Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A look back, CP9 draft
Props for the comparison on how they both grew big time their senior years.
That being said, I’m terribly confused who is ripping Burrow and saying he’s overhyped? Seems like an easy straw man.
I haven’t seen anyone seriously say he isn’t worth #1 pick.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 01:21 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Take Dalton leadership away same goes..there's that, we can play this game all day.. bottomline you are judged by your card and in Cincy Andy was a better QB especially for the pick level vs. Palmer...

Dalton’s leadership??

[Image: tenor.gif]

I was a much bigger fan of Palmer than Dalton, but neither were good leaders. The laid back California guy and the aww shucks church boy. Burrow has more fire than both of them put together.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 10:09 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: You go off the rails. On my post pretty simple Dalton took us to more playoffs and winning seasons 5 out of 9 years to 2 out of 7,  clearly you can conceded Dalton value was much better as 2nd round QB to Palmer as 1st pick of draft

...and Brady was a better pick for the Patriots in the 6th then any QB picked in the 1st round since him. Does that mean teams are better off drafting their QB's in the 6th versus earlier? No, because one case of something happening does not mean it is repeatable. Even if you concede we had more success with Dalton, which I still say is negligible, that has no barring on any future success based on where someone is drafted.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 08:58 AM)Au165 Wrote: ...and Brady was a better pick for the Patriots in the 6th then any QB picked in the 1st round since him. Does that mean teams are better off drafting their QB's in the 6th versus earlier? No, because one case of something happening does not mean it is repeatable. Even if you concede we had more success with Dalton, which I still say is negligible, that has no barring on any future success based on where someone is drafted.

You might as well be talking to an oak tree outside. 

There's been a handful of people survive falls from great heights from aircraft with no parachute. So when the plane is going down you gonna rely on the outlier or you taking a parachute ?
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 10:21 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: You might as well be talking to an oak tree outside. 

There's been a handful of people survive falls from great heights from aircraft with no parachute. So when the plane is going down you gonna rely on the outlier or you taking a parachute ?

well unless your on a skydiving plane they dont bring parachutes.... for the passengers lol..  so outlier it will have to be.. (But hey that seat can be used as a floatation device...)
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 05:28 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Take Zimmer's defenses away and Dalton doesn't go to the playoffs those years. 

So there's that. 

hate to break it to you... But no team goes to the playoffs without a defense..   So this arguement makes no sense.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 11:58 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: hate to break it to you... But no team goes to the playoffs without a defense..   So this arguement makes no sense.

KC is middle of the pack at best on defense. And they’re in the AFC championship.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 03:55 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Well after we took palmer 1OA  we took steinbach in round 2...    So im predicting  QB / OL again this time

At 33, I want Justin Jefferson or a player that can start at RG or RT on day 1.

I think those are both reasonable expectations :)
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 12:24 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: At 33, I want Justin Jefferson or a player that can start at RG or RT on day 1.

I think those are both reasonable expectations :)

Crazy thing is Justin Jefferson may not even be the best WR on the board at 33. SUCH a good WR class.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 12:40 PM)Au165 Wrote: Crazy thing is Justin Jefferson may not even be the best WR on the board at 33. SUCH a good WR class.

I was watching a PFF mock draft and they were naming so many WRs in the first round. It was crazy. I kept waiting for them to call Jefferson, but it never happened, which meant he was there at 33.

There were several WRs they called in the first round that I had never even heard of before (Laviska Shenault Jr, Jalen Reagor and Juwuan Jennings) in addition to the players I did recognize in Jerry Jeudy, CeeDee Lamb, Henry Riggs and Tee Higgins.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbPfUlQCQXM

If 7 WRs went in the first round and none of them were Jefferson, that'd be crazy.

I'd love it. But wow haha.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 12:40 PM)Au165 Wrote: Crazy thing is Justin Jefferson may not even be the best WR on the board at 33. SUCH a good WR class.

Am I thinking right that 6 is the most, at least recently, WR's taken in the 1st rd ?

That record might get broken.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 01:21 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Take Dalton leadership away same goes..there's that, we can play this game all day.. bottomline you are judged by your card and in Cincy Andy was a better QB especially for the pick level vs. Palmer...

You are on the drugs, my homie. 

If Palmer had stayed, i'd bet money they still get to 5 straight playoffs and possibly even win one. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 11:58 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: hate to break it to you... But no team goes to the playoffs without a defense..   So this arguement makes no sense.

It makes plenty of sense when you look at people saying "andy took" the team to the playoffs, when in fact it was the defense that was a massive reason why the Bengals went. As soon as the D declined, Dalton wasn't able to "take the team" to the playoffs any more.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 12:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: KC is middle of the pack at best on defense. And they’re in the AFC championship.

I think he thought i meant to completely take the defense away...

I hope he didn't mean that. Mellow

Reply/Quote
I really like what Andy did here and he’s a great guy off the field but Palmer was a better QB. Both were quiet leaders but CP had the size/arm strength/natural ability that Andy just did not have.
Now I like Andy better because Carson left like a doosh but I would much rather have prime Carson than prime Andy - that’s a no-brainer.

Burrow is a better athlete than Palmer was - he can move around/run a lot better than CP ever could. His leadership and confidence give him the extra intangibles that this team badly needs.
Reply/Quote