Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I’d bet someone good money we’re gonna see the same D Pittsburg played against Dallas
Head hunting?
Reply/Quote
The thing is, it’s hard for teams to break their em identity and stay patient. If Burrow can take all the easy throws in cover 2, then they will start to take chances. Then we can strike deep. It’s a battle of patience.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 11:57 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Makes sense. Unfortunately, I don't have any formational data available to me but this all lines up with what I have been seeing in game. I've seen, and argued, that the Bengals have more success running from shotgun than under center. I wouldn't complain if they largely took the UC plays out of the playbook and implemented more RPO/PA from gun. 

With Burrow I'd like to see them go more spread with some RPOs read option WR screens and more duos inside/tight/mid zones. But the wide zone offense/west coast offense is viable too with some under center TE playaction mesh concepts boots.

I've said it going back to early last year that their rushing and passing offenses are disparate. Can they win like that yes of course but it's harder because they tip their hand alot more.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 12:57 PM)Synric Wrote: With Burrow I'd like to see them go more spread with some RPOs read option WR screens and more duos inside/tight/mid zones. But the wide zone offense/west coast offense is viable too with some under center TE playaction mesh concepts boots.

I've said it going back to early last year that their rushing and passing offenses are disparate. Can they win like that yes of course but it's harder because they tip their hand alot more.

Yep because he’s USUALLY really really good at his accuracy when he can throw to the guy he’s expecting to throw to pre snap.

I love the RPO idea
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Steelers got 7 sacks against the Bengals, 0 against the Patriots. I know Watt is out, but that's some real red flag for the Bengals OL/OL Coaching.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 05:02 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Steelers got 7 sacks against the Bengals, 0 against the Patriots. I know Watt is out, but that's some real red flag for the Bengals OL/OL Coaching.

To me this says coaching.

He has the players he wants.

This is kinda like when LeBron went to the Lakers and made them get everyone he wanted. It’s like at this point it’s in you bro
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 10:36 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Ive never seen an official statement by NFL on Chase catch that actually would be a bit unusual by the NFL to make an official statement on a non challenge, where did you see the statement by league?

It wasn’t an “official statement” per se, but it was reported by multiple credible outlets.

Per multiple sources, the replay process would have indeed resulted in the ruling on the field being overturned. The Bengals would have gotten a touchdown.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/09/11/jamarr-chase-non-touchdown-would-have-been-a-touchdown-if-challenged/

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2022, 09:21 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: They blitz Parsons all over the place. I expect him to target the left side and Collins a lot

Which is what they did. 

Parsons landed with the right team. They really know how to use him. Some teams might have him just play a traditional LB position. But Dallas utilizes him all over the place and when they saw a team like Cinci is having troubles with sacks Dallas mainly used him near the line.
Reply/Quote
Dallas played heavy Tampa 2. Needed to run draws and HB check downs to expose it more. The smash concept we threw the pick six on last week I think may have Burrow gun shy to throw the hole shot which is one of the weaknesses in cover 2.

Until we can consistently run block and run efficiently we are in trouble folks.
Reply/Quote
Good breakdown from Tony Pike here.

Boyd and Hurst should be eating vs these coverages.

Reply/Quote