Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A bullying fine?
(05-17-2016, 02:50 PM)Griever Wrote: so when will Lucie get his fine for bullying the gay and transgender community, as well as moms that breastfeed in public?

Why don't you tell us your story ...who the hell picked on you when you were in school?

Those that have whined on here about being picked on as a kid happened to be a lefty.  Go figure. Victimhood mentality explained.
we just go off of what dude has posted, and applied it to this situation

i got picked on over my lazy eye, not on my heterosexuality, but nice try though

i just try and be a better human and treat everyone with dignity, shouldnt be a hard concept to follow, but for some people i guess it's too much to ask of them
People suck
(05-17-2016, 03:09 PM)Vlad Wrote: Why don't you tell us your story ...who the hell picked on you when you were in school?

Those that have whined on here about being picked on as a kid happened to be a lefty.  Go figure. Victimhood mentality explained.

How about I give you something to whine about, princess.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(05-17-2016, 03:09 PM)Vlad Wrote: Why don't you tell us your story ...who the hell picked on you when you were in school?

Hmm, now that I think of it one guy who picked on me in high school DUI killed himself and the other became an addict and committed suicide a few years ago.  I'm not sure if they "picked on me" so much as threatened to kick my ass because they were either overgrown and idiotic (the first one) and had a gang with him (the second one).

So really I just sort of let them have their moments in the sun and they took themselves right out of the equation in the long-run. At least they both got to enjoy making me "piss my pants with fear" before their lives went to shit, though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-17-2016, 03:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hmm, now that I think of it one guy who picked on me in high school DUI killed himself and the other became an addict and committed suicide a few years ago.  I'm not sure if they "picked on me" so much as threatened to kick my ass because they were either overgrown and idiotic (the first one) and had a gang with him (the second one).

So really I just sort of let them have their moments in the sun and they took themselves right out of the equation in the long-run.  At least they both got to enjoy making me "piss my pants with fear" before their lives went to shit, though.

I never wanted anything bad to happen to the bullies in my life, but that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it just a little bit when it did.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
i just told mine god made me better than them because i had a wider range of vision because of the lazy eye
People suck
(05-17-2016, 03:36 PM)GMDino Wrote: I never wanted anything bad to happen to the bullies in my life, but that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it just a little bit when it did.

Yeah, I don't believe in karma but I felt a nice bitter sense of "good riddance" when I heard the news.  Unfortunately, at least 2 other guys who gave me grief were popular types with well-to-do and educated families and so on.  Oh well, can't win 'em all!  
im not sure what really happened to the ones from high school, but all the people around the same age as me that said getting married was a mistake and wasn't right and that god wouldnt bless it etc. are all either divorced or on their 2nd/3rd marriage

i get a bit of satisfaction from that
People suck
(05-17-2016, 03:38 PM)Griever Wrote: i just told mine god made me better than them because i had a wider range of vision because of the lazy eye

I just laughed at them and said, "Sure, you just beat my ass, but at least my penis is smaller than yours."

That usually shut them up.
(05-17-2016, 06:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I just laughed at them and said, "Sure, you just beat my ass, but at least my penis is smaller than yours."

That usually shut them up.

Hilarious

I used the same joke to diffuse arguments in high school.

"Oh yeah!?!? Well I've called a small dick!"

And they'd look confused for a second and then laugh!
(05-12-2016, 07:22 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It's ok man.   I can discuss things without it being a personal insult.   Where I draw the line is when someone offers to have sex with my kid.  

If you can discuss things without it being a personal insult then why did you complain about me "dragging your family" into this when I asked you the exact same question?

Quote:I would encourage other ways to shame the bully .  She couldn't succeed in a physical fight so I would encourage ways to embarrass the bully.   Kids are sensitive and you can make th self conscience relatively easy.   I would encourage her to offensive in this manner.    Just takes one embarrassing moment to sidetrack a bully and turn the tables.  

I would encourage out of the box thinking.... Once again the goal isn't to necessarily win... It's to problem solve and know you can rely on yourself to work through problems.    This is why I think being bullied isn't necessarily a bad thing.... No one wants to see their kids hurt, but they also need to know they can pull themselves back up.    I hope you can see where I am coming from on learning the lessons.   This is a great opportunity to learn a valuable life lesson.  

In this hypothetical scenario, I'm going to assume you are bigger and stronger than your daughter's imaginary bully.  Why don't you use the tried and true method you endorsed earlier; punch your daughter's bully in the mouth?  That would surely stop it.  But, you wouldn't do that because that's stupid.  Even you can recognize the stupidity of that plan.

Your above advice is awful.  You're helping your daughter "brainstorm" ways to attack her bully's self esteem?  You're teaching her a way to bully her bully.  If your daughter already came home bloodied and beaten once, embarrassing her bully is probably a good way to get her bloodied and beaten again.

My daughter's elementary school has an anti-bullying program they teach the kids.  They don't teach the kids to not tell an adult.  They don't teach the kids violence is the solution.  The don't teach the kids to attack each other's self-esteem.  Everything you recommend, they don't.

The teachers and school administrators are in charge of discipline, not the children.  The schools have systems in place for discipline problems.   Teaching children to utilize their resources prepares them for the real world as adults.  Because if your daughter has a problem with a co-worker she could attack her co-worker self esteem issues or punch her in the mouth or she could discuss the problem with her co-worker or HR.  Which do you think would work better?
(05-07-2016, 02:08 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It seems the definition of being a bully is played fast and loose by some .  

Saw this definition posted in my daughter's school yesterday . . .

https://www.gadoe.org/Curriculum-Instruction-and-Assessment/Curriculum-and-Instruction/Pages/Bullying-Prevention-Toolkit.aspx

Quote:(a) As used in this Code section, the term "bullying" means an act that is:
(1) Any willful attempt or threat to inflict injury on another person, when accompanied by an apparent present ability to do so;
(2) Any intentional display of force such as would give the victim reason to fear or expect immediate bodily harm; or
(3) Any intentional written, verbal, or physical act, which a reasonable person would perceive as being intended to threaten, harass, or intimidate, that:

• (A) Causes another person substantial physical harm within the meaning of Code Section 16-5-23.1 or visible bodily harm as such term is defined in Code Section 16-5-23.1;(B) Has the effect of substantially interfering with a student's education;© Is so severe, persistent, or pervasive that it creates an intimidating or threatening educational environment; or(D) Has the effect of substantially disrupting the orderly operation of the school. The term applies to acts which occur on school property, on school vehicles, at designated bus stops, or at school related functions or activities or by use of data or software that is accessed through a computer, computer system, computer network, or other electronic technology of a local school system.  The term also applies to acts of cyberbullying which occur through the use of electronic communication, whether or not such electronic act originated on school property or with school equipment, if the electronic communication
    • 1. is directed specifically at students or school personnel,2. is maliciously intended for the purpose of threatening the safety of those specified or substantially disrupting the orderly operation of the school, and3. creates a reasonable fear of harm to the students' or school personnel's person or property or has a high likelihood of succeeding in that purpose.

Anyone claiming schools are playing fast and loose with the definition of bullying is woefully misinformed.  Or blatantly trolling.
(05-20-2016, 08:51 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Saw this definition posted in my daughter's school yesterday . . .

https://www.gadoe.org/Curriculum-Instruction-and-Assessment/Curriculum-and-Instruction/Pages/Bullying-Prevention-Toolkit.aspx

Anyone claiming schools are playing fast and loose with the definition of bullying is woefully misinformed.  Or blatantly trolling.

Oh the lawyers have made sure the umbrella of bullying covers as much as possible.

Thanks for posting the policy.

Would you want your child to deal with a bully themselves, (of course with instruction from you and your wife on how to handle them) or would you rather they just learn to always run to an adult for the adult to punish the other child?
(10-04-2017, 11:19 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Oh the lawyers have made sure the umbrella of bullying covers as much as possible.  

Would you want your child to deal with a bully themselves, (of course with instruction from you and your wife on how to handle them) or would you rather they just learn to always run to an adult for the adult to punish the other child?

Asking kids to handle bullies themselves is unfair because as adults we are allowed to carry guns and knives and use lethal force against people who threaten us.  Kids have it rough.  I realize this sounds like me making a joke, but the only two times I was a teenager and I was in the wrong place at the wrong time I was sneak attacked by a group of soon-to-be-career criminals who threatened me when I wanted nothing more than to just walk away. There wasn't even any reason for it other than a group of guys just wanting to be thugs and throw homosexual slurs at everyone. Ah that was it, I was walking with two of my friends, one male and one female, and they approached us and said we were gay...or something. It didn't make sense, but our presence drove them to action, I guess.

Anyways, the ringleader of this group actually committed suicide a few years ago and I can say with all the fairness in my heart that I don't have the saintly traits required to be anything but amused by that.

Both times if I would have been an adult and shot at them a jury would have given me a pass.  I don't know why we expect kids to handle stuff for themselves.  Maybe I'm an odd case, but my favorite thing about being an adult is that I'm not forced to deal with people I don't want to deal with.  During school you're stuck with these people.  You can't just tell them to piss off and then walk out the door.
(10-04-2017, 11:55 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Asking kids to handle bullies themselves is unfair because as adults we are allowed to carry guns and knives and use lethal force against people who threaten us.  Kids have it rough.  I realize this sounds like me making a joke, but the only two times I was a teenager and I was in the wrong place at the wrong time I was sneak attacked by a group of soon-to-be-career criminals who threatened me when I wanted nothing more than to just walk away.

Both times if I would have been an adult and shot at them a jury would have given me a pass.  I don't know why we expect kids to handle stuff for themselves.  Maybe I'm an odd case, but my favorite thing about being an adult is that I'm not forced to deal with people I don't want to deal with.  During school you're stuck with these people.  You can't just tell them to piss off and then walk out the door.

Bullying today is far more mental than it is physical. The internet really has made being a kid today difficult because you can not escape bullies. I struggle at times because I feel like kids in general need to learn to deal with (ignore) people who are "mean", but at the same time being attacked relentlessly day in and day out 24/7 can mentally break even the toughest of people. Not sure what the answer is, but the idea of confronting your bully like back in the day is tough now when it can be an anonymous person online tormenting you.

False equivalency.

I'm sure that a shit ton of people who fall on both the left side and the right side of the political spectrum were bullied.  It's a pretty widespread issue.

I wasn't bullied very much in school.  For the most part, I did the bullying.  I'm not proud of it, but it's helped me realize that it's unacceptable.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(10-04-2017, 12:05 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: False equivalency.

I'm sure that a shit ton of people who fall on both the left side and the right side of the political spectrum were bullied.  It's a pretty widespread issue.

I wasn't bullied very much in school.  For the most part, I did the bullying.  I'm not proud of it, but it's helped me realize that it's unacceptable.

Bullying is just another issue where many people think they have the answer.  The same people who say that kids should confront their own bullies and not get adults involved are probably the same people who think society is going to hell because adults aren't hitting their kids enough.

Simple answer?  If I'm in school and I'm bullied I tell adults so they can beat the crap out of that kid and set him on the right path.  Lordy folks, do you want adults putting kids in their place or not?
So at my son's school there was a bullying incident caught on video.  A girl punched and pushed a "special needs" student while walking from the vo-tech to the high school.  Other kids can be heard saying "hit him again" and no one stopped it.

Both people walked away after the incident.

The girl was suspended as soon as it was reported.  Then the video got posted and the news got hold of it.

We talked to our son about it and he knew the boy that got hit.  He is on the autism spectrum but is fully capable of taking care of himself and what our son heard was he was wanting fight everybody and he got hit and pushed.

Still wrong, but not as wrong as the news made it out.

So we asked him what he would have done if he had seen it happen and he said he'd probably walk away to avoid getting in a fight himself...unless it was a situation where someone was being beaten then he would get help.

I was a little disappointed.

As someone who who people wanted to bully I wanted him to say he'd at least yell to get the bully to stop.

When I was younger I had a bad temper so the few bullies who actually tried to get physical with me learned that short fat kid would swing whatever he had and wasn't going to just get pushed around.  I learned that that wasn't the best way to deal with them...but it left me with a desire to keep others from being bullied also whenever I could.

I don't know how many times I'm gone up to someone and talked them out of harassing someone.  Guess in some eyes that makes me a "lefty".  I just think it makes me a good person who cares about other people.

I can honestly say I don't know anyone who wasn't bullied who turned out any worse than anyone who WAS bullied.

Bullying happens.  That doesn't mean it is acceptable or that it is "needed".  

Last thought:  I might have shared this in another bullying thread.  Our son got picked on once on the bus.  It was the son of a friend.  A year older and twice his size.  Kid had him by the neck for some dumb reason and that was all that happened.  So I told our son if he ever tried that again to kick his squarely in the groin as hard as he could.  (Asked to make sure he knew where the groin was...lol.)  And then to tell the bully while he was puking on the floor of the bus to never let it happen again.  i didn't want him starting fights but he certainly allowed to end them.  

And hopefully in the future he will stick up for others too.  Not because people being bullied are somehow less or weaker, but because standing for each other is the right thing to do.
(10-04-2017, 11:19 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Oh the lawyers have made sure the umbrella of bullying covers as much as possible.  

It's probably an intelligent course of action to have lawyers consult the GADOE when crafting a public policy for public schools which could have legal ramifications when bullying occurs or when disciplining students for bullying instead of consulting a well known internet troll and habitual liar who pretends to be a former teacher who can't use "your" or "you're" in a sentence correctly, who can't remember when he started lying about when he married his Russian girlfriend, and practically pisses down his leg out of fear anytime I ask (BTW, I already know the answer.  Why do you think I keep asking and you keep refusing?), and who completely fabricated an entire story about his daughter being bullied?

Quote:We had our oldest teased. This summer in a language camp. By a group of children, we told her to give them a taste of their own medicine. They all happened to have those fidgit spinners so I told her to ask them why they need those ****** toys. She asked them what their disability was and why they weren't in the special ****** camp. It took one day and most of the camp were calling those children retards or disableds. We got a phone call from the camp director about this and once I explained what happened she just asked if next time we would call her first. We explained that we were not upset at the bullying by other children that we used it as a chance to teach our child how to deal with bullies. Then she went on about safe spaces for all children and I just told her that we respectfully do not believe in safe spaces. That was the end of it. ]The best part was our youngest was also at the same camp and was able to see what happened and how her sister turned the tables to get out of a tough situation.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Obama-Shames-Voters?pid=440896#pid440896

That's is just pathetic story telling.  The child-like naivete of your logic that your daughter turned the tables on a group of bullies by calling their toys retards is so unbelievable I can only deduce you're not even a parent. Following your advice would have only made the bullying worse, not better.

My daughter's elementary school's policy is the kids should tell an adult if they are bullied or if they see another kid bullied.  One year my daughter told her mom a boy was picking on her at school.  My wife told the teacher.  The teacher shuffled the seating arrangement.  Problem solved and no one was punished. My daughter did stand up for herself by following the policy.  She learned the policy worked by following the rules and to trust in her parents and teachers to handle a situation like adults without resorting to pretend name calling in a figment of your imagination.  She handle the situation the same way an adult would handle a harrassment situation at work in a business setting.

As opposed to me as a teenager, my brother told me another student was picking on him so the next day I beat the shit out of the kid on the bus.  I was permantly banned from riding the bus and my mother had to drive me to and from school until I got my driver's license.  They didn't do anything to the kid picking on my brother.  So the only one that was punished in this case was my Mom.  I just laugh out loud at the suggestion your "daughter" stopped a group of kids from picking on her by calling their fidget spinners ******** and then other students joined in calling them ******** and disableds.  "Disableds"?  Seriously?  The kids used that word?  Gimme a ***** break, not your real name "Jerome." That entire story is a complete and total fabrication.

Now for the cherry on top of this shit sundae: 

(05-14-2015, 10:14 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: [Image: Q28AfRR.jpg]

the picture you posted of yourself is the same picture TommyC used at bengals.com.  So you're either lying you're not Tommy or your lying Tommy's picture is you.  Which is it?

So I'm not really interested in discussing this any further with a habitual liar who doesn't have any interest in real "discussion" and is only trying to get a rise out of people for his own amusement.

Understand?
(10-04-2017, 12:03 PM)Au165 Wrote: Bullying today is far more mental than it is physical. The internet really has made being a kid today difficult because you can not escape bullies. I struggle at times because I feel like kids in general need to learn to deal with (ignore) people who are "mean", but at the same time being attacked relentlessly day in and day out 24/7 can mentally break even the toughest of people. Not sure what the answer is, but the idea of confronting your bully like back in the day is tough now when it can be an anonymous person online tormenting you.

I agree bullying these days is a bit different. The cyber stuff if just straight up stalking now. This is precisely the reason we keep social media to a minimum and what we do allow is monitored.

As far as it being mental..... it's always been a mental game. Most bullies do not want a fight or anything physical, they just move on to the next child who won't stand up for themselves.