Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Trump salute to veterans
I had forgotten about all of these Trumpisms until a friend mentioned them today:

Quote:It's a sad Veterans Day when our President elect dodged service to our country, called our POWs cowards for being caught, PTSD sufferers *****, agent orange victims fakes, badmouthing parents of fallen soldiers and equating his business "sacrifices" with that of soldiers. What a terrible dishonor to those who made the ultimate sacrifice. I mean no disrespect by pointing out the elephant.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(11-11-2016, 07:16 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I had forgotten about all of these Trumpisms until a friend mentioned them today:

Et tu, Brute?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-11-2016, 08:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Et tu, Brute?

Some of these comments on veterans really pissed me off.
(11-11-2016, 09:13 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Some of these comments on veterans really pissed me off.

I believe in Larry's parlance you are "butt hurt."  And you also have no right to feel anything except respect for the office of the president.   Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Let's hope he evolves.
(11-11-2016, 09:28 PM)GMDino Wrote: I believe in Larry's parlance you are "butt hurt."  And you also have no right to feel anything except respect for the office of the president.   Mellow

Also, using things Trump actually said to formulate an opinion about him isn't allowed. You can't take things he says seriously, unless it's something you agree with.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(11-11-2016, 09:28 PM)GMDino Wrote: I believe in Larry's parlance you are "butt hurt."  And you also have no right to feel anything except respect for the office of the president.   Mellow

(11-11-2016, 11:30 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Also, using things Trump actually said to formulate an opinion about him isn't allowed. You can't take things he says seriously, unless it's something you agree with.

Sorry, guys. I should know better than to question der Fuhrer. Ninja
One of my favorites is he received more military training at a boarding school than many in the military.
(11-11-2016, 11:30 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Also, using things Trump actually said to formulate an opinion about him isn't allowed. You can't take things he says seriously, unless it's something you agree with.

Remember:  A lot of his supporters really liked him because he "speaks his mind!"  

Except when he doesn't mean it.

"Sarcasm!"

Smirk
(11-11-2016, 09:13 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Some of these comments on veterans really pissed me off.

Sure they do; as they do me. The worst being his comments on John McCain, IMO. He has also said and done a lot of positive things for veterans and has made promises to do more for them than has been done in quite some time. I suppose it comes down to which comments one chooses to focus on. 

I get focusing on the negative is the en vogue thing to do both Nationwide and in this forum. I think there is one pro-Trump thread in the forum and countless negative. I just found it surprising to see the latest person join the lynch mob. You might want to relook your sig.

Why is it that when Trump says what he says he is speaking his mind, but when Zona repeats what Trump said bfine suggests it is ugly?

Please tell me the lots of positive things Trump has done for veterans?
(11-12-2016, 10:38 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure they do; as they do me. The worst being his comments on John McCain, IMO. He has also said and done a lot of positive things for veterans and has made promises to do more for them than has been done in quite some time. I suppose it comes down to which comments one chooses to focus on. 

I get focusing on the negative is the en vogue thing to do both Nationwide and in this forum. I think there is one pro-Trump thread in the forum and countless negative. I just found it surprising to see the latest person join the lynch mob. You might want to relook your sig.

I'd suggest that most here have simply posted what your candidate actually said.  There are videos and audio.

If you say you don't like soldiers who get caught and than makes them "losers"...don't you mean it?  When you say you know more than the generals about the war, or that you always felt you had military experience because you went to a military school...don't you mean it?

So far he has said bad things about individuals who served and nice things about what he will do for veterans in general.  Until he does those things (or at least tries) all we have are his words so far.
(11-12-2016, 11:49 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Why is it that when Trump says what he says he is speaking his mind, but when Zona repeats what Trump said bfine suggests it is ugly?

Please tell me the lots of positive things Trump has done for veterans?

I have already stated that Trump's comments were in bad taste (although the Gold Star family struck first) and the comments about McCain were terrible. 

Trump has held a fund raiser for Veterans and has promised to address the biggest issue facing vets (The VA and mental health). 

I just found it ironic that someone with a sig saying he is tired of all the hate, throws a little fuel on the fire.

(11-12-2016, 12:21 PM)GMDino Wrote: So far he has said bad things about individuals who served and nice things about what he will do for veterans in general.  Until he does those things (or at least tries) all we have are his words so far.

Are you ralking about the good things or bad things; as I have only seen words on both? Like I said folks are free to focus on what they choose. 

(11-12-2016, 01:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have already stated that Trump's comments were in bad taste (although the Gold Star family struck first) and the comments about McCain were terrible. 

Trump has held a fund raiser for Veterans and has promised to address the biggest issue facing vets (The VA and mental health). 

I just found it ironic that someone with a sig saying he is tired of all the hate, throws a little fuel on the fire.

You should do some research on the fundraiser. 
(11-12-2016, 01:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Are you ralking about the good things or bad things; as I have only seen words on both? Like I said folks are free to focus on what they choose. 

I am saying that as of today he has said bad things about specific veterans that were uncalled for and wrong.  And claimed to have better military knowledge than the people who di t for a living.

And he has said he WILL do things for veterans that he hasn't had a chance to yet so we will see what he does and hope he follows through.

But repeating the bad things he has said isn't focusing on it...its simply saying it happened and he hasn't done anything yet to show he will change that tone.
(11-12-2016, 01:24 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You should do some research on the fundraiser. 

If he raised anything anything; it's a positive. 

The stuff with John McCain was typical Trump shit talking. He's a man who has had no need of a filter most, if not all, of his life and he says whatever he thinks will denigrate his opponent the most. Point being, he's attacking the person, not veterans as a whole. Don't confuse my pointing this out as excusing these comments, there is no excuse for them. Lastly, in regards to the Khan family. You can't use their son's death for political gain, which is exactly why they were on stage at the DNC, and then claim immunity from counterattack. Trump's response was in poor taste but using them for political gain isn't much better.
(11-12-2016, 10:38 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure they do; as they do me. The worst being his comments on John McCain, IMO. He has also said and done a lot of positive things for veterans and has made promises to do more for them than has been done in quite some time. I suppose it comes down to which comments one chooses to focus on. 

Me: "Some of these comments on veterans really pissed me off."

You: "Sure they do; as they do me."

So, you do acknowledge that the negative exists and that negative pisses you off as well. But someone pointing out the negative comments (which were actually made) is not the same as saying that the person making them is 'Satan spawn from the depths of Hell". The 'ugliness of man' is someone making the untrue comments in the first place. And, no, I am not inclined to ignore them in lieu of other things that he has said or done for political convenience. These words from an elected official were untrue, caused pain and hurt, and were cheered by thousands of people. I'd like to see some further contrition from President-elect Trump.
(11-12-2016, 02:13 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The stuff with John McCain was typical Trump shit talking.  He's a man who has had no need of a filter most, if not all, of his life and he says whatever he thinks will denigrate his opponent the most.  Point being, he's attacking the person, not veterans as a whole.  Don't confuse my pointing this out as excusing these comments, there is no excuse for them.  Lastly, in regards to the Khan family.  You can't use their son's death for political gain, which is exactly why they were on stage at the DNC, and then claim immunity from counterattack.  Trump's response was in poor taste but using them for political gain isn't much better.

I understand the context that he made these comments and that they weren't intended to be sweeping commentary on all veterans. But they were heard by thousands of people, many of whom cheered them. And no doubt some of those people believed they were applicable to all veterans. Therefore, he is accountable and, whether he intended to or not, he is spreading hate.

This man is now president. He is held to a higher standard of accountability.