Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A couple fo things about last night's games (other than they usual)
Post thoughts on the game outside of the "sky is falling" that is in every other thread.....

Ok Mixon, everyone saw you make the one handed catch, then everyone saw you miss the next one you tried to one hand. Quit trying to make highlight reels catching with one hand, use both hands to catch the ball, and make the highlight reels with your run after catch.

Cody Core- can actually catch the ball when it doesn't matter and Driskell is throwing it to him. Now if he could just catch is when Dalton hits him in his hands or in his numbers.

Billings- Actually showed up on several plays last night, but man does he look fat. Surprisingly quick though for a man his size.

Chief's defenders- held our receivers the whole game. The uncalled hold on AJ cost us momentum on the first drive.

Burfict- looks scared to actually hit anyone anymore. (not that I blame him)

Fat Randy- Just keeps doing his job while kickers all over the league struggle.....

Mahomes- Is as advertised, is having fun and playing loose. I think if a team actually starts hitting him, it would be interesting to see if that falls apart. I had hopes our front could get to him last night, but no.....

We're stuck with Austin the remainder of this season, but Marvin needs to be looking for a new DC now and have him ready to go next year....
Reply/Quote
Did anyone catch how many missed tackles yesterday? Tez alone had at least 3-4 of them.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 08:34 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Did anyone catch how many missed tackles yesterday? Tez alone had at least 3-4 of them.

Yes, it was pathetic, but Hunt has done that to every team KC has played.
Reply/Quote
My couple things:

Line is garbage. Surprise.
The Defense is what it is...second to worst D in the NFL. Simply amazing honestly. Supposed to the the strength of this team, and they are by far and away the weak link.
Tackling is bad.
It's AJ's offense. Without him and AD clicking, this offense is very average.
Blown coverage assignments multiple times. Inexcusable.
This is the second to worst loss of ML era.
ML is now 1-17 on the road in primetime. Woof.
They had a prime opportunity these past two weeks to prove they belong/changed, and they failed to do that.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 08:29 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Post thoughts on the game outside of the "sky is falling" that is in every other thread.....

Ok Mixon, everyone saw you make the one handed catch, then everyone saw you miss the next one you tried to one hand. Quit trying to make highlight reels catching with one hand, use both hands to catch the ball, and make the highlight reels with your run after catch.

Cody Core- can actually catch the ball when it doesn't matter and Driskell is throwing it to him. Now if he could just catch is when Dalton hits him in his hands or in his numbers.

Billings- Actually showed up on several plays last night, but man does he look fat. Surprisingly quick though for a man his size.

Chief's defenders- held our receivers the whole game. The uncalled hold on AJ cost us momentum on the first drive.

Burfict- looks scared to actually hit anyone anymore. (not that I blame him)

Fat Randy- Just keeps doing his job while kickers all over the league struggle.....

Mahomes- Is as advertised, is having fun and playing loose. I think if a team actually starts hitting him, it would be interesting to see if that falls apart. I had hopes our front could get to him last night, but no.....

We're stuck with Austin the remainder of this season, but Marvin needs to be looking for a new DC now and have him ready to go next year....

Was thinking last night how bad the offense under Zamp was starting last season and how they uncharacteristically made that change in week 3 to put Lazor in as OC.

If Marvin keeps Austin into next year and we are still bad on defense I am not sure I would want any of the existing position coaches stepping up.....so to your point - if he feels he needs to change it I hope he does not wait for the wheels to come off early next season 
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 08:34 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Did anyone catch how many missed tackles yesterday? Tez alone had at least 3-4 of them.

Unfortunately Tez looks very ordinary out there.  In fact, he looks underwhelming.  Used to be able to count on him to get the ball carrier on the ground.  Apparently he's lost that ability.  Maybe too many hits to the head and he's forgot Tackling 101.
Reply/Quote
Burfict has to play on the edge to be effective. The league has neutered him so he will now simply be another guy out there.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Watch us go on a 10 game winning spree. Jerry
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 10:46 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Unfortunately Tez looks very ordinary out there.  In fact, he looks underwhelming.  Used to be able to count on him to get the ball carrier on the ground.  Apparently he's lost that ability.  Maybe too many hits to the head and he's forgot Tackling 101.

People forget he had microfracture knee surgery. That's sometimes a career killer. You really have to wonder if the abuse is catching up with him .
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
55 doesn't wrap up. Tackles too high and is getting abused.
Reply/Quote