Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
A chance we trade up?
Bengals are meeting with Treadwell and if we do want him opposite of A.J. Green to create that "Twin Tower" duo.

Do you see us trading up a few spots to acquire him? Maybe trade up to somewhere like 20ish?

http://www.cincyjungle.com/visits-workouts/2016/3/17/11254972/bengals-set-to-meet-with-ole-miss-wide-receiver-laquon-treadwell

Would you rather trade for someone else? Maybe a Corey Coleman?
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
There's no way we trade up. Treadwell isn't really the type of receiver you trade up for. There's going to be talented players there at 24 whether it's him or someone else.

If he's there at 24, I'd consider it. He's not that fast, his route tree was simple and he didn't really has much success in intermediate routes. Has a few drops when he shouldn't.

He has a ton of upside, but honestly he's not a guy you need to trade up for. I'd take Docston over him every day.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
There's very little chance that we trade up in the 1st.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
If it was a normal draft talent pool, and the Bengals had a normal level WR need, I probably wouldn't want Treadwell in the first round at all. I can kind of accept it because of those two, but actually using more than a first round pick on him? No way.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2016, 03:44 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: There's no way we trade up. Treadwell isn't really the type of receiver you trade up for. There's going to be talented players there at 24 whether it's him or someone else.

If he's there at 24, I'd consider it. He's not that fast, his route tree was simple and he didn't really has much success in intermediate routes. Has a few drops when he shouldn't.

He has a ton of upside, but honestly he's not a guy you need to trade up for. I'd take Docston over him every day.

^^^ This
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Very doubtful we trade up. That being said, I would be ecstatic if we get treadwell at 24. Dude is going to be a very good NFL wide receiver for someone and I want it to be us.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2016, 03:44 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: There's no way we trade up. Treadwell isn't really the type of receiver you trade up for. There's going to be talented players there at 24 whether it's him or someone else.

I'm beginning to think we'll have to take Shepard or Boyd in the first if we want one of them.  I'm pretty sure Doctson won't be there.  

But the only guy I'd trade up for would be Jack.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2016, 03:37 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Bengals are meeting with Treadwell and if we do want him opposite of A.J. Green to create that "Twin Tower" duo.

Do you see us trading up a few spots to acquire him? Maybe trade up to somewhere like 20ish?

http://www.cincyjungle.com/visits-workouts/2016/3/17/11254972/bengals-set-to-meet-with-ole-miss-wide-receiver-laquon-treadwell

We will not trade up. We will let the draft play itself out and draft well as usual.
Reply/Quote
When was the last time we traded up?
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2016, 10:33 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: When was the last time we traded up?

We traded up to get Bodine in the fourth round.

As far as the first round I am guessing when we took Kijana Carter back n the 90's.
Reply/Quote
Bengals are more likely to trade back like in the Zeitler deal than up.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2016, 10:33 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: When was the last time we traded up?

We selected the worst starter on the team.

Doesn't mean there aren't any players I would trade up for in certain circumstances.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2016, 01:04 AM)Stormborn Wrote: We selected the worst starter on the team.

Doesn't mean there aren't any players I would trade up for in certain circumstances.

I didn't realize that drafted AJ Hawk
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2016, 01:20 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I didn't realize that drafted AJ Hawk

close
Reply/Quote
They might be considering whether any of these WRs are worth trading up for. Otherwise, I think spending time with Treadwell is just a gross waste of time. There's no way he falls to 24. Corey Coleman might not either.

Personally, I think I'd be fine with Fuller or Doctson in the first. It would depend on who they passed up to take a WR @ 24. If it was Rankins or Billings or Darron Lee, I might be a little miffed.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2016, 12:43 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Bengals are more likely to trade back like in the Zeitler deal than up.

I agree with this sentiment, but I could see a scenario where they trade up if an impact DE is available in the late teens.  They would likely have to sacrifice a third round selection from this year's draft, but they know they will be acquiring extra third rounders next season as compensatory picks for the losses of MLJ, Sanu, Andre Smith, and Lamur (and possibly Reggie Nelson).

I could see a player like Noah Spence perhaps being there if he slides past Buffalo.  

An impact pass rusher from the right side is what could be all that is missing from putting that defense over the top as a Championship squad.  
Reply/Quote
It really comes down to supply and demand.

The reason that they traded up for Bodine is because there was a run on centers and he was the last one they had with a starter's grade.

IF, and it's a big if, the Bengals have identified WR as an immediate emergency need and there is a run on WRs, they would probably move up to get a guy that they had a starter grade on.
Reply/Quote
I actually want us to trade up...

To atleast 21, look at the teams right in front of us in the draft order..

Texans: Needs a WR
Vikings: Needs a WR

oh... and the Bengals right after.. who NEED a WR.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2016, 03:37 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Bengals are meeting with Treadwell and if we do want him opposite of A.J. Green to create that "Twin Tower" duo.

The Bengals should only consider trading up if there's a worry that none of Treadwell, Coleman, or Doctson will be there at 24. I think it's a play-it-by-ear scenario based on where the first two receivers get drafted.

As for the "twin towers" thing, Doctson is the same height as Treadwell and has tremendous leaping ability.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2016, 10:12 AM)ochocincos Wrote: The Bengals should only consider trading up if there's a worry that none of Treadwell, Coleman, or Doctson will be there at 24. I think it's a play-it-by-ear scenario based on where the first two receivers get drafted.

As for the "twin towers" thing, Doctson is the same height as Treadwell and has tremendous leaping ability.

I am a huge fan of Josh Doctson as well and have him as my #1 receiver.

I love Josh Doctson and his able to go after the ball and love his soft hands. I also am a huge fan of Corey Coleman, have him as my #2 receiver.

Reply/Quote