Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
A SCOTUS Opening
(09-21-2020, 05:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hey, I said you made no mistake, just showed your ignorance in the difference in cultures.

I don't see any difference in cultures regarding how trustworthy a judge is.

Care to explain why Trump would trust a Cuban but not a Mexican?  

And in the future if you are just talking about Cubans please don't confuse everyone by using the term Hispanic.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 05:34 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I thought Republicans did not like Identity Politics  Ninja

I think they like whatever helps them get elected.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 05:39 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I think they like whatever helps them get elected.  ThumbsUp

I wish Democrats liked getting elected XD
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 03:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I fully expect the population that gave Brad a hard time about his "Is Biden a Mexican" thread to soon chime in and chastise Fred in similar fashion.

No I don't

You mean the people you called children engaged in a circle jerk?  Can you really you really accuse others of childish behavior while calling them children engaged in a circle jerk?  How does that work, really?

bfine: "You guys are so immature!"

audience: "How immature are they?"

bfine:  "You guys are so immature you're like minors involved in a consensual, homosexual group sex act."
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 05:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't see any difference in cultures regarding how trustworthy a judge is.

Care to explain why Trump would trust a Cuban but not a Mexican?

If I can put on my think like a racist hat for a moment I believe his problem with the Mexican judge was Trump's desire to "build that wall" and thus a "Mexican" judge could not be impartial towards him.

Quote:And in the future if you are just talking about Cubans please don't confuse everyone by using the term Hispanic.

I am sorry, I didn't know that the fact that there are numerous countries containing Hispanic populations was so confusing to you.
Reply/Quote
Perhaps we should heed the words from the woman herself:

Quote:"The president is elected for four years not three years, so the power he has in year three continues into year four."

“Maybe members of the Senate will wake up and appreciate that that’s how it should be,"
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 05:57 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: If I can put on my think like a racist hat for a moment I believe his problem with the Mexican judge was Trump's desire to "build that wall" and thus a "Mexican" judge could not be impartial towards him.

Correct.  You have to think like a racist to understand Trump position.

(09-21-2020, 05:57 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I am sorry, I didn't know that the fact that there are numerous countries containing Hispanic populations was so confusing to you.

I am not confused at all. Apparently you are. You were the one who used the term "Hispanic" and then claimed I made a mistake when I said a Mexican judge was Hispanic.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 06:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Perhaps we should heed the words from the woman herself:

Perhaps you should explain who she was lecturing when she said that.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 06:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not confused at all. Apparently you are. You were the one who used the term "Hispanic" and then claimed I made a mistake when I said a Mexican judge was Hispanic.

No, that's not how the conversation went and anyone can look back and see so.  But I'm 99% sure you're trolling now and this long passed the point of boring so I'mma head on out.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 04:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: IMO Biden is in a lose, lose. Trump cannot be accused of hypocrisy in this matter. The worst thing he can do is exactly what Obama did: Nominate a candidate.

Yeah, Trump can be accused of hypocrisy.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/obama-supreme-court-nomination/donald-trump-rejects-garland-nomination/

Quote:“I think the next president should make the pick, and I think they shouldn’t go forward, and I believe I’m pretty much in line with what the Republicans are saying,” Mr. Trump told CNN on Wednesday morning.

He is on the record as being in line with McConnell on this.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 06:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Perhaps we should heed the words from the woman herself:

If McConnell had heeded her in 2016 then we wouldn't be having this discussion about his blatant hypocrisy  in 2020.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 05:34 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I thought Republicans did not like Identity Politics  Ninja

Depends on the politics--and the identity.
Reply/Quote

Sure, we should heed them now, not when Obama was president.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 07:32 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: If McConnell had heeded her in 2016 then we wouldn't be having this discussion about his blatant hypocrisy  in 2020.

Actually it was Reid and RBG that screwed the Dems and put them in this position.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 05:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: True. But couldn't another issue be a candidate for POTUS using a double standard on the matter-with the support of his party?

Not till you explain how.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 07:42 PM)Dill Wrote: Sure, we should heed them now, not when Obama was president.

That's because Obama was born in Kenya.  Obviously.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 07:42 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Actually it was Reid and RBG that screwed the Dems and put them in this position.

BS.  Neither had anything to do with McConnell's actions in 2016. Or his hypocrisy in 2020.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 06:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Perhaps you should explain who she was lecturing when she said that.

She was talking to law students at Georgetown University on Sept. 7, 2016.

What is there to explain? 

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 07:42 PM)Dill Wrote: Sure, we should heed them now, not when Obama was president.

Hell I thought we should have heeded them in 2016 and I think we should heed them now.

How about you?

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 07:43 PM)Dill Wrote: Not till you explain how.

I'm being sincere here.

Do you really need that explained?

Reply/Quote