Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Remaining Big Board
(04-30-2021, 01:10 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Loving the depth still available for the OL.

Good list. I'd say there a solid ~half-dozen there that I'd be decidedly happy with... and another half-dozen that I would be decidedly not. 

For those of us who lost the civil war, is it too much to ask to just get a guy that we would be happy with too?! Have mercy on my soul lol.

What do those #'s correspond to?
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 01:23 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: So, a guy with a a lot of experience, scheme versatility and matchups against high level competition...who's been steady as hell, continually finds a way to get the job done and has improved each year has 'no strengths'? 

This is why it's so frustrating to talk about the draft sometimes. Facepalm

I'm allowed to have an opinion too. Don't get it twisted.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 01:37 PM)tms Wrote: I'm allowed to have an opinion too. Don't get it twisted.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Dammit, every time I see / hear that phrase now...I automatically picture Cecily Strong. LOL
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 01:17 PM)tms Wrote: Yeah he'd be awful. The play not to lose pick. The man with no strengths (other than the name of his school). Shoot me now lol

Pretty sure I remember people saying the same thing about Mike McGlinchey when he came out of ND.
He wasn't as good of a pass protector as he was a run blocker, but he was very good and has become a good OT with SF.
I don't think Eichenberg is as good as McGlinchey, but he's also not as bad as some people think he will be.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 02:12 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Pretty sure I remember people saying the same thing about Mike McGlinchey when he came out of ND.
He wasn't as good of a pass protector as he was a run blocker, but he was very good and has become a good OT with SF.
I don't think Eichenberg is as good as McGlinchey, but he's also not as bad as some people think he will be.

Not even close for me. People will always hate on the Irish for being the Irish but McGlinchey was a stud. There's no comparison. Run blocking or pass pro, zone or power, I don't know where Eichenberg fits. He's a tweener in the worst way imo. 

Even apart from his game, he's just average. A placeholder. More of the same. Which isn't a total zero but the Bengals need a rock to help them build an identity imo. Not a plug. I'm tired of the whack-a-mole.

He's never played any position but LT, either. Of course we'd want to move him around smh. The whole thing is silly but I have little doubt that it's happening.
Reply/Quote
trade back get an extra 3rd or 4th and grab the Gut mid 2nd. (we are apparently interested but 38 would be too high)

lol
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:00 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: The fact that u would still consider not going offensive line here at 38 is exactly why I can’t stand a lot of the people in here.  It’s almost as if ur a closet Steelers fan.  U probably wanted chase to at 5.  The pick at 38 has to be creed Humphrey it’s a no brainer we have no one on the interior.  Hopkins off the acl price a free agent next year and he’s horrible cmon.  This pick is easy if Humphrey is there.

Nah, I was a Sewell guy.  I thought that he was far and away the best OT.  Whether by a stroke of genius or just dumb luck, the draft has fallen so that there are a lot of OL on the board.  I'd very much hope that they can snag some of the best ones available, BUT...if they have a chance to take a far higher caliber player at edge/OLB, I'd think that a savvy drafting team could make it work.  There aren't enough roster spots for 7 OL picks in a row, so yeah I'd swing for the fences on other needs if the grades on the remaining OL guys were around equal.  When I look at Ojulari and Owusu-Koramoah I see potential for greatness. I'd insta-lock Ojulari at 38 and not think twice about it.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 03:11 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Nah, I was a Sewell guy.  I thought that he was far and away the best OT.  Whether by a stroke of genius or just dumb luck, the draft has fallen so that there are a lot of OL on the board.  I'd very much hope that they can snag some of the best ones available, BUT...if they have a chance to take a far higher caliber player at edge/OLB, I'd think that a savvy drafting team could make it work.  There aren't enough roster spots for 7 OL picks in a row, so yeah I'd swing for the fences on other needs if the grades on the remaining OL guys were around equal.  When I look at Ojulari and Owusu-Koramoah I see potential for greatness. I'd insta-lock Ojulari at 38 and not think twice about it.

U really put a lot of trust in the bengals deep in this draft selecting an offensive lineman while ur qb has a blown out knee. It’s reckless to go anywhere else here at 38 other than oline and imo creed Humphrey is a no brainer there. But as much as I say one thing if they were to go basham or Perkins I’d probably go streaking so who knows. But burrows gotta get protected and here we are on day two and he’s still not protected. Jonah is a massive question mark and Reiff is solid with potential to be good. Our offensive line is still bottom of the barrel and that’s coming of a year in which our franchise qb blew out his acl.
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure it's a great idea to take guys that are coming off major injuries or have serous medical red flags in round 2. This is too important to roll the dice.
Reply/Quote