Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A great YouTube series for all my pure football fans
It’s sponsored by the NFL and it’s called “Film Session”. Just type it into the search.

Iv caught about 5 and they are extremely engaging. Iv caught the Burrow/Esiason, Ray Lewis/MLB from Colts, Lamar Jackson/Mike Vick, and 2 more i can’t remember.

I love this series. Very worth the binge if you fly alot or work a job where you can place YouTube on speaker and just listen.

The format is usually an active player sits down in a room with a vet and break down his best plays. They go in depth and talk X’s and O’s and it’s so fun. Watching the TreDavious White one now and he’s with Kurt Warner and some other guy and he’s talking about playing CB and how most CBs lock into a WRs hips to start routes to avoid getting Jukes by their arms then when they see a WRs hands go up that’s when they attack. This explains why so many passes get caught over corners heads but it also gives ammo to the crowd that believes CB is a harder position to play than QB.

So many corners fit one role in todays league and it’s no surprise so many corners careers are so up and down. A slot corner getting forced to guard X WRs for a season could end up being in the bottom 10 of starting corners. And Vice versa a solid outside corner being asked to guard slot WRs could look like a bust.

Football is so nuanced it’s crazy
-Housh
Reply/Quote