Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kenny looks forward to Burrow 'winning a Super Bowl'
"I welcomed him to the Cincinnati quarterback community. We've had a little success here," Anderson said on After Hours with Amy Lawrence. "I said 'I took a team to the Super Bowl, Boomer (Esiason) took a team to the Super Bowl and that we're looking forward to him winning a Super Bowl for us so we can all ride his coat tails."

"He never had a bad game. He looked the same game in, game out," Anderson said. "I don't care if it was the National Championship Game or another, [he] played the toughest schedule, performed at a high level."

"I really liked his accuracy. You saw him make NFL throws in every game, whether it's moving and the high back shoulder throw to a wide receiver and he had some great talent around him, but he put them in positions to make plays. I'm really excited he's a part of the Bengals."

"The game will be a little bit faster for him," Anderson said. "A lot of times you see college quarterbacks — receivers are wide open. It's not necessarily the case in the NFL. Learning to anticipate that and you may think a guy's open, but putting the ball in the right spot, he becomes open. It's encouraging because you see him make those throws every game. I think he's going to have tremendous success."

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/ken-anderson-joe-burrow-super-bowl

Since it's a Kenny related thread, I couldn't resist... LOL

[Image: XDB7LNC.gif]
Reply/Quote
Haha Kenny doing the chicken dance lol

Thanks for this Holic, with the way Burrow knows how to throw WR's open it might not be as big of a problem for him
as other rookie QB's. Lots of the time his WR's at LSU were covered and it still didn't matter. Rare quality that I think is
the most important in an NFL QB making the transition.

Sure hope Burrow is able to win a Superbowl with us in the upcoming years.

We all have been waiting way too long for this to happen.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2020, 03:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Haha Kenny doing the chicken dance lol

Thanks for this Holic, with the way Burrow knows how to throw WR's open it might not be as big of a problem for him
as other rookie QB's. Lots of the time his WR's at LSU were covered and it still didn't matter. Rare quality that I think is
the most important in an NFL QB making the transition.

Sure hope Burrow is able to win a Superbowl with us in the upcoming years.

We all have been waiting way too long for this to happen.

I think he will win one faster than Mahomes did. So count on one within 2 yrs.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2020, 03:46 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I think he will win one faster than Mahomes did. So count on one within 2 yrs.

If the O-line can improve big time and they give him time it is possible. I have NEVER seen a QB play like Burrow did last 
year in college and the numbers back it up. Burrow sure got hit tons and it still didn't matter, that OL play was really good 
in run blocking and not the best in pass blocking which is kind of the way our OL was playing late last season and this was
without Jonah Williams and XSF. Another year for Mike Jordan and he should be much better too.

This along with healthy weapons in AJ, Mixon, Boyd, Ross and Tee and Sample hopefully growing and this Offense could 
be loaded once they gel with Burrow.

Joe
Reply/Quote
Idk if Burrow will win us a Super Bowl, but I think he’ll absolutely win us a playoff game on his rookie contract.

Reply/Quote
(05-15-2020, 03:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If the O-line can improve big time and they give him time it is possible. I have NEVER seen a QB play like Burrow did last 
year in college and the numbers back it up. Burrow sure got hit tons and it still didn't matter, that OL play was really good 
in run blocking and not the best in pass blocking which is kind of the way our OL was playing late last season and this was
without Jonah Williams and XSF. Another year for Mike Jordan and he should be much better too.

This along with healthy weapons in AJ, Mixon, Boyd, Ross and Tee and Sample hopefully growing and this Offense could 
be loaded once they gel with Burrow.

Joe

Somebody, I forget who ? That's happening a lot more lately  Nervous  anyways that if AJ and Ross can stay healthy and produce we'll be a decent team this season and I agree. I'm not saying and I don't think he was either we're going 14-2 AFCCG. Just that we could make some waves.

It's impossible to say what Burrow/this team will end up being ? But it would be the shock of my life if Smokin Joe doesn't do well, in the end. I'm with NicCosca, I wouldn't doubt at all we win a playoff game or two on his rookie contract.

Super Bowl ? I just don't know about rookie contract ? It takes a lot to win one and by a lot I'm talking EVERYTHING has to fall just right. But I'm with Kenny I'm looking forward to winning all dem Super Bowls.

Joe
Reply/Quote
A related note I’ll put here.

Dan Patrick had Gary Danielson on his show recently talking about Burrow (and Tua). Dan said Rick Neuheisel compared Burrow to Brady, and Danielson said he saw some of that, but his comparison was Kenny Anderson. I can see that. Kenny was very accurate, the arm strength is probably similar, and Kenny was more athletic than he’s often given credit for. I didn’t see Kenny prior to 1981, but I think Burrow has a little more field general to him, at least at this point, but otherwise I think the comparison isn’t bad. What do you other “old timers” think? I can’t post the tweet because I’m on my phone, but if you’re on Twitter look up Dan Patrick and you’ll find it easily.
Reply/Quote
That's asking a lot, to be better than the best QB in football (Mahomes) within 2 years. KC is totally stacked. Playoff win on a rookie contract of course much higher probability, even if low. We will know a lot after the 1st year.
Reply/Quote
Kenny's got jokes too. Love it! LOL

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2020, 10:19 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Somebody, I forget who ? That's happening a lot more lately  Nervous  anyways that if AJ and Ross can stay healthy and produce we'll be a decent team this season and I agree. I'm not saying and I don't think he was either we're going 14-2 AFCCG. Just that we could make some waves.

It's impossible to say what Burrow/this team will end up being ? But it would be the shock of my life if Smokin Joe doesn't do well, in the end. I'm with NicCosca, I wouldn't doubt at all we win a playoff game or two on his rookie contract.

Super Bowl ? I just don't know about rookie contract ? It takes a lot to win one and by a lot I'm talking EVERYTHING has to fall just right. But I'm with Kenny I'm looking forward to winning all dem Super Bowls.

Joe

Yes, we will see but with this Free Agency we just had and getting this special of Franchise QB I won't bet against us winning
real soon. Like you said maybe not a Superbowl soon but pretty sure we can win a Playoff game or two pretty soon as long as
we are not decimated by injuries. Once Smokin' Joe gels with his new Offense we should be good. The Defense is lookin stacked
after this FA and we had the best ST's unit in the NFL last season.
Reply/Quote