Thread Rating:
  • 29 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
Coaching props and rants!
Man did I lose track of this thread.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 01:30 PM)PhilHos Wrote: In order to have missed them, you would have had to live in a cave with no internet in Antartica.

Not really. I don't know how you could find legit complaints amid the torrent of daily smear campaigns being run. If there was anything real there it would have been used and there would have been no need for all the lies about him.

Of course, you might be predisposed to believing the media. I, personally, haven't watched a news cast in over 30 years and I'm sure I have missed anything valid or worthwhile in all that time. And look at how much free that gave me to do something else that made me more money.

Reply/Quote
(08-06-2021, 03:28 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Not really. I don't know how you could find legit complaints amid the torrent of daily smear campaigns being run. If there was anything real there it would have been used and there would have been no need for all the lies about him.

Of course, you might be predisposed to believing the media. I, personally, haven't watched a news cast in over 30 years and I'm sure I have missed anything valid or worthwhile in all that time. And look at how much free that gave me to do something else that made me more money.

Dude, I'm a conservative that voted for Trump in 2016 and certainly did NOT vote for Biden last year. I know that Trump definitely was constantly attacked for anything and everything but there were some legitimate criticisms one could make against him. To say there weren't only proves one's closedmindedness; just the same as if someone said there were no legitimate good things he did. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Trump
Never Trumpers
Ever Trumpers
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2021, 03:28 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Not really. I don't know how you could find legit complaints amid the torrent of daily smear campaigns being run. If there was anything real there it would have been used and there would have been no need for all the lies about him.

I'm...not sure if you paid attention to where this thread is and where the main JN posts are.  

This thread was created and is used as more of a caricature. It's not meant to be serious in any way shape or form and it does absolutely nothing to take away from serious discussion/rants on the shortcomings of ZT. 

If you are looking for that, you'll find it in JN proper.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I got a couple.. How stupid was it to have Bullock kicking over Seibert last year? The big one... Why wasn't Osai taken out in the 2nd quarter? We had seen enough.. Zack let him into the 3rd and of course he got injured. He was dominating their first string. There was no point of leaving him in thay long and it bit him...
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2021, 01:29 PM)Tony Wrote: I got a couple.. How stupid was it to have Bullock kicking over Seibert last year? The big one... Why wasn't Osai taken out in the 2nd quarter? We had seen enough.. Zack let him into the 3rd and of course he got injured. He was dominating their first string. There was no point of leaving him in thay long and it bit him...

[Image: youre-doing-it-wrong-youre-wrong.gif]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Definitely what's happening in Afghanistan right now.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 02:14 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Definitely what's happening in Afghanistan right now.

To be fair, I don't think Zac expected Biden to take him seriously when he suggested Ogbuehi be put in charge of blocking the Taliban. Ninja
Reply/Quote
Toe jam or jammed toes? Both suck and most likely Zac's fault!!

However toe jam football is definitely Zac's game.

[Image: th?id=OIP.-Dqfxlym2NOetladxVJfgAAAAA&pid...=300&h=300]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I got the perfect nickname ;Evan “The BootLegger” McPherson
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2021, 05:10 PM)Jeffjace Wrote: I got the perfect nickname ;Evan “The BootLegger” McPherson

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, wrong thread, Homes.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 11:53 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, wrong thread, Homes.

Turns out his posting in the wrong thread is Zac's fault.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I'm pretty sure the cat that almost fell to death's sweet embrace only to be a drunk frat boy's prop and an internet meme was Zac's fault
Reply/Quote
Don't even get me started on Zac Taylor, I'm not even going to go back and read this because I will come close to another anxiety attack. He needs to get his shit together.
Reply/Quote
I haven't seen a thread discussing it yet, so I wanted some thoughts about game 1 and the coaching. We've all discussed the questionable 4th down call on our 30, but how about the good things? Three things really stood out to me Sunday that involves the staff.

First, the penalties, or lack thereof. Last count I had, we wound up with only three penalties. After the last few years of seemingly endless penalties....and especially those that killed drives or gave opponents new life on offense...it was really refreshing to see the team playing with discipline and smarts. Hopefully that is the trend this year. If so, you gotta give em props for that.

Second, the defense. This one is obvious. Yeah, the pressure was nice, and I'm not so sure that'll be the case every week, but the big key is holding a guy like Dalvin Cook in check. I expected him to set the fantasy world on fire against us. He had a nice game, but not a typical Dalvin Cook nice game. Looks like the investment to stop the run was well spent.

Third, running the football. They seemed hell bent on running, and for a change, succeeded at it too. The Vikings have some very good interior players and LBs, and they ran it very well against them. That's an encouraging sign to me.

Thoughts?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Agreed. 4th down on our 30 was kinda dumb, but there were a lot of other good things that the coaching staff did.
Reply/Quote
The lack of penalties was great. The defensive play was good. Nice to see them generating more pressure. They tackled well on defense minus one play--and kept Cook in check. Most of the positives came down to how well the players looked though. Chase looked great. Tee Higgens looked great. The defensive line looked very good.

The negatives were sometimes the playcalling on offense was a little too predictable and safe (and maybe this is necessary to protect Burrow). For awhile there we were just throwing short throws and running the ball in the 1st quarter and didn't go anywhere. We missed two great opportunities early (starting from near midfield). We finally started attacking the defense and scored 3 TDs. Then late in the game we went back into our shell and didn't attack enough (likely due to all the pressure given up on passing plays). We made enough good plays to win. The running game looked better. But they need to get better on Offense (and I think they can).

The play calling on the 4th downs and 3rd downs wasn't ideal. The one big play late that won it was an audible by Burrow. Obviously the decision to give the Vikings an opportunity to get back in the game on the 4th and 1 was a bonehead call. Overall I wasn't impressed with the decision-making and play calling on 3rd/4th down this game. I hope to see that improve.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 12:55 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: The lack of penalties was great. The defensive play was good. Nice to see them generating more pressure. They tackled well on defense minus one play--and kept Cook in check. Most of the positives came down to how well the players looked though. Chase looked great. Tee Higgens looked great. The defensive line looked very good.

The negatives were sometimes the playcalling on offense was a little too predictable and safe (and maybe this is necessary to protect Burrow). For awhile there we were just throwing short throws and running the ball in the 1st quarter and didn't go anywhere. We missed two great opportunities early (starting from near midfield). We finally started attacking the defense and scored 3 TDs. Then late in the game we went back into our shell and didn't attack enough (likely due to all the pressure given up on passing plays). We made enough good plays to win. The running game looked better. But they need to get better on Offense (and I think they can).

The play calling on the 4th downs and 3rd downs wasn't ideal. The one big play late that won it was an audible by Burrow. Obviously the decision to give the Vikings an opportunity to get back in the game on the 4th and 1 was a bonehead call. Overall I wasn't impressed with the decision-making and play calling on 3rd/4th down this game. I hope to see that improve.

One thing to consider about the conservative calls in the 2nd half is that Higgins and Chase both missed significant time due to dehydration....and at the same time. I think that was a factor as well.

I'd agree with you on the negatives otherwise. I liked the balance, and on the audible, it was said that they sent in two plays, and Joe makes the call based on the look he gets. One run, one pass. I don't know about the validity to that claim, but it was mentioned.

The defense has some missing pieces back, as well as some added pieces. I guess my point with Anarumo is, now that he has the personnel he wants, were we a bit overly critical of him now that we can see the vision with better players on the field?

Offensively, being able to run seems to really open up the playbook. Play action was lethal yesterday. That hasn't been the case with less than 3 ypc the last few years. I'd agree about some in game negatives for sure, but the biggest positive for me is that with better execution/personnel, we get a glimpse of what these units are supposed to look like in these new systems. Yesterday, they looked pretty damn good.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 01:28 PM)Wyche Wrote: One thing to consider about the conservative calls in the 2nd half is that Higgins and Chase both missed significant time due to dehydration....and at the same time. I think that was a factor as well.

I'd agree with you on the negatives otherwise. I liked the balance, and on the audible, it was said that they sent in two plays, and Joe makes the call based on the look he gets. One run, one pass. I don't know about the validity to that claim, but it was mentioned.

The defense has some missing pieces back, as well as some added pieces. I guess my point with Anarumo is, now that he has the personnel he wants, were we a bit overly critical of him now that we can see the vision with better players on the field?

Offensively, being able to run seems to really open up the playbook. Play action was lethal yesterday. That hasn't been the case with less than 3 ypc the last few years. I'd agree about some in game negatives for sure, but the biggest positive for me is that with better execution/personnel, we get a glimpse of what these units are supposed to look like in these new systems. Yesterday, they looked pretty damn good.

Are these guys afraid they may have to take a whizz on the sidelines. I seriously don't know how you get dehydrated when you can spend the entire time the defense is on the field knocking back Gatorades and water. I see players sipping from the small cups now and again. They all need to have the big bottle in their hands and drinking constantly 
Reply/Quote