Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A down year in the NFL?
(11-17-2017, 01:04 PM)corpjet Wrote: Seems to be the Bengals are missing a great opportunity to get into the playoffs with the NFL having a "down" year.

Each division has their studs, Philly, NE, Pitt, Minnesota....some average teams and then those just scraping to keep their head above water at .500 and make the playoffs.........

If the season ended today Buff and Tennessee would be in, lets be honest these teams have a lot of flaws (heck Buffalo just benched their starting QB)...........

I guess my point is a 9-7 season or even 8-8 season might get a team in.......

Oh what could have been........

PLAY-OFFS, You're talking PLAY-OFFS....LOL......The Coors Light Commercial using Jim Mora after a game more than fits the 2017 BUNGLES.   Any crazy notions of the 2017 BUNGLES going play-offs ended weeks ago.  If out of some miracle they would back in, they would take the worst one and done beating yet because they have no business taking the field with a play-off team ...Come play-offs the Bungles will be gone for the season of 2017 and the team record will be so bad you will be glad to see this season of Bungles put out of it's misery.  Unless they let teams in play-offs with 3 or 4 win seasons, I don't see Bungles in there, no I don't.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2017, 09:24 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: In the grand scheme of things we don't even qualify to be an NFL team. When you refer to HS level football, you are accurate. As many have stated in many threads, Marvins game may have been valid years ago, but the NFL opponents study and adapt and the next thing you know what worked works no longer. We we're always somewhat predictable on many levels. Now we are so transparent you actually would think Marvin Fed-Ex's the other team exactly what he is going to do and when. 

Marvin has NEVER been a coach other coaches fear.  He had players in Baltimore that Breshnahan couldn't have screwed up.  He has been surrounded by talented coaches here.  Four of his assistants are now HC in the NFL.  That means one in eight head coaches in the NFL have been assistants for Marv.  When their talents left, and were replaced with the likes of Zampese, Marv was exposed. 

He should have been shown the door long ago, but at least he will be this year.  The only problem is I don't see a HC on our current roster that I think can take the team to the next level.  I would bet my mortgage that it will be Guenther and the only way I see the team improving in that case is if Hue is back as OC, which is probably not very likely.  

I feel so bad for the players on the roster right now.  It is like being sent to war with a battle plan that reads:  "just walk over that hill and shoot the bad guys".  They know it isn't going to work and their effort demonstrates that.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2017, 03:01 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm not sure about conspiracies, but you'd think Marv would've lucked into a win at least once. 0-7...? 0-4 at PBS? Totally smacked around in 5 of those?

Why do we fall apart in every aspect? Palmer, Kitna, Dalton and Mac have been serviceable to good passers. We've had decent run games some of those years. We've had an elite defense that really gets after the passer and does a good job against the run. We've had some solid pass blocking lines. All of that has disappeared come playoff time and we morph into the 90's Bengals.

It really is hard to figure out. I tend to place the most blame on Marvin because he's been the one constant.

I defended him for a long time..."well, we didn't have Geno in that playoff game"....blah, blah, blah...it doesn't matter.  

The one constant is the team comes out ready to duck, not punch.  They are flatter than a pancake at EVERY big game and it has never changed.  That is leadership and the Bengals have none.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Does the fact that we are one game out now secure the fact that the NFL esp the AFC is down this year.........sad......
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote