Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Sobering Thought
I just realized this morning that Mike Brown has been owner of the Bengals for more years than Paul Brown (if I do my math correctly, PB was owner for 23 years and MB is on his 27th year of ownership).

I don't even want to know the records and stuff, because I already know that PB's was better AND he has all the playoff wins in Bengal history.

Who knows? Maybe we'll get lucky, we'll go on a huge tear and make it all the way to the Super Bowl and MB will decide this offseason is the time to officially retire.

Yeah and maybe scallops'll fly outta me pants!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
We've won exactly 5 playoff games (in 3 seasons) over 50 years.

So Paul Brown would have only won a playoff game in 3 different seasons while he owned the team.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2017, 01:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We've won exactly 5 playoff games (in 3 seasons) over 50 years.

So Paul Brown would have only won a playoff game in 3 different seasons while he owned the team.

Pitiful. Let's hope the next 50 years of Bengal football are a complete 180 from our first half-century of shameful existence. 

Also, stat guys, what was the Pittsburgh Steelers record like during their first 50 years of existence?
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2017, 01:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We've won exactly 5 playoff games (in 3 seasons) over 50 years.

On a positive note, he went to the Superbowl 2/3 times he won at least 1 playoff game :|
Reply/Quote

Yeah, but he still did more in less time than his son. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2017, 01:35 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Pitiful. Let's hope the next 50 years of Bengal football are a complete 180 from our first half-century of shameful existence. 

Also, stat guys, what was the Pittsburgh Steelers record like during their first 50 years of existence?

They won 4 Super Bowls (1933-1982), first 40 years won nothing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote