Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A look at Bill Lazer's offensive game plan against Green Bay (article)
This actually make me feel a lot better and excited than I was. Good stuff.

http://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2017/09/21/a-look-at-bill-lazors-offensive-gameplan-for-the-green-bay-packers/
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Good stuff. I hope he's learned his lesson that throwing the ball 4 times on 7 snaps is... Well, pretty God D***ed stupid.

Also, if we go with that RB-by-committee approach again I'll likely put my fist through the tv. And please, for the love of everything holy, give Ross a real chance in this game. Let's not kill whatever confidence he may have left, please.
Reply/Quote
I like what I see there.....good find.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Wait, running backs can run routes out of the backfield besides swings? Color me surprised. LOL
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 10:45 AM)treee Wrote: Wait, running backs can run routes out of the backfield besides swings? Color me surprised. LOL

And wide receivers can run routes instead of end arounds, too. Betcha didn't know that, either. ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 10:46 AM)PhilHos Wrote: And wide receivers can run routes instead of end arounds, too. Betcha didn't know that, either. ThumbsUp

I heard it's even possible to throw the ball downfield, but that just seems ludicrous to me. Mellow  
Reply/Quote
I just noticed the OP spelled Lazor's name with an 'E'. LOL
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 10:50 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I just noticed the OP spelled Lazor's name with an 'E'. LOL

Laaaaaaaaaazer
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Great find. This got me really excited...wonder if any of this is implemented!?

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 10:01 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This actually make me feel a lot better and excited than I was. Good stuff.

http://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2017/09/21/a-look-at-bill-lazors-offensive-gameplan-for-the-green-bay-packers/

Very good stuff.

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 10:45 AM)treee Wrote: Wait, running backs can run routes out of the backfield besides swings? Color me surprised. LOL

Beat me to it.  I wonder that with the problems Boyd has generating separation thus far, why not have Gio AND Mixon in the backfield on either side of Dalton.   He could pitch it quickly outside to Mixon or have an option to fake the pitch to Mixon and slide Gio out the other direction for a quick pass.  

It will take better blocking at the WR position than we have had thus far as well.  

But if you are going to do a lot of quick, short, stuff, you absolutely must take a few deep shots early to loosen up the defense.  Core?  I would hope so.  Should be single covered opposite AJ.  I know Ross is out so it has to be Core.  He can do it.  

I remember hearing from Harbaugh in Baltimore (when they were really good) that they wanted to take at least 5 deep shots a game. 

2nd and 1, 1st and 10, 1st and 5 off of penalty...these are the desired times to air it out...not 3rd and 10 and throwing in to a hornets nest.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 10:23 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Good stuff. I hope he's learned his lesson that throwing the ball 4 times on 7 snaps is... Well, pretty God D***ed stupid.

Also, if we go with that RB-by-committee approach again I'll likely put my fist through the tv. And please, for the love of everything holy, give Ross a real chance in this game. Let's not kill whatever confidence he may have left, please.

AMEN !

I can't stand the musical backs thing - at all ! Put Mixon in and leave him in. Let him play two or three series then spell him with Gio for a series. 
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 09:25 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Beat me to it.  I wonder that with the problems Boyd has generating separation thus far, why not have Gio AND Mixon in the backfield on either side of Dalton.   He could pitch it quickly outside to Mixon or have an option to fake the pitch to Mixon and slide Gio out the other direction for a quick pass.  

It will take better blocking at the WR position than we have had thus far as well.  

But if you are going to do a lot of quick, short, stuff, you absolutely must take a few deep shots early to loosen up the defense.  Core?  I would hope so.  Should be single covered opposite AJ.  I know Ross is out so it has to be Core.  He can do it.  

I remember hearing from Harbaugh in Baltimore (when they were really good) that they wanted to take at least 5 deep shots a game. 

2nd and 1, 1st and 10, 1st and 5 off of penalty...these are the desired times to air it out...not 3rd and 10 and throwing in to a hornets nest.

Gio Bernard is pretty tough to tackle in open space.  I've often wondered why they don't take advantage of him as a receiver more often.  Then, I remember how much they like him for his blocking (he really is good at picking up the blitz).  This could be a game where we see more of Hewitt in to block, and Gio getting the ball in favorable matchups.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Thank you for doing the work, this looks very promising, even if it ends up as another L. I like it when you really show up prepared with a game plan, looks like he will continue to do the same. Let's hope he can make adjustments during halftime too. We've been lacking an OC that can do so accordingly for years.
Reply/Quote
Remember Bratkowski's offensive game plan for every game?

Run
Run
Run
Punt
Reply/Quote