Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A few fun (basic) statistics through 5 weeks
Through five games (not including tonight's game between Pittsburgh and San Diego):

Andy Dalton:
#1 in the NFL in passing yards
#1 in yards per attempt (min. 100 attempts)
#3 in TD passes
#3 in QB rating
#2 in Total QBR (pointless awful stat, but there it is if you care)

Giovani Bernard:
#6 in rushing yards
#4 in yards per attempt

Jeremy Hill:
#2 in rushing TDs

A.J. Green:
#3 in receiving yards
#8 in yards after catch

Tyler Eifert:
#2 in receiving TDs (overall)
#4 in receiving yards (among TEs)

Kevin Huber:
#4 in net punting average
#6 in punts inside the 20

Carlos Dunlap:
#1 in sacks

Geno Atkins:
#2 in sacks (among DTs)

Vincent Rey:
#3 in combined tackles (as counted by ESPN)

I'm sure there are a bunch of others, but these are just what I saw at a glance. A few of them surprised me. Dalton might rank higher in total TDs if his rushing TDs are accounted for, I'm not sure. I know that none of these numbers really means much of anything, but whatever it's just eye candy.

Note: Phillip Rivers is close enough to Dalton in TD passes and passing yards that he could eclipse him in both tonight.
Reply/Quote
keep up the list if you can
Reply/Quote
That's some tasty stat-candy

Thanks Suffolk.  

BTW, I heard a stat on the radio this morning.  Something along the lines that of the last 48 times in which a team had been trailing by 17 or more points in the forth quarter, we are the only team to successfully come back.  

Can anyone find this online?
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 12:55 PM)StripesInSuffolk Wrote: Through five games (not including tonight's game between Pittsburgh and San Diego):

Andy Dalton:
#1 in the NFL in passing yards
#1 in yards per attempt (min. 100 attempts)
#3 in TD passes
#3 in QB rating
#2 in Total QBR (pointless awful stat, but there it is if you care)

Giovani Bernard:
#6 in rushing yards
#4 in yards per attempt

Jeremy Hill:
#2 in rushing TDs

A.J. Green:
#3 in receiving yards
#8 in yards after catch

Tyler Eifert:
#2 in receiving TDs (overall)
#4 in receiving yards (among TEs)

Kevin Huber:
#4 in net punting average
#6 in punts inside the 20

Carlos Dunlap:
#1 in sacks

Geno Atkins:
#2 in sacks (among DTs)

Vincent Rey:
#3 in combined tackles (as counted by ESPN)

I'm sure there are a bunch of others, but these are just what I saw at a glance.  A few of them surprised me.  Dalton might rank higher in total TDs if his rushing TDs are accounted for, I'm not sure.  I know that none of these numbers really means much of anything, but whatever it's just eye candy.

Note:  Phillip Rivers is close enough to Dalton in TD passes and passing yards that he could eclipse him in both tonight.

This is great stuff

Where is AD in QB rushing TD's so far?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Love the stats and thanks for the post. some stats are easy to find while some are very difficult if not impossible to locate. I was trying to locate stats earlier with no success on things like, which teams play better at 1pm vs. 4pm game, How certain QB's perform in certain months, etc. You know, the wild stuff the announcers come up with during games sometimes. They get that shit from somewhere.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 02:45 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Love the stats and thanks for the post. some stats are easy to find while some are very difficult if not impossible to locate. I was trying to locate stats earlier with no success on things like, which teams play better at 1pm vs. 4pm game, How certain QB's perform in certain months, etc. You know, the wild stuff the announcers come up with during games sometimes. They get that shit from somewhere.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/tgl_finder.cgi

This is a good source for some of that stuff.  Hit the "play index" tab in the upper left hand corner for stats on players in addition to teams.  But they still come up with some crazy stats that I am sure you have to pay to research
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 02:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/tgl_finder.cgi

This is a good source for some of that stuff.  Hit the "play index" tab in the upper left hand corner for stats on players in addition to teams.  But they still come up with some crazy stats that I am sure you have to pay to research

Thanks Fred.

I couldn't find the exact stat that I was looking for, but I did find something.

I set the criteria for leading by at least 17 points at the end of the third quarter.  (Which is slightly different than leading by at least 17 at some point in the forth quarter.)

On November 26, 2006 the Giants lost by 3, 21 - 24 against Tennessee, after leading by 21 at the third quarter.

Since then, all 153 times that a team that was leading by 17 points at the end of the third, that team went on to win the game.

Until yesterday.

This is different from what I thought I heard on the radio, so I might have done something wrong.

In any case, What a comeback!   Tiger 
Reply/Quote
Cincinnati Bengals

#1 in WINS

That is all
Reply/Quote
Dunlap may just break double digit sacks for the first time in his career.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 02:41 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: This is great stuff

Where is AD in QB rushing TD's so far?

Looks like several QBs are tied for the lead with two. Dalton, Flacco, Newton, and Taylor.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 02:27 PM)Baby Hawk Wrote: That's some tasty stat-candy

Thanks Suffolk.  

BTW, I heard a stat on the radio this morning.  Something along the lines that of the last 48 times in which a team had been trailing by 17 or more points in the forth quarter, we are the only team to successfully come back.  

Can anyone find this online?

Try 427 times. I know mind blown.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 10:16 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Try 427 times. I know mind blown.

wow....really
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 01:49 AM)Stewy Wrote: wow....really

Yup, last time a team came back from being down 17 in the 4th was 2010 when D.Jax had that kick return.
Reply/Quote
Dalton also has the best QB rating in the 4th quarter 154.7 Thats amazing. I hope thats a good sign that Dalton can handle the pressure in Prime Time and PA games.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 02:20 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Dalton also has the best QB rating in the 4th quarter 154.7 Thats amazing. I hope thats a good sign that Dalton can handle the pressure in Prime Time and PA games.

Pressure. Dalton. Primetime.

Haters' heads just exploded.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote