Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Do we need a new song for the Bengals?
"Jungle" - X Ambassadors w/ Jamie N Commons
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2022, 09:23 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Billy Strings,

Tedischi Trucks Band,

I'd like to take back all those horrible things I said about you in PMs to other members.

I saw Derek Trucks play when he was about 15.  He was so shy he did nto even look at the audience.  he just looked down at his guitar and shredded.

Strings is the greatest flattop picker alive.  He will throw jazz chord progressions in the middle of a blazing bluegrass jam.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2022, 03:30 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I say this without the slightest hint of irony or humor:

If I had the choice to listen to Taylor Swift and Katy Perry all day versus, say, Stevie Ray Vaughan for example -- I am taking the former, and I don't hesitate.

Taste is subjective on every dimension. All of these generalizations about what modern music is are unfounded. I also consider, just as a flat philosophy, "technical skill" to be among the least important elements of quality music. Obsession with that breeds genres I consider to be utterly unlistenable (e.g., progressive rock) and degrades an [IMO] much more important factor: writing.

Wow on the Swift and Perry over SRV, that is all. Don't disagree with the rest of your post though.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 03:40 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: "Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns 'n Roses has been the Bengals theme song for quite some time. I like the song, but is it time to get a new one? I was thinking something from Poison like "Look What The Cat Dragged In". lol

Nope it is perfect and fitting and does not need changed!
Reply/Quote