Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best O-line class in history?
From a physical freak's standpoint and guys with huge potential based on tape, this may the best offensive line draft class in history.  

With that said How much do you wanna bet that the Bengals don't draft a single offensive lineman in maybe the greatest class ever?  

On a side note who is a little-known prospect that you really like at the senior bowl this week that you are keeping an eye on?  Mine is Ben Cleveland right now because holy shit those measurements are ridiculous.

Ben Cleveland
6'6"
345lbs
79 inch wingspan
33" arms
almost 10-inch hands

Just look how this guy carries near 350lbs

[Image: cleveland.jpg]

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 12:59 PM)Okeana Wrote: From a physical freak's standpoint and guys with huge potential based on tape, this may the best offensive line draft class in history.  

With that said How much do you wanna bet that the Bengals don't draft a single offensive lineman in maybe the greatest class ever?

On a side note who is a little-known prospect that you really like at the senior bowl this week that you are keeping an eye on?  Mine is Ben Cleveland right now because holy shit those measurements are ridiculous.

Ben Cleveland
6'6"
345lbs
79 inch wingspan
33" arms
almost 10-inch hands

Just look how this guy carries near 350lbs

[Image: cleveland.jpg]

I would take that bet (that they do I mean).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
This is a note from Tuesday's Senior Bowl Day 1 practice.

Quote:The stalwart Georgia offensive lineman got worked backward a little more than expected early on. He had a few nice reps with his power, but his athletic limitations were also made apparent. Unfortunately, Cleveland left practice after suffering an apparent leg injury.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2021-senior-bowl-practice-report-american-team/
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 01:06 PM)Synric Wrote: This is a note from Tuesday's Senior Bowl Day 1 practice.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2021-senior-bowl-practice-report-american-team/

that is one thing of concern is his injury history, dude may be so yoked up on roids that his frame and tendons never adjusted

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 01:06 PM)Synric Wrote: This is a note from Tuesday's Senior Bowl Day 1 practice.

That's what I took away from Cleveland too.
He's a vertical power guy who doesn't have a lot of lateral mobility.
He may not fit well with a wide zone blocking scheme if that's what Pollack ends up wanting to run.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 01:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That's what I took away from Cleveland too.
He's a vertical power guy who doesn't have a lot of lateral mobility.
He may not fit well with a wide zone blocking scheme if that's what Pollack ends up wanting to run.

yeah, I view him as a round 4/5 guy.  He didn't get as much field time for a senior, but he obviously has the physical traits.  I really wish Walker Little wouldn't have opted out of the senior bowl because that's another guy I feel needed the screen time.

Reply/Quote
I have a feeling either or both Cleveland or Deontae Brown will end up in the AFC North as a Steeler or Raven.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
A lot of people thought Orlando Brown Jr's career was practically finished after his combine performance.
Reply/Quote
I'll throw a name out there.

LANDON DICKERSON

Yes, he's a center, but we don't know the full extent of Trey Hopkins' injury. I think we need a solid Plan B at that position. Maybe Trey can shift to guard? Dickerson is a possible upgrade there, even if Hopkins is healthy.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 01:32 PM)Goalpost Wrote: A lot of people thought Orlando Brown Jr's career was practically finished after his combine performance.

Per Drew Boylhart of the Huddle Report.   Sounds like a guy we'd like to have.

Landon Dickerson OC/OL Alabama

by Drew Boylhart • January 21, 2021

STRENGTHS

Landon is a quality football player who can play any one of the interior line positions and possibly even the tackle position, in certain situations. That being said, his impact position is at center. He is stout against the bull rush with quick feet to go out to the second level and make his blocks. Landon possesses just enough lateral agility and quickness to stop those pesky one gap attack defensive tackles. Add to that, his excellent overall strength and leverage to control his opponent at the line of scrimmage and you have a top offensive lineman who can play multiple positions on the offensive line. Landon has the athletic talent to be used on sweeps, screens, and as a pulling center or guard inside the hash marks or outside the hash marks. He has excellent leadership skills and his enthusiasm is infectious. He reminds me a lot of the Cowboys Zack Martin.

CONCERNS

As with most offensive lineman, injury history will be the biggest concern for most teams but in this case, although he has some injures I don’t believe there is anything that might turn any team off to selecting him early in this draft.

BOTTOM LINE 1.41

My three skill positions on offense are QB, LT, OC, in that order. I wouldn’t hesitate to take potentially great players at those three positions in the top ten of any draft. Others, value the WR and RB positions along with the QB position but for me, if you don’t have excellent players at the QB, LT, OC position you will not have a good offense or be able to build an offense. I also value players who can play multiple positions in multiple styles of systems. Landon can play multiple positions on your offensive line with the athletic talent, leadership, and character that every team needs to be successful. Zack Martin was the 16th pick of the 1st round of the 2014 draft. In that draft, I told you Zack has top ten talent. In this draft, I’m telling you Landon has top ten talent. Now I know, teams selecting in the first round might not value the offensive center position as high as I do but, as I stated before if you don’t have excellent talent at the QB, LT, OC positions (IMO) you haven’t got a chance in hell of reaching the playoffs. Now I know, some of you are thinking that you can get a great offensive center in free agency. But the truth is, you don’t find excellent players at those three positions in free agency very often. They may fall in your lap out of dumb luck because of cap situations but it’s not very likely. So, selecting them early in the draft seems like a no brainer to me.
Reply/Quote