Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A New Beginning
[Image: 2001-monolith-monkeys.gif]

This thing called a "new coach" was presented to us and like Neanderthals contemplating a monolith it did not take long for one of us to take the evolutionary step of hurling a bone.  And by that I mean it is the inexorable progression of fandom.  No matter what decision is made by a team (other than remove a 16 year tenured head coach with no playoff wins) fans will discuss and disagree about it.

Some are bingeing on the heady vapor of change and see nothing but sunshine, rainbows, and free passes to the petting zoo.

Others screech from the depths of a darkness they succumbed to years ago cursing the name of Michael Brown and all his dominion forever.

But most are in the middle.  They may not be thrilled with every little detail about the new coach and his staff, but to a man they are all thrilled that we have a NEW COACH to argue about.

As usual we all want the same thing.  A championship.  We just disagree on the steps needed to get one.  

And thus the first bone.

[Image: spaceody03.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Thus spoke Zarathustra
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hey, at least we get some new arguments now.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
People were calling for a house cleaning....they got a house cleaning. But some will still find a way to complain.
Reply/Quote
So far, my biggest complaint is the hiring of Turner. Slightly concerned about such a young inexperienced staff too, but that could be a good thing if it means being creative and flexible.

But, yes everything happening now is waaaay better than waiting for another season of Marv.
Reply/Quote
At last it ain't Marvin. Anything is better than Marvin.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
[Image: QKZHNX4.gif]
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Some just wanted someone new to complain about...after 16 yrs. there isn't anything more one could complain about Marvin. The last year was probably his beer belly, everything else was 100% covered.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 09:16 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Some just wanted someone new to complain about...after 16 yrs. there isn't anything more one could complain about Marvin. The last year was probably his beer belly, everything else was 100% covered.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Yet, we still have ML bashing and complaining. The forum bashes old players and coaches, give them time they will seek blood from the new guys quickly. Unless, they win, Wins stop negativity. Losing spreads it and the more losing, the quicker the mobs form.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Gotta love the Kubrick movie reference. 

Next time, I recommend using Eyes Wide Shut instead.

Might not be as useful in terms of analogies, but the optics are far more appealing. Ninja
Reply/Quote
I already hate Zac Taylor... I'll tell ya why at a later date.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 10:12 PM)jason Wrote: I already hate Zac Taylor... I'll tell ya why at a later date.

Unacceptable. You left an entire venue of possibilities of future mistakes to jump on that bandwagon. Tell us now why the hatred is so strong lord Vader? Otherwise, the future is just bandwagon bull.

[Image: darth-vader-football.jpg]

Reply/Quote

Quote:He'll be the love in your eyes
He'll be the blood between your thighs
And then have you cry for more
He'll put your strength to the test
He'll put the thrill back in death
Sure you've heard it all before
He'll be the risk in the kiss
Might be anger on your lips
Might run scared for the door
But in seasons of wither
We'll stand and deliver
Be strong and laugh

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 06:49 PM)Beaker Wrote: People were calling for a house cleaning....they got a house cleaning. But some will still find a way to complain.

What people really called for was playoff success and ultimately a championship(s).

They knew that Marvin wasn't going to lead them to that, so they wanted a clean house.

The clean house itself means nothing if we go 4-12 every year again.

I doubt that happens though.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 10:12 PM)jason Wrote: I already hate Zac Taylor... I'll tell ya why at a later date.

Because you thought it was Zac Efron, and when you found out it was a different guy you were pissed?
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 10:34 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Unacceptable. You left an entire venue of possibilities of future mistakes to jump on that bandwagon. Tell us now why the hatred is so strong lord Vader? Otherwise, the future is just bandwagon bull.

[Image: darth-vader-football.jpg]

He's younger than I am, and more successful... That's all it takes...

**** that guy...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
A long overdue one
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 06:49 PM)Beaker Wrote: People were calling for a house cleaning....they got a house cleaning. But some will still find a way to complain.

They're already giving up in the gameday thread..... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Until proven otherwise, I’ll just assume we hired the next bill belichick
Reply/Quote
It had to happen. Happy for the change. Looking forward to the road ahead.
Reply/Quote