Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
A Proposal
(10-18-2019, 02:44 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: PDub is like Tom Brady in the 4th quarter of a playoff game with the score tied.  His mind is on one thing and one thing only , winning.   Ain’t no stopping the PDub train !!!

That is a little childish, don't you think?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-13-2019, 07:19 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I've kept off the boards for around 2 weeks or so (well, posting on JN, anyways; just checked in to see the injury news) and just seeing the first hour and a bit since the end of the game, I don't know if I will post this week either.

thebengalsboard.com has become an insanely, "un-fun," and toxic place to be, the past 4 weeks or so and me personally, I don't wish to be a part of it; we are fans of this team, we should root for them to win at any cost. After all, the entire point of sports is to win, right?

I mean, we gave up a ****ton of yards today, sure and ultimately, lost the game. Yet, our horridly out-of place backup OG, played a damn good game at LT in pass pro, we continued to shut the Ravens down in the Red Zone (1 of 4 drives, was it? that they got TDs) and Tate looked superb, not to mention we played a great team on teams.

Not to mention as well (of course, no one has mentioned it or anything), there were *2* fumbles that weren't called on the field (both should've been challenged, that's on ZT), that would've taken off 10 points and almost 90 yards off as well. AND Boyd caught the ball, fumbled before going OB (WITH NO WHISTLE EITHER; it was only blown after Erickson picked it up and then the incomplete signal was given), which would've been a TD (Erickson scooped it and was gone). Canady holds Tate's shoulder clearly, EVEN REVIEW IT and see it is blatant, still no call. Does it again on Erickson, still no call.

No matter how shittily we play, if we still have a chance late, it is beyond infuriating when refs continually **** us over or do things that go against us.

So to see people spewing hate and vitriol, poisonous words and nasty shit towards the team we are FANS of, it just disheartens me to death and quite frankly, pisses me the **** off; you people must have REALLY miserable and terrible lives, when fights are picked and hate has to be spewed behind your computer.

Anyways, if I'm the only person who feels this way, then I guess I'm the only loser on the planet with this attitude, but in an effort to make this place more tolerable and actually a fun community again, I propose a bet; a retirement/I quit/whatever you want to call it, bet.

I should've been more bold and done it this week (when I originally thought about it), but I held back on Wednesday or so. Anyways:

If the Bengals lose next week (since a bunch of the goons on here want that: you know who you are), I will leave the boards forever and quite frankly, I will be thrilled not to read constant shitposts and the sarcastic snark that has made up the majority of posts the last few weeks.

If the Bengals win next week (since I appear to be one of the few on here who actually wants to see that), I stick around and anyone who wants in on this bet, has to leave the boards forever. It would be nice to root for this team to win again, as we should.

And before you talk about, "better draft pick," whether we have the first or 31st pick, a QB won't help, so no, it won't help to tank.

Since I have people posting days after my last post, being sarcastic and taking the piss out of me (again, you know who you are), I would LOVE for you guys to be in on this bet, but I'm not forcing anyone to do anything.

I am proposing this, in an effort to make this place just a bit less crappy and a bit more positive again, as I feel I contribute positively, more often than not (yes, I realise the paradoxical posting of a quite negative post, after writing that I try to be positive).

I've contributed to this board (mothership too) since 2009, I have donated money to help out this board as much as I possibly (so have many of you, I know) can, so I don't want to see it continue to be the depress-fest that it has become; I know that even if we win next week, people will still take the piss out of the team, but whatever; I can only do what I can do.

So, any takers? Let's get a bit exciting for once this year, instead of being angry and gloomy.

Great post, but bad idea.  You are essentially firing yourself for other's behaviours.  Don't make that bet...I don't want to see you and others go.  Maybe a better suggestion is a VENT sticky where people can rail on the Brown family, Dalton, etc.  And the rest of JN is supposed to be for ideas, player analysis, and game reviews.  There should always be the ability to rail on the refs, because they do seem dead-set against this team for whatever reason.
(10-18-2019, 10:34 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Great post, but bad idea.  You are essentially firing yourself for other's behaviours.  Don't make that bet...I don't want to see you and others go.  Maybe a better suggestion is a VENT sticky where people can rail on the Brown family, Dalton, etc.  And the rest of JN is supposed to be for ideas, player analysis, and game reviews.  There should always be the ability to rail on the refs, because they do seem dead-set against this team for whatever reason.

That's a decent idea. Basically curated Threads.

'All things Mike Brown'
(10-17-2019, 11:36 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: PDub is a warrior and he's already of the mindset that the game Sunday is for all the marbles. I doubt he can mentally shift gears and call it off.

(10-18-2019, 02:44 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: PDub is like Tom Brady in the 4th quarter of a playoff game with the score tied.  His mind is on one thing and one thing only , winning.   Ain’t no stopping the PDub train !!!

While you guys are getting a room let me post what Pdub actually said.

(10-15-2019, 09:48 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Ok, look, let's get real here. Pull up a seat because I'm about to life coach the hell out of some of you people....

As far as the emotional stuff you guys get into, let me give some Bengals fans a happy life pro tip: Never let another man's successes or failures get you too high or too low. Focus on your own, controllable life and find your personal happiness within that framework. Any and everything else outside of your personal sphere of influence should be 2ndary to your actual happiness. The Bengals winning or losing shouldn't move your emotional meter one way or the other. 
(10-17-2019, 02:18 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I'm going to be very disappointed if Truck and Pdub aren't in the gameday thread for this game.

I hope, for Truck's sake, Andy feels confident that his hair is pretty on Sunday so he can concentrate on reviewing the tablet coverage of his last 3 and out rather than nervously coiffing his safety hair hair like the nickle dick pissant he is.

And there you have it... Facepalm
Ever since Andy did that thing to his hair and tried to be hip he’s been hot garbage.
(10-18-2019, 01:11 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Ever since Andy did that thing to his hair and tried to be hip he’s been hot garbage.

This isn't an Andy thread.  We have a place for posts like this.  Nice insight though.
(10-18-2019, 10:34 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Great post, but bad idea.  You are essentially firing yourself for other's behaviours.  Don't make that bet...I don't want to see you and others go.  

Good point.  :andy:

(10-18-2019, 10:34 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Great post, but bad idea.  You are essentially firing yourself for other's behaviours.  Don't make that bet...I don't want to see you and others go.  Maybe a better suggestion is a VENT sticky where people can rail on the Brown family, Dalton, etc.  And the rest of JN is supposed to be for ideas, player analysis, and game reviews.  There should always be the ability to rail on the refs, because they do seem dead-set against this team for whatever reason.

ThumbsUp
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
(10-17-2019, 11:36 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: PDub is a warrior and he's already of the mindset that the game Sunday is for all the marbles. I doubt he can mentally shift gears and call it off.

I've been in the zone since I first accepted the bet. Lots of energy and focus directed towards the game. I'm even growing out my facial hair so I can shave it into a "Minshew" for game day. That's right, fellas... watch your ladies this Sunday. Keep them close around lot A because, if not, you might find them walking out from a port-a-john a little wobbly legged after I sneak a quick deuce. This Minshew is coming in HOT!!!

(10-17-2019, 02:35 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Warrior...on a message board?? Message board marbles? Warrior marbles??? Message board warrior marbles??? 

So, I would like to up the ante..... The loser of this bet gets perma banned immediately once the clock hits zero. That way, there is NO chance of a sneak back or farewell post.

I would LOVE it if there was a ban sticker that said "Loser" or "Lost" or something. That way, all of whomever loses posts will be forever marked in shame!

(10-17-2019, 03:05 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Is that your alt or something? You sure are jacking him up and talking for him a lot.

Not me. And, for the record, you spelled "OFF" wrong.

I appreciate the support, boys,

I've prepared my body. It is ready for whatever may come. I've also been listening to "The End" by The Doors on loop all week during my morning shower. It's Apocalypse Now time!!!!
(10-18-2019, 10:06 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I've been in the zone since I first accepted the bet. Lots of energy and focus directed towards the game. I'm even growing out my facial hair so I can shave it into a "Minshew" for game day. That's right, fellas... watch your ladies this Sunday. Keep them close around lot A because, if not, you might find them walking out from a port-a-john a little wobbly legged after I sneak a quick deuce. This Minshew is coming in HOT!!!

So, I would like to up the ante..... The loser of this bet gets perma banned immediately once the clock hits zero. That way, there is NO chance of a sneak back or farewell post.

I would LOVE it if there was a ban sticker that said "Loser" or "Lost" or something. That way, all of whomever loses posts will be forever marked in shame!

Not me. And, for the record, you spelled "OFF" wrong.

I appreciate the support, boys,

I've prepared my body. It is ready for whatever may come. I've also been listening to "The End" by The Doors on loop all week during my morning shower. It's Apocalypse Now time!!!!

Are you for real?
Me arriving at the tailgate this morning....

https://youtu.be/CIrvSJwwJUE

Today is the day. My body has been scrubbed clean in preparation for whatever fate lies ahead in the after board life. I will accept any and all consequences of defeat. Should this be my last message forever, just know that I love you all and have enjoyed my time here. "No regerts"! WHODEY!!!!
(10-20-2019, 10:44 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Me arriving at the tailgate this morning....

https://youtu.be/CIrvSJwwJUE

Today is the day. My body has been scrubbed clean in preparation for whatever fate lies ahead in the after board life. I will accept any and all consequences of defeat. Should this be my last message forever, just know that I love you all and have enjoyed my time here. "No regerts"! WHODEY!!!!

May the force be with you PDub!