Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Shout Out to P&R'ers
There are plenty of times in here when people have given me something to consider on an issue in a way I had not looked at it before. I feel I am fairly open minded, and I always like to learn new things. I also feel I do a good job of keeping emotions out of my decision making process. So I like this forum as an information assessing platform. My personal opinion is that logic, common sense and evidence should trump emotion in nearly every decision making instance. So if someone makes a good, logical point that is diametrically opposed to my position, it almost always gives me pause to consider that view further. I like that. I feel it expands my, and by proximity, other's views. I also hope that by making my points logically that I can help others consider things in a way they had not thought of before.
(11-23-2016, 11:33 AM)Beaker Wrote: There are plenty of times in here when people have given me something to consider on an issue in a way I had not looked at it before. I feel I am fairly open minded, and I always like to learn new things. I also feel I do a good job of keeping emotions out of my decision making process. So I like this forum as an information assessing platform. My personal opinion is that logic, common sense and evidence should trump emotion in nearly every decision making instance. So if someone makes a good, logical point that is diametrically opposed to my position, it almost always gives me pause to consider that view further. I like that. I feel it expands my, and by proximity, other's views. I also hope that by making my points logically that I can help others consider things in a way they had not thought of before.

Well said. I agree. :andy:
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(11-23-2016, 11:33 AM)Beaker Wrote: There are plenty of times in here when people have given me something to consider on an issue in a way I had not looked at it before. I feel I am fairly open minded, and I always like to learn new things. I also feel I do a good job of keeping emotions out of my decision making process. So I like this forum as an information assessing platform. My personal opinion is that logic, common sense and evidence should trump emotion in nearly every decision making instance. So if someone makes a good, logical point that is diametrically opposed to my position, it almost always gives me pause to consider that view further. I like that. I feel it expands my, and by proximity, other's views. I also hope that by making my points logically that I can help others consider things in a way they had not thought of before.

I just come here to educate the rubes and embarrass the people who do not agree with me.
(11-23-2016, 11:56 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I just come here to educate the rubes and embarrass the people who do not agree with me.

I heard that about you. Ninja
(11-23-2016, 11:56 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I just come here to educate the rubes and embarrass the people who do not agree with me.

And I often come just to play chess with the pigeons
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I was actually thinking about this the other day. It may have been the same day this was posted even.

We have so many people in today's society that choose to live in a bubble. Whether it's a right wing, left wing or no wing bubble (Meaning they block out politics entirely.) the people here I assume understand the value of discussion and letting your opinions be heard and as long as that can be done in a respectful manner then that's a good thing. Too many people who are capable and intelligent people are afraid of voicing their opinions or even have one at all due to social backlash and that's a really sad thing to me and it hurts Democracy.

Whether we disagree or not I have a level of respect for all of you simply because of you are all willing to engage in the political process and have an opinion. We are not hiding from the worlds problems we are trying to find a way to fix it the best way we know how. We all want what is best for this country and we are all on the same team but I believe this left wing and right wing news concept is putting a wedge between the two sides and nullifying any real discussions which is producing more and more extreme opinions.
(11-22-2016, 12:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I enjoy coming in here and being the conservative. as in my circles I am the liberal one

You're the liberal? Who do you hang out with, the Amish?
(11-23-2016, 08:48 PM)Beaker Wrote: You're the liberal? Who do you hang out with, the Amish?

Deplorables. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-24-2016, 12:23 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Deplorables. 

Do you have like a basket or something?
(11-24-2016, 12:34 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Do you have like a basket or something?

[Image: c31e49e538e622b302e7d72523c710ae.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]