Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Concerns with Devin Bush
He’s coming in for a pre-draft visit, same as White.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 12:51 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: I have gone through and watched 4 different games of Devin Bush and I really think he has a lot of flaws is his game for a guy that we might be considering at pick #11. He really struggles to get off blocks and gets pushed around quite a bit. He is also not a very good cover linebacker. If you just watch his highlights he is going to look good (like most players) but he really makes a lot of plays blitzing and when he is untouched.

I actually like Blake Cashman from Minnesota a heck of a lot more after watching a couple of his games. He does better getting off blocks, can cover, and seems to be a sure-tackler. I would take Cashman in the 2nd over Bush even so I really hope that Bush is not the pick at #11 and I was someone that was trying to get on board with it because we need Linebacker help so bad and White is likely not there anymore.

Just my thoughts and feel free to tell me what you like most about his game and why you want him at pick 11 if you disagree.

If we take a Linebacker at 11 he better be a damn good tackler. That is my problem with Bush now after studying up more on him. I am leaning more to JaWaan Taylor or one of the D-lineman if White is gone now and it is not like White is a perfect prospect either.

White just has more upside from what i see and is a better tackler.

I am liking Cashman myself, Mack Wilson, Joseph or David Long Jr.

Also like Sione Takitaki out of BYU in the mid to late rounds, high motor kid that tackles well.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 02:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If we take a Linebacker at 11 he better be a damn good tackler. That is my problem with Bush now after studying up more on him. I am leaning more to JaWaan Taylor or one of the D-lineman if White is gone now and it is not like White is a perfect prospect either.

White just has more upside from what i see and is a better tackler.

I am liking Cashman myself, Mack Wilson, Joseph or David Long Jr.

Also like Sione Takitaki out of BYU in the mid to late rounds, high motor kid that tackles well.

Taylor is not a top 15 pick.   I'm so tired of hearing about it. tbh none of the OT's are

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 04:45 PM)Okeana Wrote: Taylor is not a top 15 pick.   I'm so tired of hearing about it. tbh none of the OT's are

I think Jonah Williams is as a tackle or guard but I think people have mind F’d themselves out of it.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 09:30 AM)samhain Wrote: I'm not a big fan of Bush, either.  

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 12:51 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: I have gone through and watched 4 different games of Devin Bush and I really think he has a lot of flaws is his game for a guy that we might be considering at pick #11. He really struggles to get off blocks and gets pushed around quite a bit. He is also not a very good cover linebacker. If you just watch his highlights he is going to look good (like most players) but he really makes a lot of plays blitzing and when he is untouched.

I actually like Blake Cashman from Minnesota a heck of a lot more after watching a couple of his games. He does better getting off blocks, can cover, and seems to be a sure-tackler. I would take Cashman in the 2nd over Bush even so I really hope that Bush is not the pick at #11 and I was someone that was trying to get on board with it because we need Linebacker help so bad and White is likely not there anymore.

Just my thoughts and feel free to tell me what you like most about his game and why you want him at pick 11 if you disagree.

I have concerns with Bush and White. Bush for the reasons you have mentioned along with his size which is going to make coverage at the NFL level even more difficult.

With White I see an outstanding athlete but not an outstanding LB. He does not show great instincts. Misses many tackles that he should make and gets pushed out of many plays with relative ease.

I certainly to not see the cant miss guys that many keep talking about.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 04:45 PM)Okeana Wrote: Taylor is not a top 15 pick.   I'm so tired of hearing about it. tbh none of the OT's are
LMAO...…….why is that? He has Willie Anderson dominance with better athleticism. You are correct he is not a top 15 pick he is a top 10 pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 08:35 PM)OSUfan Wrote: LMAO...…….why is that? He has Willie Anderson dominance with better athleticism. You are correct he is not a top 15 pick he is a top 10 pick.

Whoa there.  Let's back up just a little before we decide he's a better Willie Anderson.  I don't hate the guy, but I'd be pretty hesitant to casually toss his name in with one of the best RTs ever to play the game.  
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 08:32 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I have concerns with Bush and White. Bush for the reasons you have mentioned along with his size which is going to make coverage at the NFL level even more difficult.

He is one inch shorter than Bobby Wagner, arguably the best coverage LB in the game.
Reply/Quote

Held his own against the entire SEC, is strong, has great feet and is extremely athletic...

Jonah Williams is the other one that i would definately love.

We need a RT and a Linebacker early. If White is not there we should definately go with one of these guys. Don't get your hate on JaWaan Taylor or Jonah Williams Okeana. Also would love Cody Ford who i think could play RT for us. I am tired of hearing the hate with nothing to back it up but your opinion.
Reply/Quote
Not pointing any fingers at anyone in particular, but my general rule of thumb in checking the draft section of these messageboards for years has always been this: take what anyone says about OSU or Michigan players with a grain of salt.

If White's gone and Bush is there at 11, I think you have to take him. I'd be scared to death if they tried to move to a later pick to try to get him... that has disaster written all over it.
Reply/Quote

Andrew Whitworth wasn't a top 15 pick.

The best OT in this class will probably make the team that drafts him happy, regardless of where they draft him.  It'll probably be either Taylor or Dillard.
Reply/Quote
To the guy who said Bush isn't fast....he ran a 4.44. That's plenty fast enough.

Also, I believe there is almost zero chance the Bengals take OL in the first.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 10:39 AM)MentalRage Wrote: To the guy who said Bush isn't fast....he ran a 4.44. That's plenty fast enough.

Also, I believe there is almost zero chance the Bengals take OL in the first.

Yes, he is very fast, the thing that bothers me is he is not the best tackler.

Did you believe there is almost zero chance the Bengals take a Center in the first last year?
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 02:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, he is very fast, the thing that bothers me is he is not the best tackler.

Did you believe there is almost zero chance the Bengals take a Center in the first last year?

Nope. I absolutely thought they would go center. Ragnow was my pick.

I just think all the signs point to them taking something else than o-line in the first round.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 02:28 PM)MentalRage Wrote: Nope. I absolutely thought they would go center. Ragnow was my pick.

I just think all the signs point to them taking something else than o-line in the first round.

I was with you then and i tend to agree with you now, expecting White or Bush at 11.

There are some good OT's that can be had in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Sharping and Tytus Howard to name a couple.
Reply/Quote