Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Player Bengals "Must" Have
(04-22-2021, 12:59 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I don’t really have any must haves. Which is kind of odd. There is usually someone I really really want.

This year it is pretty much the hometown homer in me. If Jackson Carman is there in the 3rd we better bring the Cincinnati kid home. In the later rounds Tommy Kraemer is well worth a dice roll for interior OL depth and once again bringing the Cincinnati boy home.

The UC boys are really tempting. Hudson and Wiggins. And if they were picked any time after the 2nd for Hudson or after the 4th for Wiggins round I wouldn’t mind it.

There are a lot of Buckeyes I wouldn’t mind having. But none more than Tommy Togiai. Brute strength undersized DT might fall to our DL magic round. In the 4th I’m seeing if we have a Geno replacement.

If Gregory Rousseau falls to our 2nd round pick he is a no brainer pick IMO. Kills two birds with one stone. DE depth and interior pass rush depth. Calais Campbell level potential.

I’m in the same boat as you. Every guy you listed I like in the rounds you said. My main guy would probably be Togiai though. I’d be happy taking him in 3 (possibly trading back in 3 and grabbing him too). He’s horribly underrated IMO and will be a great value pick if the mocks are accurate and he doesn’t go in the first two rounds. There are a lot of buckeyes that could be very solid value picks this year based on where they’re projected to go.

I love Rousseau and if he’s there in 2 I do it for sure but I really wanted to come out of rounds 1-2 with a WR/OL in any order so I’d be concerned a little if we luck out and draft him just from that point of view.

I’ve been mocking Tommy Tremble to us a lot, could be solid value play as well.

Trevon Grimes depending on where he goes. Lots of guys like that I’m watching but I really don’t have that one guy this year that I feel we have to have. Just a lot of potential value picks I’ll be keeping my eyes on during the draft.

Sorry to the OP. I can’t be expected to follow directions.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 12:59 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I don’t really have any must haves. Which is kind of odd. There is usually someone I really really want.

This year it is pretty much the hometown homer in me. If Jackson Carman is there in the 3rd we better bring the Cincinnati kid home. In the later rounds Tommy Kraemer is well worth a dice roll for interior OL depth and once again bringing the Cincinnati boy home.

The UC boys are really tempting. Hudson and Wiggins. And if they were picked any time after the 2nd for Hudson or after the 4th for Wiggins round I wouldn’t mind it.

There are a lot of Buckeyes I wouldn’t mind having. But none more than Tommy Togiai. Brute strength undersized DT might fall to our DL magic round. In the 4th I’m seeing if we have a Geno replacement.

If Gregory Rousseau falls to our 2nd round pick he is a no brainer pick IMO. Kills two birds with one stone. DE depth and interior pass rush depth. Calais Campbell level potential.
I don't really follow UC football closely but I'm starting to be interested in the running back Doaks.  Do you know anything about him?
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Arron Banks - Notre Dame. Great size , dosen’t have the medial concerns like Dickerson and Smith. Plus he played at a big time program that produces good lineman versus worrying about a D3 guy like Quinn Meinerz game translating to the next level.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 05:44 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'm not up enough on the draft this year beyond Chase, Sewell and Pitts, but I would love to have:

Trey Smith

I’m a big fan of Smith. On his scouting profile on NFL.com it says his pro player comparison is Bobbie Williams , I think destiny that the Bengals pick him lol.
Reply/Quote
I would like to see the Bengals double down on Offensive line in this draft and if it's a day 3 pick a guy I have my eye on is Jaylon Moore from Western Michigan. Moore is fun to watch because he usually is out of his stance faster than anyone else in the football game.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 08:53 AM)yang Wrote: Michael Carter RB, NC to replace Gio. Probably have to take him in the 3rd. People’s heads will explode.

Yea yuck
Reply/Quote
Ronnie perkins and Payton Turner. Perkins doesn’t ever need to come off the field. 90% above on both rushing the stopping the run.
Reply/Quote
Carter is an absolute stud that can replace Gio. Fast and catch. Excellent blocker. Breakaway ability. It could totally happen.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 01:51 PM)yang Wrote: Carter is an absolute stud that can replace Gio.  Fast and catch.  Excellent blocker.  Breakaway ability.   It could totally happen.

Gio was released because the Bengals don't value that role and have paid big money for Mixon.

It would make no sense to spend a 3rd round on RB.
Reply/Quote
Brevin Jordan TE Miami. Ive been doing alot of mock simulators and he should be available in the 3rd round according to theyre rankings. I think if they go sewell we could take brevin in the 3rd and possibly push wr to the 5th round.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 02:54 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Gio was released because the Bengals don't value that role and have paid big money for Mixon.

Nah, this is silly. Irrespective of salary, we overrate Mixon a great deal imo. He's one of the last holdovers from Marv and it stands to reason that Zac will eventually be tempted to bring in his own guy. 

More importantly, Mixon hasn't proven that he can handle a full workload in four years. He's not some unknown kid craving opportunity. He's getting as much as he can and he can't seem to handle that much. Gio wasn't chopped liver, either. He had more touches last year than in any season since 2014- due in large part to Mixon's inability to stay on the field. This was not a case of addition by subtraction.

They have no RB depth. It's a theme across the roster, but certainly true in the backfield. Trayveon Williams looks like a backup and Samaje Perine is a STer. 

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if they were eyeing someone on Day 2 or 3, which led them to release Gio. I don't know if that means a dual-threat R3 like Kenny Gainwell, R4-5 like Trey Sermon or Chuba Hubbard, or R6-7 like Jermar Jefferson, but I would be floored if they didn't make a move on one. 
Reply/Quote
I'm not so sure about "must have" but Shi Smith would be a great later round WR pick up IMO.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'd like to see Cornell Powell the WR from Clemson on day 3. He is an interesting prospect to develop. Didn't get a lot of time at Clemson till his senior year and just broke out once given the chance. He isn't polished but with a little coaching up I think he'll be a good WR and the bonus is he has return and special teams experience.

Also, Chauncey Golston from Iowa would be a nice addition to the DL rotation but I can't place him in the draft. Seen him in rounds 4 to 7.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Guess I will have to go with The Mighty Quinn...
Reply/Quote
I think Jaelen Dardin in the 5th is the player I select the most regardless of who I take in the first and second round.

The other most common selections I make outside of the First two rounds regardless of who I take in those rounds is Milton Williams and Kendrick Green in the 3rd and 4th rounds.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 04:08 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think Jaelen Dardin in the 5th is the player I select the most regardless of who I take in the first and second round.

The other most common selections I make outside of the First two rounds regardless of who I take in those rounds is Milton Williams and Kendrick Green in the 3rd and 4th rounds.

Jaelon Darden just makes defenders look silly, and I also love Milton and Kendrick. Good ones CJD. Wink

I might have to make a 3rd mock now...
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 01:04 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I really want Ben Cleveland if he’s there in the 3rd. I know he supposedly doesn’t fit our scheme that well, but I would love to have a big old bully like that at RG.

This stole mine, so I will go with the next choice:  The Bengals really need to come away from Rd 2 with the future at RT.  I am hoping it is one of these in my order of preference:

Spencer Brown
Liam Eichenberg
Teven Jenkins
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 02:54 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Gio was released because the Bengals don't value that role and have paid big money for Mixon.

Considering he was here for a long time, I don't think it's accurate to say that.

They also spent a 4th rounder on Mark Walton, so they aren't opposed to drafting a running back in the top part of the draft,
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 10:43 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This stole mine, so I will go with the next choice:  The Bengals really need to come away from Rd 2 with the future at RT.  I am hoping it is one of these in my order of preference:

Spencer Brown
Liam Eichenberg
Teven Jenkins

Chase
Eichenberg
Cleveland

Is pretty much my dream scenario. Then go DL in the 4th where we’ve had pretty good luck in the past (Lawson, Geno, Peko).

Reply/Quote
I've been watching Memphis pretty closely since Gibson started tearing it up for WFT and two of my targets are from there this year:

Kenneth Gainwell, RB (R3/4)

If we're looking to replace Gio, Kenny fits like a glove. He doesn't have Gio's explosiveness, but he's a playmaker all over the field. I personally think Taylor has his eye on a back who fits his system more naturally than Mixon- and it could be Gainwell.

Damonte Coxie, WR (Day 3)

The reason (the only reason imo) that Coxie's not pegged higher is just his athleticism. He runs a 4.7 and doesn't test well. That said, he's super-smart with ultra-soft hands, tracks the ball like a pro, is fearless across the middle, and you can tell the game slows down for him. In that sense, he's a step behind physically but a step ahead mentally. Did I mention he's 6'3"? He's basically a Dezmon Briscoe clone and, dare I say it, not that far off from TO lol. He was also the Tigers' #1 option in 2019 when Gibson was still there. I'd love to land him anywhere on Day 3 or as a UDFA.
Reply/Quote