Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A. Whitworth prepared to leave Bengals for Super Bowl contender
(02-22-2017, 09:59 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: We can hope all we want brother, but unfortunately, I don't think much (if anything) gets through to those stubborn imbeciles in the FO. Maybe, we'll see.  Palmer's departure changed a few things....but not a whole lot.  Piano Man is here until he decides to leave, regardless of HC.....and that's just absurd.  That's a HUGE problem here.

I agree. We have a very incompetent FO.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 10:02 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I agree. We have a very incompetent FO.

There just seems to be no accountability here.....and you know the players see this.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 01:39 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/nfl-free-agency-2017-andrew-whitworth-rumors-cincinnati-bengals-offensive-line/hn0fr259joaw1mu6wim6nwqyq?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

[Image: 04a7cc0c6176ac4bb1a6232c83122802acbb00cf...7d2a61.jpg]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I'm confused... I clicked the link and read the article and saw this “I love Cincinnati and want to be there,” Whitworth told co-host Solomon Wilcots and me Monday on SiriusXM NFL Radio. “I’m pretty positive things will work out in a way that I’ll be there in the end."

Yes, he talks about listening to other offers, but it seems pretty clear he wants to be here, and this is more a message to the Bengals FO to get their act together or he won't be back.

“I want to see what (Bengals management) is trying to do. Are we keeping Kevin Zietler or Dre Kirkpatrick? There are other guys on the roster who are going to be free and what we’re thinking [about doing] in the draft, that’s important. When you’re a veteran, you realize how important all those pieces are and the commitment to all that. We’re close and I hope we can make some moves to solidify ourselves.”

Actually, a pretty badass statement from a team leader.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I basically compare this to the Pacman interviews from last year. Remember Pacman talking about loving Cincy, but he wanted to go where he felt the most wanted? It's most likely just a negotiating ploy. Whit is an extremely smart business man. He knows this is his last "big" deal and has a chance at #1 LT money from the Bengals.

Would he take a lower offer and go to a contender? Possibly. I wouldn't blame him at all. The guy has been all class since he got here in 2006. He definitely deserves to ride off into the sunset with a ring. If Zeitler decided to go elsewhere, no issue there. The guy has a chance to get a DeCastro like deal on the market. Plus, from everything we've heard in the media, there seems to be no desire to get him back. Everyone has just written him off as gone.

If we lose 2 of the big 3 free agents this year, I won't blame anyone asking for a trade and/or not signing an extension.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 05:19 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I basically compare this to the Pacman interviews from last year. Remember Pacman talking about loving Cincy, but he wanted to go where he felt the most wanted? It's most likely just a negotiating ploy. Whit is an extremely smart business man. He knows this is his last "big" deal and has a chance at #1 LT money from the Bengals.

Would he take a lower offer and go to a contender? Possibly. I wouldn't blame him at all. The guy has been all class since he got here in 2006. He definitely deserves to ride off into the sunset with a ring. If Zeitler decided to go elsewhere, no issue there. The guy has a chance to get a DeCastro like deal on the market. Plus, from everything we've heard in the media, there seems to be no desire to get him back. Everyone has just written him off as gone.

If we lose 2 of the big 3 free agents this year, I won't blame anyone asking for a trade and/or not signing an extension.

I could see losing Zeitler as being the reason we lose Whit and I'd love for him to tell the FO that. Basically, sign him or you won't get either. The guy has the ability to make that sort of statement like Palmer did, basically a make the right moves or I'm out. Difference here is that Whit doesn't have to retire, he can just walk away and play for any of the other teams that will want him, and that list is going to be long.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 04:02 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I'm confused... I clicked the link and read the article and saw this “I love Cincinnati and want to be there,” Whitworth told co-host Solomon Wilcots and me Monday on SiriusXM NFL Radio. “I’m pretty positive things will work out in a way that I’ll be there in the end."

Yes, he talks about listening to other offers, but it seems pretty clear he wants to be here, and this is more a message to the Bengals FO to get their act together or he won't be back.

“I want to see what (Bengals management) is trying to do. Are we keeping Kevin Zietler or Dre Kirkpatrick? There are other guys on the roster who are going to be free and what we’re thinking [about doing] in the draft, that’s important. When you’re a veteran, you realize how important all those pieces are and the commitment to all that. We’re close and I hope we can make some moves to solidify ourselves.”

Actually, a pretty badass statement from a team leader.

Damn rights, and i bet he would be a fine coach for us after he retires. Keep him here.

Whit just needs to be reassured man. It would not be hard to do. Tell him we are going after players to fill our
weaknesses from last year, we are hiring a new O-line coach, bringing in a solid Guard and a Center to solidify the
OL so Dalton can get the ball to our weapons. We are bringing back Burkhead and going to running the ball to open
up the pass etc.

We are going for it all, right frickin' now and we want you to retire a Bengal Whit, pay the man.
Reply/Quote
http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/2/23/14715098/broncos-russell-okung-paving-way-run-andrew-whitworth-bengals

Like I have said, a genuine NFL team knows what they need and finds a way to get the money to get what they need.

Denver will get Whit and Romo and be back in the AFC championship game.

Bengals will have Bodine and Peko and a couple of washed up free agents, rookies who wont play, and a 6-9 record including two losses to the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
If they let both Whitworth and Zeitler go and leave our O line completely depleted, I admit I'm going to have trouble getting past that as a fan. If that happens, in my heart of hearts, I'll finally know that Mike Brown will never let us win a Super Bowl because he isn't willing to do what it takes to get there. I mean, I know it already, but this will seal the deal. He's been the Lucy to my Charlie Brown long enough.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 10:29 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: If they let both Whitworth and Zeitler go and leave our O line completely depleted, I admit I'm going to have trouble getting past that as a fan.  If that happens, in my heart of hearts, I'll finally know that Mike Brown will never let us win a Super Bowl because he isn't willing to do what it takes to get there.  I mean, I know it already, but this will seal the deal.  He's been the Lucy to my Charlie Brown long enough.

Yeah, we are at a major crossroad aren't we Bonnie.

The simpleton way of the past won't cut it this time if we let our good players from our weak O-line go.

We need to be building on the strength, not the weakness.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2017, 02:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, we are at a major crossroad aren't we Bonnie.

The simpleton way of the past won't cut it this time if we let our good players from our weak O-line go.

We need to be building on the strength, not the weakness.

The sad thing is I think Brown's letting many of the vets go when they command big money because, in my opinion, he wants rookies because rookies are cheaper now than they used to be, and then Lewis won't play the rookies until they're almost ready for a new contract.  
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2017, 08:01 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: The sad thing is I think Brown's letting many of the vets go when they command big money because, in my opinion, he wants rookies because rookies are cheaper now than they used to be, and then Lewis won't play the rookies until they're almost ready for a new contract.  

Doesn't sound like a good mix.

To me i won't truly know for sure until this FA is all over. We have played lots of rookies as of late but most were
out of necessity like Dalton and Green and last year Boyd at Slot. It is not like we don't play rookies, we just don't
give players a shot at a starting position when the designated starter sucks IMHO.

Coaching is the big problem. If the coaches were able to get our players ready earlier and started the better players
we would know the investment is sound. We just don't know cause we haven't seen them and are too loyal to the
starters the coaches believe in. They have to admit when they are wrong and play the better player.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 09:55 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I can only hope this sends a msg to the FO. If your players don't think you're a contender, you have the wrong coaches in place and you're lacking focus overall.
The FO seems incapable of receiving messages.  If last season didn't send one, nothing will. 

Problem is, they have convinced themselves that last year was an aberration and not the trend it actually looks like. 

The myth of drafting well hasn't been busted, it's been obliterated.  And when the thing you hang your hat on vanishes, then you really are screwed. 

Anyway, with Marvin here, it matters very little who the players are.  Get ready for a mass exodus of players who want to win a SB and know it'll never happen here.  Money will not be our biggest obstacle, perception will.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I find it curious when a locker room leader and the glue of the team comes out and says "I want to play for a SB contender"
Yeah what a original thought. Never heard that before
How about instead of jumping to a organization who BTW didn't make the playoffs in 2016 just like the Bengals WHY DON'T YOU JUST TRY TO BE ONE OF THOSE INTEGRAL PLAYERS ON THE ROSTER
WHO HELPS CREATE A CULTURE IN ALIGNMENT THAT WILL HELP GET YOU TO THE SB.
as far as,I'm concerned it's the Pats and everybody else in the AFC.
When was the last time the Broncos did anything in the AFC?
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2017, 12:40 AM)impactplaya Wrote: I find it curious when a locker room leader and the glue of the team comes out and says "I want to play for a SB contender"
Yeah what a original thought. Never heard that before
How about instead of jumping to a organization who BTW didn't make the playoffs in 2016 just like the Bengals WHY DON'T YOU JUST TRY TO BE ONE OF THOSE INTEGRAL PLAYERS ON THE ROSTER
WHO HELPS CREATE A CULTURE IN ALIGNMENT THAT WILL HELP GET YOU TO THE SB.
as far as,I'm concerned it's the Pats and everybody else in the AFC.
When was the last time the Broncos did anything in the AFC?

One year ago? Confused WTF

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 05:19 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I basically compare this to the Pacman interviews from last year. Remember Pacman talking about loving Cincy, but he wanted to go where he felt the most wanted? It's most likely just a negotiating ploy. Whit is an extremely smart business man. He knows this is his last "big" deal and has a chance at #1 LT money from the Bengals.

Not to mention, you're pretty much telling your QB you don't care if he gets the snot beat out of him.....

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 07:50 PM)bengals67 Wrote: God for Whit. I really hope he leaves to play for a real team. Go to the Pats Whit.

I hope Z goes for the same reason.

Dalton, AJ and Geno need to get out as soon as possible.

This organization needs to go completely down the drain before there is any chance of having management and a coach staff that lives in the 21st century of football theory and  holds players and coaches accountable.

THERE IS NO WAY MARVIN SHOULD HAVE BEEN RETAINED AFTER PLAYOFF LOSS TO STEELERS

There is no way Paul Alexander should still be coach of the o-line, Bodine should not be center, and Rey M should never have been resigned after the debacle covering tight ends in the Houston playoff games.

The list can go on a
If you go chopping off heads after every mistake soon there are no heads left.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 07:53 PM)Benton Wrote: As a Bengals fan I'd hate it.
As a Bengals fan, I would be happy for Whit if he went to another team and wins a title. Guy has been nothing but positive his entire time here, done everything asked of him and advocated for what's best for the team.

He is getting offers from Denver, Minnesota and the Giants. I don't believe any of those teams are better than the Bengals at this point.
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown,

You won't see this, but for some reason once in a while we think this will do something. Anyway, your captain is going to leave because you have NOT built a contender that can get past the 1st round. This should open your eyes. This should get you to pony up for a better coaching staff and even entertain changing FA philosophy if the situation presents itself. If a descent LT will take your money, consider the money you spent on Andy and AJ when you tell them you're trotting Ced out there in Andrew's spot. Yes, the plan was for him to takeover when this time came. Regardless of the injury and learning curve, your stubborn staff actually benched him out of need...albeit too late. Your fans have a constant argument of what needs to be done vs how damned the team is. If you want us to stop saying that annoying word Bungles, which I can't stand then do the people that were fans when your dad was in charge a favor. If you actually want to build a winner, let someone else do it because your captain that has defended the team the entire time he was here is giving up on YOU. Get to work.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2017, 07:28 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: He is getting offers from Denver, Minnesota and the Giants. I don't believe any of those teams are better than the Bengals at this point.

Those three teams have FOs that are willing to go out and improve. The Bengals are a team with over $40 million in cap room, but are only going to operate with $15 million for their free agents. Keep in mind, that if we want to keep Whit, he's going to cost over $10 million a year.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote