Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A little help for Saturday
Can't put this in JN unless the mods make an exception, so here goes.....

Barring any last minute changes, it looks like 4 of us are going to become low-key Bengal fans on Saturday and make the trip from Steelers Country to Cincinnati. We're not going to tailgate as we've got parking at our hotel, so we're looking for somewhere to pregame. It looks like Freedom Way has a lot of options. Any suggestions there? Oh and we've go two high schoolers with us, so I think straight up bars are out of the question. 

TIAJoe
Reply/Quote
Sell them for a profit to Bengals fans.

TIA
Reply/Quote
Google Longworth Hall + Bengals Bomb Squad. Tailgating gets started early, very close to Paul Brown stadium. Don't be drunk or disrespectful and your friends and high school kids will be welcomed and everyone will have a good time on the river. Dress warm be safe have fun! Check out the Bengals Bomb Squad on Facebook
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 12:23 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Sell them for a profit to Bengals fans.

TIA

(01-14-2022, 02:38 AM)WestCoastBengal Wrote: Google Longworth Hall + Bengals Bomb Squad. Tailgating gets started early, very close to Paul Brown stadium. Don't be drunk or disrespectful and your friends and high school kids will be welcomed and everyone will have a good time on the river. Dress warm be safe have fun! Check out the Bengals Bomb Squad on Facebook

Thanks for the replies. I'll check out Longworth Hall. Im too old to become a drunken fool (in public at least). Of course you will never know that Im there. The kids are just football fans and want to see a good game, as do I, and my neighbor asked if I wanted to tag along. Since it's smack talk, Im sure that my online reputation around here doesn't match real life. Despite what a lot might think, Im not the kind of obnoxious fool to parade around a Bengal game in Steeler gear with an attitude. Although I may have to stuff a Towel in my pocket for some good mojo if it's needed.  Wink

A quick aside...As a person whose money goes to Pitt every month, I was at the Peach Bowl 3 weeks ago. While hanging at a bar with a bunch of Pitt/Michigan St fans, one kid was parading around in a Michigan sweatshirt talking to only the Pitt fans. The State fans were absolutely livid at the arrogance and audacity of him to show up at their game in Michigan gear. So I get it even though personally I wouldn't care if someone was there in Penn State clothes. 
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 07:00 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Thanks for the replies. I'll check out Longworth Hall. Im too old to become a drunken fool (in public at least). Of course you will never know that Im there. The kids are just football fans and want to see a good game, as do I, and my neighbor asked if I wanted to tag along. Since it's smack talk, Im sure that my online reputation around here doesn't match real life. Despite what a lot might think, Im not the kind of obnoxious fool to parade around a Bengal game in Steeler gear with an attitude. Although I may have to stuff a Towel in my pocket for some good mojo if it's needed.  Wink

A quick aside...As a person whose money goes to Pitt every month, I was at the Peach Bowl 3 weeks ago. While hanging at a bar with a bunch of Pitt/Michigan St fans, one kid was parading around in a Michigan sweatshirt talking to only the Pitt fans. The State fans were absolutely livid at the arrogance and audacity of him to show up at their game in Michigan gear. So I get it even though personally I wouldn't care if someone was there in Penn State clothes. 

Meh, you wouldn't be the first.  There was such a person in an adjacent section at the KC game, wearing a Polamalu jersey.  We also have a guy that always shows up in Eagles gear.  Jersey, hoodie, whatever, he's always wearing that stuff, and he's at every game.  Free country and all, but it makes no sense to me.  

Have a good time, and maybe your presence will be the deciding margin for victory  ThumbsUp
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 12:29 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Meh, you wouldn't be the first.  There was such a person in an adjacent section at the KC game, wearing a Polamalu jersey.  We also have a guy that always shows up in Eagles gear.  Jersey, hoodie, whatever, he's always wearing that stuff, and he's at every game.  Free country and all, but it makes no sense to me.  

Have a good time, and maybe your presence will be the deciding margin for victory  ThumbsUp

I see them in Pittsburgh too. Doesn't matter to me either, but theres always that idiot drunken cowboy I'd rather avoid. 
People are passionate about their teams and I think being a division rival, it's best to leave the Steeler gear at home. I'd do the same in Cleveland and Baltimore too. They were thinking about Buffalo/New England too as Buffalo and Cincy are the same drive from Pittsburgh, but this will be a much better game. Now if we would've gone to Buffalo, then I'd definitely wear Steelers colors. As it is, I'll probably be wearing Pitt Panthers clothes. So if you see the someone in 128 wearing a Pitt hat and I've pissed you off here in smack, there's your chance to dump a beer on me. 

I expect the atmosphere to be rockin. I fully expect you guys to get that playoff win. 
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 05:55 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: I see them in Pittsburgh too. Doesn't matter to me either, but theres always that idiot drunken cowboy I'd rather avoid. 
People are passionate about their teams and I think being a division rival, it's best to leave the Steeler gear at home. I'd do the same in Cleveland and Baltimore too. They were thinking about Buffalo/New England too as Buffalo and Cincy are the same drive from Pittsburgh, but this will be a much better game. Now if we would've gone to Buffalo, then I'd definitely wear Steelers colors. As it is, I'll probably be wearing Pitt Panthers clothes. So if you see the someone in 128 wearing a Pitt hat and I've pissed you off here in smack, there's your chance to dump a beer on me. 

I expect the atmosphere to be rockin. I fully expect you guys to get that playoff win. 

We're going to Tina's to avoid the crowds at The Banks because that will be crazy.

Stop in to see Crip Poppa!

THANKS FOR THE LOVE!
Reply/Quote
SB, looks like you were the difference maker! Hope you and company had a good time. Myself, I'm going to need another day to thaw out completely.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Someone get the man some season tickets.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote