Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
A Proposal
(10-15-2019, 09:48 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Ok, look, let's get real here. Pull up a seat because I'm about to life coach the hell out of some of you people....

As far as the emotional stuff you guys get into, let me give some Bengals fans a happy life pro tip: Never let another man's successes or failures get you too high or too low. Focus on your own, controllable life and find your personal happiness within that framework. Any and everything else outside of your personal sphere of influence should be 2ndary to your actual happiness. The Bengals winning or losing shouldn't move your emotional meter one way or the other.

What do you, I, or we as fans truly get if the Bengals win the Superbowl? What? Absolutely NOTHING. If that makes you proud, it's false pride because we, as spectators, did and take from it absolutely NO personal gain. Watching something happen is not the same as doing or accomplishing.

Besides that, a week after the Superbowl people have forgotten and are on their way to looking at the draft. Yes, even fans of the winning team.

To look at it any other way is to lack emotional intelligence. I love the Bengals, yes. But, if they lose I will live and not be any less happy in my life. How anyone else can have misery or be honestly negatively hurt by the Bengals and their players misfortunes is nutty to me. I have club season tickets and still enjoy going down to the games, win or lose.

Let's all keep a real life outlook on what the Bengals success or failures actually mean to our personal lives: NADA. Watching sports should be a fun experience regardless of the outcome. Well, unless you're losing money on them. In which case... get turbo pissed. I would understand at that point. Lol

Its funny; this is something I have prescribed to since I turned about 17 or so (Eric Hinske got traded from the Jays to the Red Sux; my idol to my third least-favourite and hated team).

I realised at that point in my life, that I truly have 0 control over any sports or teams or anything that I enjoy and that I should just sit back and let things take their course; it is what it is.

(the below, not directed at pdub)

Since then, while I get disheartened here and there, nothing truly gets me down anymore and I get over it VERY quickly; people have said it here and people say to me all the time in everyday life: "how can you stay so positive all the time?" (my wife, mainly, as she is going through things for the first time with me, but while I learned and experienced my parents going through these things, she has NEVER been exposed to these experiences prior to this). Hell, the last time things were truly grim, was the first (and only, thankfully) time I couldn't afford the rent in 2016 and many on here were super supportive and helpful (Shake, Wildcats, etc.). It just so happened that everything was getting toxic here around that time too (not like it is now) and I needed some time away to improve on my mindset and outlook.

Now, I've grown a thicker skin since that time, towards any negativity either in my life or in what I enjoy, as well. At this point however, I get absolutely 0 enjoyment out of this board, due to the toxicity of the environment here (not negativity; toxicity); I proposed this to try and weed out some of that (and the multitudes of shitposting that goes on) and try to get back the enjoyment I used to get.

If I used the, "ignore," feature like Mike/Harley suggested, then there would be about 25 people on it, the majority of them good posters.

I don't want to ignore half of the most active people, what's the point? Don't like ignoring people anyways lol Wink.

(10-15-2019, 11:27 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I love this word. 

Thankfully, it is a real word Big Grin... on the internet Wink

(10-15-2019, 11:28 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: The idiots will never understand that. I don't have the ability to write every post as if it's my first and repeat the same shit over and over and over.

I am amazed at how almost every thread in this forum somehow turns into a Dalton thread with the same morons parroting the same shit as if we're reading their opinions for the first time.

(claps)

See? That's not negative or, "realistic;" that's shitposting (which is being toxic).

We have an Andy forum for God's sake; take it there and expand upon it in the dedicated threads.

There, 1 solution solved.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
(10-16-2019, 08:03 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I deleted all the rest of that post for the sake of space.  So what's it called when you realize there's a shit ton of things wrong with this team, but you still choose to be a fan, and not continually post negative crap?

That's when you reach FANFAIRY status.  Jerry
This thread gave me leprosy.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

(10-15-2019, 07:47 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, stating that Mike Brown is a bad owner/GM is like someone having an ugly spouse. They are already painfully aware of that fact, so they don't really need the neighbors pointing it out on a daily basis.   Mellow

Thanks for the laugh today.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
(10-15-2019, 09:31 PM)PDub80 Wrote: The rushing stats are because the offense can't hardly get a lead, Fred. Certainly not a lead big enough to force the other team to be as one dimensional as the Bengals on offense. 

Scouting by a box score.... #itshowmikebrowndoesit

Try watching the games.

You have to be kidding.

If you think the Bengals defense has been good early in the game then YOU are the one that needs to watch the games.

For example did you see the Bengals take a 7-0 lead Sunday and then the Ravens rush 5 times for 71 yards and a TD on their first drive?  In fact the first three times they had the ball they gained 75, 80, and 57 yards.  We allowed 324 yards in the first half alone including 135 rushing yards on 18 carries.

The Cardinal game was also close in the first half (13-6), but the defense allowed FOUR drives of at least 9 plays and 60 yards including 148 rushing yards on 23 carries in the first half alone.

But I guess all of that is somehow Andy's fault, right?
(10-16-2019, 08:48 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, some of the responses I saw you make over Mixon’s comments were exactly that, let me tell you...

That wasn't directed at you or anyone in particular, but I appreciate your feedback. Maybe I'll tale it easy on Mr. 1 Yard and a Cloud of Dust, and his social media rants.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(10-16-2019, 06:57 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Wow, a "fanboy"?  Just curious, what constitutes being a "fanboy"?

Anyone who uses an iPhone or carries a Glock.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(10-16-2019, 01:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You have to be kidding.

If you think the Bengals defense has been good early in the game then YOU are the one that needs to watch the games.

For example did you see the Bengals take a 7-0 lead Sunday and then the Ravens rush 5 times for 71 yards and a TD on their first drive?  In fact the first three times they had the ball they gained 75, 80, and 57 yards.  We allowed 324 yards in the first half alone including 135 rushing yards on 18 carries.

The Cardinal game was also close in the first half (13-6), but the defense allowed FOUR drives of at least 9 plays and 60 yards including 148 rushing yards on 23 carries in the first half alone.

But I guess all of that is somehow Andy's fault, right?
The defense has struggled but you would have to admit the offense going three and out time and time again surely hasn't done them any favors. 
(10-16-2019, 06:52 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The defense has struggled but you would have to admit the offense going three and out time and time again surely hasn't done them any favors. 

Bengals defense has actually allowed a lot fewer points in the second half than in the first.

They are not "wearing down".  They stink from the opening whistle.

Anyone who claims they had done a good job just does not have a clue.
(10-14-2019, 10:00 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Let's be honest here. I'm Kirk AF and this music's been playing through my head all day. My body is ready.

https://youtu.be/s0bClUp9I6w

lol. All time classic that will never get old. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(10-16-2019, 09:21 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Getting back to the topic of this thread.  I have a proposal myself.  I propose that Truck and Pdub shake hands and call off this bet.  And I also propose that we all, and I mean myself as well, work harder to try and get along through this mess.  Otherwise I fear this board is going to become like the old Mothership.

I just signed the petition. 

(10-17-2019, 12:16 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I just signed the petition. 

I guess no one else has an opinion on this.  I was hoping we could work this out.  Oh well, I guess we are just going to keep arguing and taking pot shots at eachother?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
PDub is a warrior and he's already of the mindset that the game Sunday is for all the marbles. I doubt he can mentally shift gears and call it off.
I'm going to be very disappointed if Truck and Pdub aren't in the gameday thread for this game.

I hope, for Truck's sake, Andy feels confident that his hair is pretty on Sunday so he can concentrate on reviewing the tablet coverage of his last 3 and out rather than nervously coiffing his safety hair hair like the nickle dick pissant he is.
(10-17-2019, 11:36 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: PDub is a warrior and he's already of the mindset that the game Sunday is for all the marbles. I doubt he can mentally shift gears and call it off.

Warrior...on a message board?? Message board marbles? Warrior marbles??? Message board warrior marbles??? 

[Image: giphy.gif]
(10-17-2019, 02:18 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I'm going to be very disappointed if Truck and Pdub aren't in the gameday thread for this game.

I hope, for Truck's sake, Andy feels confident that his hair is pretty on Sunday so he can concentrate on reviewing the tablet coverage of his last 3 and out rather than nervously coiffing his safety hair hair like the nickle dick pissant he is.

Thanks for proving my point about toxicity and crap.

I don't use technology while a game is on, so I'm not going anywhere near the thread.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
(10-17-2019, 11:36 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: PDub is a warrior and he's already of the mindset that the game Sunday is for all the marbles. I doubt he can mentally shift gears and call it off.

Is that your alt or something? You sure are jacking him up and talking for him a lot.

(10-17-2019, 02:47 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Thanks for proving my point about toxicity and crap.

I don't use technology while a game is on, so I'm not going anywhere near the thread.

yes.  i unknowingly wrote a disparaging comment about dalton in a thread where people are complaining about complaining about dalton.  pure synchronicity.  

i wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
Main thing is never let them see you sweat!!
(10-17-2019, 11:36 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: PDub is a warrior and he's already of the mindset that the game Sunday is for all the marbles. I doubt he can mentally shift gears and call it off.

PDub is like Tom Brady in the 4th quarter of a playoff game with the score tied. His mind is on one thing and one thing only , winning. Ain’t no stopping the PDub train !!!