Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
A contrast of 2 wide receivers
Seeing the Steelers fall apart has gotten me even more on board with the type of high character guys we have been acquiring since Zac got here.

The Steelers have been drafting a number of guys I liked that had character red flags. Looks like it is coming back to haunt them.
Reply/Quote
WHo knew Tomln would start taking on so many low character guys? LIke a previous poster said, he is starting to be like marvin in that he would rather have talented head cases than players of character
Reply/Quote
Tee Higgins with a nice redzone block on a 2 yard TD by Mixon against the Jaguars.

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2023, 06:19 PM)wanga Wrote: I can’t imagine that endearing him to team mates and fans at all. A really crappy look. Everyone sees those short steps on a footy field and then they have to wear that for ever.

I saw a quote where Jaylen Warren said that he'd block for Pickens.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 10:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: All 3 of our starting WR’s are willing blockers.

Yes, I dont think it's been this core before.. I suspect colleges are the cause of this... colleges have really advanced in their coaching quality deeply.. 
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 10:45 PM)Nepa Wrote: Last night, even the QB for the Seattle was running up the field (at least twice) to block for runners. The half-hearted effort from the Steelers WRs is worthy of the fans' anger. I suppose they'd been hammered enough in the media that they will show a new commitment on Saturday, but that team has been major dysfunctional in recent weeks.

This is what scares me the most about this Saturday game.  All of a sudden, they will play like gang busters (for one game, against us) to "prove" that is not who they are, then go back to being duds.
Reply/Quote
I sure am glad we have the worst head coach in the league.... Ninja Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2023, 08:09 AM)No-huddle Joe Wrote: This is what scares me the most about this Saturday game.  All of a sudden, they will play like gang busters (for one game, against us) to "prove" that is not who they are, then go back to being duds.

Tyler Boyd helping by giving them some good 'bulletin board' material.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bengals-wide-receiver-called-out-george-pickens-on-wednesday/ar-AA1lOwwC?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=042c2e0ecf9b4504924c089b3b615b34&ei=66

Quote:Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver George Pickens has taken a lot of heat this week for a lack of effort in the team's most recent game. Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Tyler Boyd isn't feeling sorry for him.

Speaking to the media today, Boyd said that the issues with Pickens demonstrates a "lack of camaraderie" among the Steelers. As for Pickens personally, he wasn't impressed by what appeared to be a lack of trying to chase down an opposing ball carrier on an interception.

"It just shows the lack of camaraderie that's over there. I can't really talk for anybody, you know, but like when things ain't going well you still gotta perform at a high level and do what you can to help your team. I done seen a clip with him... it kind of looked like he wasn't trying to chase (the interception) down. See, I don't go about that. That's something that they gotta deal with. When things ain't going good, that's when your true colors show. I like to be the same player week in, week out whether it's going good or bad for me," Boyd said.

George Pickens certainly isn't going to like that. It's one thing to be called out by fans, but another to be called out by opposing players.

Pickens is going to have to prove his doubters wrong on the field.

He'll get his chance on Saturday when the Steelers and Bengals do battle again.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2023, 08:09 AM)No-huddle Joe Wrote: This is what scares me the most about this Saturday game.  All of a sudden, they will play like gang busters (for one game, against us) to "prove" that is not who they are, then go back to being duds.

Tyler Boyd helping by giving them some good 'bulletin board' material.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bengals-wide-receiver-called-out-george-pickens-on-wednesday/ar-AA1lOwwC?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=042c2e0ecf9b4504924c089b3b615b34&ei=66

Quote:Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver George Pickens has taken a lot of heat this week for a lack of effort in the team's most recent game. Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Tyler Boyd isn't feeling sorry for him.

Speaking to the media today, Boyd said that the issues with Pickens demonstrates a "lack of camaraderie" among the Steelers. As for Pickens personally, he wasn't impressed by what appeared to be a lack of trying to chase down an opposing ball carrier on an interception.

"It just shows the lack of camaraderie that's over there. I can't really talk for anybody, you know, but like when things ain't going well you still gotta perform at a high level and do what you can to help your team. I done seen a clip with him... it kind of looked like he wasn't trying to chase (the interception) down. See, I don't go about that. That's something that they gotta deal with. When things ain't going good, that's when your true colors show. I like to be the same player week in, week out whether it's going good or bad for me," Boyd said.

George Pickens certainly isn't going to like that. It's one thing to be called out by fans, but another to be called out by opposing players.

Pickens is going to have to prove his doubters wrong on the field.

He'll get his chance on Saturday when the Steelers and Bengals do battle again.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2023, 10:13 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Tyler Boyd helping by giving them some good 'bulletin board' material.

I’m not sure if it matters at this point. That team is fractured beyond repair. I’m not saying they can’t beat us because they still have a lot of talent, but they aren’t all of a sudden going to come together this late in the season. If their own players calling them out won’t do it, opposing players calling them out won’t do it.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2023, 10:32 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I’m not sure if it matters at this point. That team is fractured beyond repair. I’m not saying they can’t beat us because they still have a lot of talent, but they aren’t all of a sudden going to come together this late in the season. If their own players calling them out won’t do it, opposing players calling them out won’t do it.

That's one way to look at the situation.  However, I see a Bengals team that seems to be pulling themselves together after losing their franchise QB for the season.  How have they been able to come together and rally behind Jake Browning?  Most likely by focusing on themselves and matters pertaining to within the team.  Seems like just last year when everyone was spewing that 'Burrowhead Stadium' bullshit that the Bengals Superbowl hopes crashed and burned.  My opinion is that the Bengals should not be commenting on issues on rival clubs, and just stay focused on the mission at hand, beating said rival team.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Locker room quotes don't seem to be a thing anymore. And, if what TB said is their motivation, it's coming from way the wrong place and is tepid, at best.

I don't see any miracles here with these Steelers. I always felt that their first mistake was crowning Picket the heir apparent to Ben R. Thatin previous drafts t was a bad draft for QBs. Plus, they waited too long from previous drafts where they could have let a QB observe before handing them the starting QB role.

I've always felt Tomlin had Cowher's team. And, as much as the media like Tomlin, I never felt he lived up to the hype.

I like the comparison to Marvin's last years here and Tomlin now. Lots of similarities.

We (the Bengals) finally learned that character matters. Now, the long process of rebuilding the Steelers can begin, if they want it to. How many times had we heard Marvin say that he was starting again, and never really did?

Do the rebuild now or extend the misery.

Personally, I don't think this game is close. But, as they say, any given Sunday.
Reply/Quote
Well hopefully they don't block for Warren then, because we're gonna need some help tackling that guy lol. And hopefully we block for Chase Brown for a few huge plays.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2023, 11:14 AM)Graphicguy Wrote: Personally, I don't think this game is close.  But, as they say, any given Sunday.

But what do they say about Saturdays!
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2023, 09:47 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: WHo knew Tomln would start taking on so many low character guys?  LIke a previous poster said, he is starting to be like marvin in that he would rather have talented head cases than players of character

If they had an above average QB they might be challenging for the AFC-N division title, Browning is better than their starter.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2023, 03:22 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: It seems like the Steelers WRs have had problems not always in performance but attitude for years now.   I'm not sure who allows it or fosters that attitude but it does indeed reflect poorly on the head coach.

We sure they can't blame Zac too?  Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I can't imagine Carl is very happy with his son's attitude.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2023, 09:27 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I can't imagine Carl is very happy with his son's attitude.

Carl Picken's isn't related to George Pickens. There was some stuff about that during the draft process turned out to be false. George's dad is named George too. His brother is a corner for the Raiders named Chris Humes.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

This thread against Pickens didn't age well. 

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQuo7-w5es3xcv8uCOpUIv...A&usqp=CAU]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote

[Image: OIP.rQPlT3QilwyXIeJ11F5atAHaE8?w=268&h=1...=3&pid=1.7]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote