Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A PASSIONATE Dislike for ZT
(10-19-2020, 01:58 PM)Sled21 Wrote: 1) Which best personnel is he not playing?

2) You do realize everytime you run a QB sneak, you risk losing your QB for the season over something stupid like a broken finger or thumb, right? Are you a big fan of Finley??????

3) He's acutally gone for it on 4th down quite a bit.

I'd add that the last minute FG has gotten some vindication lately. A lot of fans, myself included, forgot that Harbaugh challenged that 4th down completion up 27 late in the 4th trying to protect his shutout. It seems the FG was a "eff you and your shutout" kinda statement. 

There's plenty to be upset about with this staff, the FG in Baltimore is not one of those things.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 08:11 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: But did you?

Because I pointed out in the offseason that the second half of the schedule was SIGNIFICANTLY easier than the first half. The only two teams that were any good absolutely stomped the Bengals. It's not particularly impressive if you run for 150-170 yards in a 3+ score loss and the Browns were in absolute coaching/locker room collapse when they played them.

Now sure enough here's the Bengals with the 24th overall and 30th in YPC rushing offense in 2020. That doesn't sound fixed.

Be prepared to see it again.  The schedule sets up nicely for a patented dead cat bounce.  I can already read the Hobson articles about how the team improved in the second half of the year...
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 07:43 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: That seems like a pretty legitimate gripe.

Not if the reason they are failing is lack of talent.

It is like hating Donald Trump based on the color of his hair.

Changing it won't fix any of the real problems.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 08:11 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: But did you?

Because I pointed out in the offseason that the second half of the schedule was SIGNIFICANTLY easier than the first half. The only two teams that were any good absolutely stomped the Bengals.

Yes I did.

I was not talking about the entire team.  I was just talking about the run defense.

First half of the season our run game was not only dead last in the league, but on pace to be one of the worst in recent history.  We averaged 50.9 yards per game and 3.2 yards per carry with 0 rushing tds from any of our running backs.  We even sucked against bad run defenses

34 yds against Seattle's 22nd ranked run defense
25 yds against San Francisco's 17th ranked run defense
33 yds against Jacksonville's 28th ranked run defense.

Second half of the season we increased our production by over 150% (130.1 ypg), were 6th in the league in rushing yards, and top half of the league in yards per carry (4.43).  Mixon had 5 rushing tds and we crushed poor run defenses.  We also produce well against good run defenses including 173 yards against Oakland's 8th ranked run defense (in a one score game) and 164 yards against New England's 6th ranked run defense.
Reply/Quote