Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A little perspective on Kroft.
Want to make it clear that I am not saying the Kroft is as good as Eifert.

Just saying he has a lot more potential than many people here give him credit for.
Reply/Quote
Any updates on Eifert btw?

Reply/Quote
I remember Dan Coats being treated pretty bad despite playing nearly a full season with a broken, dislocated thumb. In no way am I defending his catching ability, but he was pretty good at blocking with a busted up thumb ..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2016, 10:30 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Any updates on Eifert btw?

His first name is still Tyler..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-17-2016, 05:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Oy, Eifert had better stop "blessing" this franchise if he knows what's good for him!

Yeah, wish the guy could stay healthy but his injuries have been freak accidents.

I don't believe Eifert is injury prone.

Just saying getting Kroft and Uzomah more first team snaps should help with them being so green.
Reply/Quote
Kroft was used more like a WR/TE when he got to Rutgers. He caught 43 passes in 2013. Then Ralph Friedgen showed up and wanted to implement more of power running game. Kroft was asked to become a blocking TE, which he wasn't know for. So he's still adapting his game. I believe he could be used just like Eifert if we had a capable blocking TE behind him.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2016, 01:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Here's one

https://playbook.draftkings.com/nfl/afc-team-team-minicamp-notes

Was pretty certain that Cincy Jungle had quietly slid in a quote from someone on the coaching staff, pretty much ruling Eifert out for at least week 2 of the regular season.

Are you talking about Duke Tobin's interview?

That's old news. He said receivers would have to step up, particularly with Eifert out early in the season.
Reply/Quote
He could be talking about preseason and as I have said before Kroft is like a Heath Miller not explosive but ultimate security blanket
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2016, 02:07 PM)grampahol Wrote: His first name is still Tyler..

[Image: nicki.gif]

Reply/Quote
(07-17-2016, 01:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: CJ had him featured in one of their "crazy predictions", or whatever it was actually called.  Anyway, they were suggesting that with Eifert's propensity to be injured, that it wouldn't be entirely crazy to think that Kroft could out produce Eifert this season.  They listed much of the same info, as fredtoast did in the OP.

Personally, I was looking forward to seeing Eifert and Kroft on the field together, in 2TE sets, similar to way NE used Gronk and Hernandez a few years back.  WTS, I totally believe that Kroft can come in, fill in nicely, with little to no drop off in production from the position.

Yea they do look like a really potent tandem that could cause matchup issues all around.  Some of us do take Kroft's athleticism for granted, he's more than just a solid blocker and safety valve.  He should fill in well for Eifert for a few weeks if needed and maybe we see more of the 2TE sets.  Though Hue is gone, it makes you wonder if Zampese will reset his packages and shift them pre-snap much.  Seems like you could do a lot with that base and RB's that can catch. 
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2016, 09:13 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Kroft would have been a 2nd round pick had he had a better QB at Rutgers throwing it to him instead of the opposition.

This, and I feel Boyd would have been a first rounder for the same reason.  
Reply/Quote
Kroft is someone I think is underated. He looked fantastic last year in a limited role as a rookie. Eye test tells me he has a great blend of size, speed, athleticism. Is Eifert better, yes. Eifert's ability to adjust to balls just isn't something you see at the TE spot too much. But Kroft can ball too.
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2016, 09:09 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Kroft is someone I think is underated.  He looked fantastic last year in a limited role as a rookie.  Eye test tells me he has a great blend of size, speed, athleticism.  Is Eifert better, yes.  Eifert's ability to adjust to balls just isn't something you see at the TE spot too much.  But Kroft can ball too.

Also i must add once again that Eifert's route running is second to none in the NFL as TE's go.

He puts moves on Safeties, Linebackers and Corners and leaves them in the dust...

Agreed on Kroft just adding to what you said about Eifert. He just needs to stay healthy.
Reply/Quote