Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grade This Mock
Don't just grade it, but give your opinions, recommendations, and anything else.

I had pick #7 in a ten team mock.

#7- RB Ezekiel Elliott Dal- best and most explosive back in college football last year behind the best line in the league? I was thrilled to get him this late.

#14- WR Allen Robinson Jax- like someone on here said, I think Bortles has a huge year and Robinson just reaps the benefits.

#27- WR Brandin Cooks NO- with Brees slinging him the rock as the #1 target, I think he puts up big numbers.

#34- WR T.Y. Hilton Ind- I was pumped to get him this late because Luck's his QB and, let's face it, they're going to throw the ball A LOT...... probably more than any team in the league.

#47- RB Jeremy Hill Cin- it might take a few weeks, but I think he returns to being our bell cow, and, even if he doesn't get the full load, I still pencil him in for 60 yards a game and a TD because he'll be our goal line back.

#54- QB Andrew Luck Ind- I think Luck is poised for a huge year and, like I said with Hilton, I think they just throw it non-stop. Plus, having Hilton and Luck gets me double points ThumbsUp

#67- WR John Brown Ari- I actually planned on taking Palmer, but Luck was sitting there that late and I couldn't pass, which I regret now because I think Palmer could have the best year of any QB, and Brown benefits greatly from that.

#74- WR Tyler Lockett Sea- got better as the year progressed last season and was a HUGE steal here.

#87- WR Sterling Shepard NYG- apparently, Shepard has been looking good in camp and Eli loves him. Great pick this late, IMCO.

#94- RB Jay Ajayi Mia- Arian Foster is old and injury prone, so let's hope that he doesn't eat into Ajayi's carries too much and he could be a decent RB#.

#107- TE Julius Thomas Jax- Blake Bortles will have a big year and I wish I could have drafted him. Double-dipping with Thomas and Robinson could hurt.

#114- WR Michael Thomas NO- LOVE this kid's potential and abilities and I think he's poised for a big year in the Saints' high powered offense. Double-dipped again, though.

#127- QB Kirk Cousins Wsh- YOU LIKE THAT?! I was hoping to get Bortles or Dalton in a later round, but they both went MUCH earlier than their projection.

#134- D/ST Seahawks D/ST- I wanted the Bengals, but they were the first D taken. It's nice that people are noticing our talent.

#147- K Dan Bailey Dal- was between him and Vinatieri, and I figured Vinatieri is about 90, but he's still gold, so I probably should have taken him.

#154- WR Tyler Boyd Cin- needed another Bengal and he could be solid in PPR.

I think I'm STACKED at receiver and could probably swing a trade for a decent or good back for depth, especially if I get rid of one of the guys where I double-dipped.

Thoughts?
Reply/Quote
In a PPR league, there is no reason not to take 4 or 5 WR to start the draft. There's no reason to take a QB until at least RD8 and you can get away with getting RB's late. Also, you never want to start a RB or TE in a flex, always WR.

I usually play in 3 WR and 2 flex leagues, which allows me to start 5 WR. Those drafts usually end up taking 7 WR and 3 RB in the first 10 rounds, taking a QB and TE in RD11 and RD12 and then picking BPA. Also, there's no reason to draft a kicker or even a defense in these leagues, better off just hoarding WR and RB in-case of an injury in camp or pre-season.

RB's most commonly grabbed are guys like Duke Johnson, Gio Bernard, Danny Woodhead, Charles Sims, Bilal Powell, Jerick McKinnon, Justin Forsett, T.J. Yeldon, Ameer Abdullah, C.J. Prosise, etc. All guys who will score within 80-90% of the RD2-5 round RB's and come at a better value.

I've ended up with a few teams like A. Brown, Mike Evans, Amari Cooper, Randall Cobb, Michael Floyd, John Brown, Tyler Lockett, Laquon Treadwell, Josh Doctson and with 4 or 5 of those RB's.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2016, 04:13 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Don't just grade it, but give your opinions, recommendations, and anything else.

#7- RB Ezekiel Elliott Dal- best and most explosive back in college football last year behind the best line in the league?  I was thrilled to get him this late.

#14- WR Allen Robinson Jax- like someone on here said, I think Bortles has a huge year and Robinson just reaps the benefits.

#27- WR Brandin Cooks NO- with Brees slinging him the rock as the #1 target, I think he puts up big numbers.

#34- WR T.Y. Hilton Ind- I was pumped to get him this late because Luck's his QB and, let's face it, they're going to throw the ball A LOT......  probably more than any team in the league.

#47- RB Jeremy Hill Cin- it might take a few weeks, but I think he returns to being our bell cow, and, even if he doesn't get the full load, I still pencil him in for 60 yards a game and a TD because he'll be our goal line back.

#54- QB Andrew Luck Ind- I think Luck is poised for a huge year and, like I said with Hilton, I think they just throw it non-stop.  Plus, having Hilton and Luck gets me double points  ThumbsUp

#67- WR John Brown Ari- I actually planned on taking Palmer, but Luck was sitting there that late and I couldn't pass, which I regret now because I think Palmer could have the best year of any QB, and Brown benefits greatly from that.

#74- WR Tyler Lockett Sea- got better as the year progressed last season and was a HUGE steal here.

#87- WR Sterling Shepard NYG- apparently, Shepard has been looking good in camp and Eli loves him.  Great pick this late, IMCO.

#94- RB Jay Ajayi Mia- Arian Foster is old and injury prone, so let's hope that he doesn't eat into Ajayi's carries too much and he could be a decent RB#.

#107- TE Julius Thomas Jax- Blake Bortles will have a big year and I wish I could have drafted him.  Double-dipping with Thomas and Robinson could hurt.

#114- WR Michael Thomas NO- LOVE this kid's potential and abilities and I think he's poised for a big year in the Saints' high powered offense.  Double-dipped again, though.

#127- QB Kirk Cousins Wsh- YOU LIKE THAT?!  I was hoping to get Bortles or Dalton in a later round, but they both went MUCH earlier than their projection.

#134- D/ST Seahawks D/ST- I wanted the Bengals, but they were the first D taken.  It's nice that people are noticing our talent.

#147- K Dan Bailey Dal- was between him and Vinatieri, and I figured Vinatieri is about 90, but he's still gold, so I probably should have taken him.

I think I'm STACKED at receiver and could probably swing a trade for a decent or good back for depth, especially if I get rid of one of the guys where I double-dipped.

Thoughts?
Mocks never pan out in real drafts for me. I like the picks, but would have probably not picked Luck as my QB. 
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2016, 03:45 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Mocks never pan out in real drafts for me. I like the picks, but would have probably not picked Luck as my QB. 

Why not?

They're just going to throw and throw and throw.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2016, 12:34 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: In a PPR league, there is no reason not to take 4 or 5 WR to start the draft.  There's no reason to take a QB until at least RD8 and you can get away with getting RB's late.  Also, you never want to start a RB or TE in a flex, always WR.

I usually play in 3 WR and 2 flex leagues, which allows me to start 5 WR.  Those drafts usually end up taking 7 WR and 3 RB in the first 10 rounds, taking a QB and TE in RD11 and RD12 and then picking BPA.  Also, there's no reason to draft a kicker or even a defense in these leagues, better off just hoarding WR and RB in-case of an injury in camp or pre-season.

RB's most commonly grabbed are guys like Duke Johnson, Gio Bernard, Danny Woodhead, Charles Sims, Bilal Powell, Jerick McKinnon, Justin Forsett, T.J. Yeldon, Ameer Abdullah, C.J. Prosise, etc.  All guys who will score within 80-90% of the RD2-5 round RB's and come at a better value.

I've ended up with a few teams like A. Brown, Mike Evans, Amari Cooper, Randall Cobb, Michael Floyd, John Brown, Tyler Lockett, Laquon Treadwell, Josh Doctson and with 4 or 5 of those RB's.

I disagree with this and support Brad's selection of a RB before a run on WRs. If he can get solid RB talent in round 1, he should. After that, go 4 receivers, as you said. 

Agreed on waiting for a QB. Unless you have one of the top 3, the difference is negligible in the long run. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2016, 04:34 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote:  I disagree with this and support Brad's selection of a RB before a run on WRs. If he can get solid RB talent in round 1, he should. After that, go 4 receivers, as you said. 

Agreed on waiting for a QB. Unless you have one of the top 3, the difference is negligible in the long run. 

You have to think that Elliot will put up between 1,000 and 1,2000 yards, at least, and 10 TDs behind that line.

I also drafted like it was my league settings, which is a QB, two RBs, three WR/TE, a kicker, and a defense.   The only two WR/TE that were taken between my picks were Gronk and AJ, who both could have monster years (people fear Tom Brady being suspended, but a TE like Gronk will be Jimmy G's best friend), but, while those two might have big years, WRs are a dime a dozen.

I liked the way my draft was going and figured I could waste an relatively early pick on a QB, especially when there's such a drop-off after that.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2016, 04:34 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote:  I disagree with this and support Brad's selection of a RB before a run on WRs. If he can get solid RB talent in round 1, he should. After that, go 4 receivers, as you said. 

Ditto. Always get the best RB available first (unless you pick really late and a WR is noticeably better) then load up on WR and take a QB later (there's always someone left late). If you're picking really late and miss out on a decent RB, you're high on the waiver list and get good dibbs on an "unknown" breakout RB. 

And the #1 rule above all others...take a K LAST. Very last.  Cool

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2016, 04:13 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Don't just grade it, but give your opinions, recommendations, and anything else.

#7- RB Ezekiel Elliott Dal- best and most explosive back in college football last year behind the best line in the league?  I was thrilled to get him this late.

#34- WR T.Y. Hilton Ind- I was pumped to get him this late because Luck's his QB and, let's face it, they're going to throw the ball A LOT......  probably more than any team in the league.

#54- QB Andrew Luck Ind- I think Luck is poised for a huge year and, like I said with Hilton, I think they just throw it non-stop.  Plus, having Hilton and Luck gets me double points  ThumbsUp

#87- WR Sterling Shepard NYG- apparently, Shepard has been looking good in camp and Eli loves him.  Great pick this late, IMCO.

#107- TE Julius Thomas Jax- Blake Bortles will have a big year and I wish I could have drafted him.  Double-dipping with Thomas and Robinson could hurt.

#114- WR Michael Thomas NO- LOVE this kid's potential and abilities and I think he's poised for a big year in the Saints' high powered offense.  Double-dipped again, though.

#127- QB Kirk Cousins Wsh- YOU LIKE THAT?!  I was hoping to get Bortles or Dalton in a later round, but they both went MUCH earlier than their projection.

#134- D/ST Seahawks D/ST- I wanted the Bengals, but they were the first D taken.  It's nice that people are noticing our talent.

Thoughts?

Can't grade it without knowing who else is there.  But I wouldn't touch a rookie RB in the first round.  My #1 RB is actually being drafted in the second round.  Lamar miller. Once the top 3 receivers are gone he is next on my board.  His talent and the system is extreme upside.

Robinson is going to fall and hard.  Look at his td numbers, he is going to regress a bit (look at Mike Evans from rookie year to last year). Td are hard to predict and with ivory and more emphasis on the defense they might not be throwing as much as last year.  Stay away IMO  (go jordy/dez/aj) one should be there and present too 5 upside with a 1200 8 td floor.

Cooks (great pick this is where I am targeting him in all leagues)

Next three picks are good but not great.  Moncief might be the one to own.  Luck should be ok but I'd try for Bree's or maybe wait and grab Brady a couple rounds later.  Hill is fine as your #2 rb

Brown Lockett Shepard.  What are you doing?  After brown you have 4 receivers and 2 RB... Grab high upside RB instead of Lockett or Shepard (probably both)

Ajayay is fine but as your 3rd RB you are in big trouble.  And don't say you will swing a trade because it won't happen.

The rest of the draft is ok (like the J Thomas pick) but you are toas at RB overall.  Some combo of rashad Jennings, gore, Deangelo Williams instead of brown, Lockett, Shepard and you would be in much better shape. I'd even go Charles, Lacy over Allen Robinson and snag hurns later. 
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2016, 04:24 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Why not?

They're just going to throw and throw and throw.

I think Luck will have a bad year. Last year was full of injuries for him. I'm not convinced he's fully recovered.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote