Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A 'Down to the Wire' Record?
Three games are left.

ZT either overcomes Dick LeBeau's worst Bengals record by winning at least 2 of the 3.

He ties LeBeau's record by winning only 1 of the 3.

Or he becomes the record holder as the single season worst HC record by losing the next 3.

What say you?
Reply/Quote
Worst
Reply/Quote
Ties. That’s why I was really hoping the Giants would win yesterday to keep the 1st pick safe. Hopefully we win the tiebreaker
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 12:45 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Ties. That’s why I was really hoping the Giants would win yesterday to keep the 1st pick safe. Hopefully we win the tiebreaker

The best chance is a Dolphins victory.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 12:43 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Three games are left.

ZT either overcomes Dick LeBeau's worst Bengals record by winning at least 2 of the 3.

He ties LeBeau's record by winning only 1 of the 3.

Or he becomes the record holder as the single season worst HC record by losing the next 3.

What say you?
Me personally, I'm hoping ZT realizes it's a lost season by now and we lose out to secure #1. Burrow or Young and I'm happy.

It's not exactly going to look great on his resume starting his first season as a HC with the worst record in Bengals history, but if it means getting his guy then I say screw it. Lose out. If the Giants win one more then maybe you try and beat the Browns or Dolphins. Obviously it's all about the draft to me as it is to most at this point.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 12:50 PM)Takedown Wrote: Me personally, I'm hoping ZT realizes it's a lost season by now and we lose out to secure #1. Burrow or Young and I'm happy.

It's not exactly going to look great on his resume starting his first season as a HC with the worst record in Bengals history, but if it means getting his guy then I say screw it. Lose out. If the Giants win one more then maybe you try and beat the Browns or Dolphins. Obviously it's all about the draft to me as it is to most at this point.

Has there been any 'official' talk about WHO the Bengals will draft??

I wouldn't bet on Burrows or anyone else until the actual 'pick' is made!
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 12:57 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Has there been any 'official' talk about WHO the Bengals will draft??

I wouldn't bet on Burrows or anyone else until the actual 'pick' is made!

I'm not saying either will be pick or to lock it in. It's a personal preference.

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 12:50 PM)Takedown Wrote: Me personally, I'm hoping ZT realizes it's a lost season by now and we lose out to secure #1. Burrow or Young and I'm happy.

Yep. Keep games within 1 score but lose all.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 01:01 PM)Takedown Wrote: I'm not saying either will be pick or to lock it in. It's a personal preference.

Understood TD, but if a person wants to keep it real, you have to try and think as convoluted as MB does, because he does have the final word to ANYTHING that goes on with this franchise!  Cool  
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 01:25 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Understood TD, but if a person wants to keep it real, you have to try and think as convoluted as MB does, because he does have the final word to ANYTHING that goes on with this franchise!  Cool  

MB thinks? That's a lot of credit.

He does have the final say. Which is why we will probably go Burrow.

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 01:12 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yep. Keep games within 1 score but lose all.

Gotta make it look like you're trying to win Ninja

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 12:45 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Ties. That’s why I was really hoping the Giants would win yesterday to keep the 1st pick safe. Hopefully we win the tiebreaker

Definitely better for us to keep the 1st overall, but if you want us to draft a QB then unless the Giants trade it we'll be picking the first QB anyway. Personally I'd rather we go with Chase Young, so 1st overall is probably important for that.

I think we tie it. We played ok against Cleveland and could've won the game with a couple of plays going our way. I think we win at least 1, my only concern is we win more than that and push our way down the draft board with some pointless victories. I don't think Zac takes the record with 1-15 though.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 01:36 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Definitely better for us to keep the 1st overall, but if you want us to draft a QB then unless the Giants trade it we'll be picking the first QB anyway. Personally I'd rather we go with Chase Young, so 1st overall is probably important for that.

I think we tie it. We played ok against Cleveland and could've won the game with a couple of plays going our way. I think we win at least 1, my only concern is we win more than that and push our way down the draft board with some pointless victories. I don't think Zac takes the record with 1-15 though.

Giants would definitely trade the 1st pick to a team in need of a QB.  That pick is valuable.  Heck, maybe they swap with the Bengals and get an extra late round.  Still get their guy at #2.  
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 01:29 PM)Takedown Wrote: MB thinks? That's a lot of credit.

He does have the final say. Which is why we will probably go Burrow.

Don’t bet the farm on it.
Reply/Quote
Worst.

The Bengals are all about being the 1st of the worst.

Now... let's just see what the other side of the turd looks like.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 02:55 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: Giants would definitely trade the 1st pick to a team in need of a QB.  That pick is valuable.  Heck, maybe they swap with the Bengals and get an extra late round.  Still get their guy at #2.  

Depends how highly they value whoever their guy is gunna be and how confident they are they can still get him with whatever pick they trade down to. I don't see why the Bengals would entertain that trade as we likely aren't looking for the same guy as they are. Unless we're really worried about somebody else doing it and nabbing our guy. I agree that if I was a Giants fan I'd probably want to trade away #1 overall though. Can get a lot with that draft currency. 
Reply/Quote
Tiger
We have to have the #1 pick to get whoever it is that we want.

Because if there's a chance those A-holes from Shittsburgh can jump in front of us to take either Chase young or Joe Burrow (Rapistberger's replacement) They'll do it in a heart beat.

Remember what happened this at this years draft... Pitt Sux
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
I don't really see us winning again.

The Patriots, in all likely hood, despite their recent struggles will look like sure fire Super Bowl champs vs. us. The Dolphins have improved a lot over back half of season, and the Browns are just better albeit with a bunch of ego and discipline problems. If we win one of these games we'll be flying !

And quite frankly at this point there's no use in winning.
Reply/Quote

The Giants seem to have an easier remaining three games than the Bengals.

Giants play:    Dolphins at home
                     at Washington
                     Eagles at home

Bengals play:   Patriots at home
                      at Dolphins
                      Browns at home
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 09:31 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I don't really see us winning again.

The Patriots, in all likely hood, despite their recent struggles will look like sure fire Super Bowl champs vs. us. The Dolphins have improved a lot over back half of season, and the Browns are just better albeit with a bunch of ego and discipline problems. If we win one of these games we'll be flying !

And quite frankly at this point there's no use in winning.

Taylor is the one coach that Kitchens can outcoach.
Reply/Quote