Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
A Proposal
I've kept off the boards for around 2 weeks or so (well, posting on JN, anyways; just checked in to see the injury news) and just seeing the first hour and a bit since the end of the game, I don't know if I will post this week either.

thebengalsboard.com has become an insanely, "un-fun," and toxic place to be, the past 4 weeks or so and me personally, I don't wish to be a part of it; we are fans of this team, we should root for them to win at any cost. After all, the entire point of sports is to win, right?

I mean, we gave up a ****ton of yards today, sure and ultimately, lost the game. Yet, our horridly out-of place backup OG, played a damn good game at LT in pass pro, we continued to shut the Ravens down in the Red Zone (1 of 4 drives, was it? that they got TDs) and Tate looked superb, not to mention we played a great team on teams.

Not to mention as well (of course, no one has mentioned it or anything), there were *2* fumbles that weren't called on the field (both should've been challenged, that's on ZT), that would've taken off 10 points and almost 90 yards off as well. AND Boyd caught the ball, fumbled before going OB (WITH NO WHISTLE EITHER; it was only blown after Erickson picked it up and then the incomplete signal was given), which would've been a TD (Erickson scooped it and was gone). Canady holds Tate's shoulder clearly, EVEN REVIEW IT and see it is blatant, still no call. Does it again on Erickson, still no call.

No matter how shittily we play, if we still have a chance late, it is beyond infuriating when refs continually **** us over or do things that go against us.

So to see people spewing hate and vitriol, poisonous words and nasty shit towards the team we are FANS of, it just disheartens me to death and quite frankly, pisses me the **** off; you people must have REALLY miserable and terrible lives, when fights are picked and hate has to be spewed behind your computer.

Anyways, if I'm the only person who feels this way, then I guess I'm the only loser on the planet with this attitude, but in an effort to make this place more tolerable and actually a fun community again, I propose a bet; a retirement/I quit/whatever you want to call it, bet.

I should've been more bold and done it this week (when I originally thought about it), but I held back on Wednesday or so. Anyways:

If the Bengals lose next week (since a bunch of the goons on here want that: you know who you are), I will leave the boards forever and quite frankly, I will be thrilled not to read constant shitposts and the sarcastic snark that has made up the majority of posts the last few weeks.

If the Bengals win next week (since I appear to be one of the few on here who actually wants to see that), I stick around and anyone who wants in on this bet, has to leave the boards forever. It would be nice to root for this team to win again, as we should.

And before you talk about, "better draft pick," whether we have the first or 31st pick, a QB won't help, so no, it won't help to tank.

Since I have people posting days after my last post, being sarcastic and taking the piss out of me (again, you know who you are), I would LOVE for you guys to be in on this bet, but I'm not forcing anyone to do anything.

I am proposing this, in an effort to make this place just a bit less crappy and a bit more positive again, as I feel I contribute positively, more often than not (yes, I realise the paradoxical posting of a quite negative post, after writing that I try to be positive).

I've contributed to this board (mothership too) since 2009, I have donated money to help out this board as much as I possibly (so have many of you, I know) can, so I don't want to see it continue to be the depress-fest that it has become; I know that even if we win next week, people will still take the piss out of the team, but whatever; I can only do what I can do.

So, any takers? Let's get a bit exciting for once this year, instead of being angry and gloomy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
There's always some kind of silver lining Truck.

It's just hard to get excited about a team that is poorly run from the top and lack fundamentals throughout at times.

We all want the "New Dey".

It just is not today or the days before.

That special spark or coaching ingenuity that was hoped has not materialized.

Some thought Marvin was once a decent coach who just turned stale.

So if anything Taylor would breathe some new life into the players even if the management lacked in Free Agency.

That's not really happening either with very lackluster performances and play-calling.

It's not really hard to see how it can cause a toxic situation with posters/fans.

Good luck with your venture.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
No
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(10-13-2019, 08:03 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: There's always a some kind of silver lining Truck.

It's just hard to get excited about a team that is poorly run from the top and lack fundamentals throughout at times.

We all want the "New Dey".

It just is not today or the days before.

That special spark or coaching ingenuity that was hoped has not materialized.

Some thought Marvin was once a decent coach who just turned stale.

So if anything Taylor would breathe some new life into the players even if the management lacked in Free Agency.

That's not really happening either with very lackluster performances and play-calling.

It's not really hard to see how it can cause a toxic situation with posters/fans.

Good luck with your venture.

(not you, Rocker) take out your anger some other way, not on a place where people go for a good time.

A lot of what you say is true, but we haven't had our best team out there for any game this year; no AJ, not our best Oline, Lawson missing half the time, etc. Hell, the Stoolers have been utter shit with a virtually identical team to last year, just because they're down one guy.

Hope for the best, but enough of the shitposting; doesn't change the situation at all (again, not you).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
(10-13-2019, 07:19 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I've kept off the boards for around 2 weeks or so (well, posting on JN, anyways; just checked in to see the injury news) and just seeing the first hour and a bit since the end of the game, I don't know if I will post this week either.

thebengalsboard.com has become an insanely, "un-fun," and toxic place to be, the past 4 weeks or so and me personally, I don't wish to be a part of it; we are fans of this team, we should root for them to win at any cost. After all, the entire point of sports is to win, right?

I mean, we gave up a ****ton of yards today, sure and ultimately, lost the game. Yet, our horridly out-of place backup OG, played a damn good game at LT in pass pro, we continued to shut the Ravens down in the Red Zone (1 of 4 drives, was it? that they got TDs) and Tate looked superb, not to mention we played a great team on teams.

Not to mention as well (of course, no one has mentioned it or anything), there were *2* fumbles that weren't called on the field (both should've been challenged, that's on ZT), that would've taken off 10 points and almost 90 yards off as well. AND Boyd caught the ball, fumbled before going OB (WITH NO WHISTLE EITHER; it was only blown after Erickson picked it up and then the incomplete signal was given), which would've been a TD (Erickson scooped it and was gone). Canady holds Tate's shoulder clearly, EVEN REVIEW IT and see it is blatant, still no call. Does it again on Erickson, still no call.

No matter how shittily we play, if we still have a chance late, it is beyond infuriating when refs continually **** us over or do things that go against us.

So to see people spewing hate and vitriol, poisonous words and nasty shit towards the team we are FANS of, it just disheartens me to death and quite frankly, pisses me the **** off; you people must have REALLY miserable and terrible lives, when fights are picked and hate has to be spewed behind your computer.

Anyways, if I'm the only person who feels this way, then I guess I'm the only loser on the planet with this attitude, but in an effort to make this place more tolerable and actually a fun community again, I propose a bet; a retirement/I quit/whatever you want to call it, bet.

I should've been more bold and done it this week (when I originally thought about it), but I held back on Wednesday or so. Anyways:

If the Bengals lose next week (since a bunch of the goons on here want that: you know who you are), I will leave the boards forever and quite frankly, I will be thrilled not to read constant shitposts and the sarcastic snark that has made up the majority of posts the last few weeks.

If the Bengals win next week (since I appear to be one of the few on here who actually wants to see that), I stick around and anyone who wants in on this bet, has to leave the boards forever. It would be nice to root for this team to win again, as we should.

And before you talk about, "better draft pick," whether we have the first or 31st pick, a QB won't help, so no, it won't help to tank.

Since I have people posting days after my last post, being sarcastic and taking the piss out of me (again, you know who you are), I would LOVE for you guys to be in on this bet, but I'm not forcing anyone to do anything.

I am proposing this, in an effort to make this place just a bit less crappy and a bit more positive again, as I feel I contribute positively, more often than not (yes, I realise the paradoxical posting of a quite negative post, after writing that I try to be positive).

I've contributed to this board (mothership too) since 2009, I have donated money to help out this board as much as I possibly (so have many of you, I know) can, so I don't want to see it continue to be the depress-fest that it has become; I know that even if we win next week, people will still take the piss out of the team, but whatever; I can only do what I can do.

So, any takers? Let's get a bit exciting for once this year, instead of being angry and gloomy.

I hope you don't leave. I don't agree with everything you say, but you're definitely a quality poster. I've tried to stay away from this board for the exact same reason. Being one of the worst teams in the league and declining every year since the 2015 playoff melt down has grinded a lot of people down. I know that this place probably wont get better until we start winning.
(10-13-2019, 07:19 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I've kept off the boards for around 2 weeks or so (well, posting on JN, anyways; just checked in to see the injury news) and just seeing the first hour and a bit since the end of the game, I don't know if I will post this week either.

So this team is 0-6 with seemingly NO direction to improve. They haven't won a damn playoff game in almost 3 DAMN DECADES, but you want to call people out for being negative??? Comical. People are rightfully frustrated. If you can't take the negativity, bye. 
The old, whether it be a tree or a road or a building or a team owner or a QB, need to decay and depart for there to be room for the new and young to bring new life.

We are witnessing the decaying and dying of the Mike Brown era. Yes, he'll drag it on as long as he can, but it's inevitable.

The new is not always better, healthier or smarter, but it is a hope of a new beginning.

The young do not always last and some have a very short life span, but this allows other youth that are better, smarter and healthier to move in and, hopefully, do a better job.

Mike Brown and family deserve all the ridicule they are getting and more.

Frankly, I believe fans care more than Mike Brown does about winning, by a wide margin.

I don't hope the team loses, I hope they win. But I also hope for changes in the front office and coaches and some players in the next 6 months so that this will win.

It is another frustrating time to be a Bengal fan so hard to fault anyone being upset. I think a better approach is to ignore the noise when it gets personal against each other or the team. It is the NFL so rebuilds can be done quickly, it appears we need one, but many opinions on best path.

I hope you don't make a bet where anyone leaves this site. Yes some drive me crazy just as I do to others, but like you said, we have 1 thing in common, we love this team sometimes so much it hurts.

Let's hope we can all look in the mirror and adjust our delivery on our disappointment, but for those who won't, let them be, let them vent.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
It is this franchise’s JOB to produce a winning organization. It is the CINCINNATI Bengals, not Mike Brown Bengals. This team represents the city. The people of Cincinnati payed for a stadium for this team to play in. Real money from real people not associated with the Brown family. The citizens of Cincinnati held up their part of the bargain in real tax money coming out of their pockets. Mike Brown has failed to live up to his duty to give this city a winning organization. He has literally defied the laws of probability in a league built for parity. People have the RIGHT to be angry.
I support the team 100% during the offseason.. come the regular season, I expect a return for my full support. It's a give and take relationship. If you win, expect kudos and accolades. Play to lose, expect the opposite. Simple as that. My support is there every week, keep losing, expect some harsh criticism.

PS. Credit to coach A for not dropping Billings into coverage.
If people being critical of an 0-6 team that has looked like absolute dog shit this year is enough to make you leave then by all means - be gone.

It's not ones fault but the Bengals and this organization.

It's not just the boards, it's not fun to be a fan of this team period right now.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
I’m not going to tell you to leave, Truck, as I think you’re a good poster, but you should probably just let people vent. We’ve won 1 game out of our last 14, and are on our way to a 4th losing season in a row.

I know some people think you should always root for them to win no matter what, but right now I’m more interested in draft position than scraping out a meaningless win or two. Just how I feel.

I have some proposals:

If you don't like the tone of a thread don't post in it

If you don't like the responses of a poster don't reply to them

If you want to support a well run organization forget everything you've ever known about the Bengals

But if you want to be part of a community that is full of all kinds while we suffer as a whole; then stick around.

I honestly tried it a couple years ago. I was done with the Bengals and this Board. I signed up to the Colts board and started growing a neck beard like my newest hero. I even started looking at Colts gear online, I couldn't do it.

I've been a fan of the Bengals for longer than most and been a member of Bengal forums since I couldn't surf the web and be on my home phone at the same time and I can tell you: Embrace the suck and appreciate the collection of fools that make up this forum
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(10-13-2019, 08:12 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: (not you, Rocker) take out your anger some other way, not on a place where people go for a good time.

A lot of what you say is true, but we haven't had our best team out there for any game this year; no AJ, not our best Oline, Lawson missing half the time, etc. Hell, the Stoolers have been utter shit with a virtually identical team to last year, just because they're down one guy.

Hope for the best, but enough of the shitposting; doesn't change the situation at all (again, not you).

Is that one guy that's made such a difference, a QB?  Ninja Ninja Ninja

But seriously, i've tried (and failed a few times) to post more "positive" thinks they could/should do to improve the team. 

0-6 is going to bring out the worst, it's just the nature of the beast. 

Bottom line is...you're not a quitter, so you ain't quitting nothing. Just hang in there for a bit, come a little less if necessary for your sanity, and when things get better, you'll be back at it. 

"And that's the way it is, cause Stone Cold said so!"

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Blah blah blah...

None of you want in on the the man's bet? I don't think he should make it because I don't want him to leave, but he didn't ask for your retorts. He said "who wants to bet?".
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(10-13-2019, 09:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have some proposals:

If you don't like the tone of a thread don't post in it

If you don't like the responses of a poster don't reply to them

If you want to support a well run organization forget everything you've ever known about the Bengals

But if you want to be part of a community that is full of all kinds while we suffer as a whole; then stick around.

I honestly tried it a couple years ago. I was done with the Bengals and this Board. I signed up to the Colts board and started growing a neck beard like my newest hero. I even started looking at Colts gear online, I couldn't do it.

I've a fan of the Bengals for longer than most and been a member of Bengal forums since I could surf the web and be on my home phone at the same time and I can tell you: Embrace the suck and appreciate the collection of fools that make up this forum

What if Truck counters with an indecent proposal?

[Image: th?id=OIP.yOfqim8GAxLGA6WA3QXhBQAAAA&pid...=300&h=300]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
(10-13-2019, 09:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote:   Embrace the suck

That has to be a military line lol I remember it from drill sergeants and one my XOs. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Sports message boards / communities are most often a reflection of their team's performance. If the team is doing well, the community is usually in a better mood...if the team is a shit show, the community will be sometimes as well. I understand when posters get worn out by the negativity, but it also makes it difficult when you're a loyal fan of a team that has the overall culture of this one.

I guarantee that the overwhelming majority of negativity is because fans are desperate to see this team do well, and not because they enjoy complaining or the team losing. That's not to say those people don't exist or aren't a part of the board, just that I think it's a very small number.

Let's face it...this fan base (as a whole) is pretty damned jaded, and with legitimate reason. I think when things start going bad --- again and again, it just drives home what made them cynical in the first place. At the same time, for all this fan base has put up with, I would argue that they have remained pretty damn loyal and have stuck with this franchise...even through times of record breaking ineptitude.

Like I said though, I understand your frustration as well, because the overwhelming nature of the negativity can't be depressing as hell, especially when members start going after each other, which is uncalled for. 

This isn't a problem unique to this board though, or to any sports message board really. Hell, the Patriot's have won multiple Super Bowls and I can still show you threads on their different boards where people are fighting over whether to trade Tom Brady or not, whether to fire Billy B or not, and so on. It's sort of just the nature of the beast.
(10-13-2019, 09:40 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: What if Truck counters with an indecent proposal?

[Image: th?id=OIP.yOfqim8GAxLGA6WA3QXhBQAAAA&pid...=300&h=300]

The only thing better would be an incandescent proposal. 

Seriously, if some of you don't get it...look up the definition.  Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(10-13-2019, 09:43 PM)Synric Wrote: That has to be a military line lol I remember it from drill sergeants and one my XOs. 

Indeed. Military...I think Navy Seals. You hear it from some of the high end trainers too in fitness.