Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Steal! Giants Trade for Star TE
Now this is a move I wish they'd be more willing to consider. He was 30 (but so is Hurst) and I'm not sure about his contract.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/14/raiders-trade-darren-waller-to-giants-for-a-third-round-pick/

Edit: He's due 11m I believe I am reading.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
They're going to go re-sign Foster M. Good move.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Is he a star? The dude started his career doing nothing. He then had two good years (2019 and 2020). He's only played 20 games the last two seasons. It's a gamble by the Giants he can recapture his two peak seasons.
Reply/Quote
Waller signed an extended deal with the Raiders in Sept of '22.

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter
Darren Waller’s agent Drew Rosenhaus - who worked with Robert Bailey on it - added about Darren Waller’s extension, “It is very rare for a 30-year old player with two years left on his contract to get a new deal.” Waller now tied to the Raiders for five years and $66.25 million.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 04:35 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Waller signed an extended deal with the Raiders in Sept of '22.  

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter
Darren Waller’s agent Drew Rosenhaus - who worked with Robert Bailey on it - added about Darren Waller’s extension, “It is very rare for a 30-year old player with two years left on his contract to get a new deal.”  Waller now tied to the Raiders for five years and $66.25 million.

Yea they did it without a big signing bonus too and used Roster and Workout Bonuses instead. That means a team that trades for him the cap doesn't really drop because those bonuses are still in his contract. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Too much money for an injury prone TE in my opinion...
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 04:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Too much money for an injury prone TE in my opinion...

Yes, he's only played 20 games the last two seasons.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 04:46 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Yes, he's only played 20 games the last two seasons.

And looked like a shell of his old self when he DID play...
Reply/Quote