Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A mock to make the horrible free agency a thing of the past.
All of bengaldom is going crazy about zeitler and whitworth. There is some reason to this although i feel it isnt as bad as people make it out to be.with the amount of talent that we have lost this year and last year it seems like our "window" is now a sliver. No team can lose that amount of talent and do nothing in free agency and be a super bowl contender without doing something drastic. This mock while drastic and out of the bengals method, would turn that sliver into a barn door. if they really are worried this is what they should do.Anyways with the feeling around bengaldom and the report that the bengals are wooried about the exodus in free agency the last 2 years here is a mock that should make everyone feel great! Let me know what you think.
TRADES:
Trade down to 15 with the colts who desperately need oline help but think they really really want a lb(foster) more. We get the 15th pick, the 46th pick, and the 79th pick. They get the 9th pick.

Detroit lions
Trade the 79th pick and our 2 6th rounders to get the 53rd pick.

miami dolphins
Trade our 2 5th rounders and our 5th rounder comp next year for whit for the 54th pick.

Chicago bears
Trade our 2 7th rounders and our 3rd round comp pick for z next year for the 36th pick.

New york jets
Aj mccarron for the 39th pick.

So in conclusion we would have no picks after the 4th round and would lose 3rd round comp for next year and a 5th round comp for next year for z and whit, but we would have 7 picks in the first 64 picks, all with a shot at making the final 53 man roster. Now on the the mock!!

Rd.1 p15 corey davis wr western michigian.
Rd2. P4 ryan ramczyk ot wisconsin
Rd.2 p7 gareon conley cb ohio state
Rd.2 p9 dan feeney g indiana
Rd2. P14 rarkwon mcmillan lb ohio state
Rd.2 p21 demarcus walker edge florida state
Rd2. P22 pat elflien c ohio state
Rd3. P9 tanoh kpassagon edge villanova
Rd4. P9 jake butt te michigian
Rd.4 p31 joe mixon rb oklahoma

Sorry it was so long. Let me know.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 05:17 AM)Jpoore Wrote: All of bengaldom is going crazy about zeitler and whitworth. There is some reason to this although i feel it isnt as bad as people make it out to be.with the amount of talent that we have lost this year and last year it seems like our "window" is now a sliver. No team can lose that amount of talent and do nothing in free agency and be a super bowl contender without doing something drastic. This mock while drastic and out of the bengals method, would turn that sliver into a barn door. if they really are worried this is what they should do.Anyways with the feeling around bengaldom and the report that the bengals are wooried about the exodus in free agency the last 2 years here is a mock that should make everyone feel great! Let me know what you think.
TRADES:
Trade down to 15 with the colts who desperately need oline help but think they really really want a lb(foster) more. We get the 15th pick, the 46th pick, and the 79th pick. They get the 9th pick.

Detroit lions

miami dolphins
Trade our 2 5th rounders and our 5th rounder comp next year for whit for the 54th pick.

Chicago bears
Trade our 2 7th rounders and our 3rd round comp pick for z next year for the 36th pick.

New york jets

So in conclusion we would have no picks after the 4th round and would lose 3rd round comp for next year and a 5th round comp for next year for z and whit, but we would have 7 picks in the first 64 picks, all with a shot at making the final 53 man roster. Now on the the mock!!

I like it.  This will not happen but still.  I know Mixon has talent.  but no to Mixon.  WTS, this draft would get me excited.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 05:20 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I like it.  This will not happen but still.  I know Mixon has talent.  but no to Mixon.  WTS, this draft would get me excited.  

u could replace mixon with another back. Im a fan of him as far as his talent in the 4th, but foreman or conner probably last that long and u could replace him with one of them. 
Reply/Quote
I love the results. Nice fantasy. If we get a third of those players we'd be alright.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
No way the lions, Dolphins, or bears do those trades. They'd have to be completely stupid to agree to them. The players picked are great though, don't want mixon but I've been over that several times and am not going into it again other than to say I don't want him at all
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 05:40 AM)Jpoore Wrote: u could replace mixon with another back. Im a fan of him as far as his talent in the 4th, but foreman or conner probably last that long and u could replace him with one of them. 

I like Conner
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 11:50 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: No way the lions, Dolphins, or bears do those trades. They'd have to be completely stupid to agree to them. The players picked are great though, don't want mixon but I've been over that several times and am not going into it again other than to say I don't want him at all

Agreed. I don't know what would compel those teams to make those trades. Just from a PR stand point, Mixon is the wrong move. The Bengals still need to sell tickets and merchandise and he won't help them do that. There will still be talented RBs available in the 4th who can split the load without the baggage. RB is probably the position where the Bengals can find talent in the mid rounds. After all, David Johnson, the RB Mixon is being compared to was drafted immediately after the Bengals drafted Tyler Kroft in the third round.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 11:50 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: No way the lions, Dolphins, or bears do those trades. They'd have to be completely stupid to agree to them. The players picked are great though, don't want mixon but I've been over that several times and am not going into it again other than to say I don't want him at all

those teams get 3 picks by giving up 1. Reason i picked those teams was bears dolphins and lions appear to be a couple years out from being great so aqquire picks. I did mixon bc it seems were very interested. 
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 03:47 AM)Jpoore Wrote: those teams get 3 picks by giving up 1. Reason i picked those teams was bears dolphins and lions appear to be a couple years out from being great so aqquire picks. I did mixon bc it seems were very interested. 

It's not about the number of picks, it's about the value. A 3rd comp pick next year and 2 7th rounders is no where close to fair value for the 36th pick this year. All of those trades are very one sided and would never happen. Flip them around, would you honestly want the Bengals to do the trades if they were the other way around? No, you'd be livid we gave our picks away for squat. Those picks are so uneven I doubt the NFL would even allow the trade 
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 05:17 AM)Jpoore Wrote: All of bengaldom is going crazy about zeitler and whitworth. There is some reason to this although i feel it isnt as bad as people make it out to be.with the amount of talent that we have lost this year and last year it seems like our "window" is now a sliver. No team can lose that amount of talent and do nothing in free agency and be a super bowl contender without doing something drastic. This mock while drastic and out of the bengals method, would turn that sliver into a barn door. if they really are worried this is what they should do.Anyways with the feeling around bengaldom and the report that the bengals are wooried about the exodus in free agency the last 2 years here is a mock that should make everyone feel great! Let me know what you think.
TRADES:

Detroit lions

miami dolphins

Chicago bears

New york jets

I absolutely LOVE the selections, although I don't see RRZ being there in the 2nd, and that is a critical piece.  I have also been very vocal that I want nothing to do with Mixon, but that is more of a personal thing.  

The problem is I don't think there are very many teams (other than Cleveland who already has a shit ton of picks) are going to be looking to accumulate more picks for higher picks.  I would love packaging later picks to move up, but with it taking two teams...I am just not sure how realistic this becomes.

Love the picks, though...you are dead on there.  
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 10:00 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: It's not about the number of picks, it's about the value. A 3rd comp pick next year and 2 7th rounders is no where close to fair value for the 36th pick this year. All of those trades are very one sided and would never happen. Flip them around, would you honestly want the Bengals to do the trades if they were the other way around? No, you'd be livid we gave our picks away for squat. Those picks are so uneven I doubt the NFL would even allow the trade 
If we were in a rebud mode i would. Thtas what i see those teams as. Jets are definitily in a rebuild mode. Just cut 20 pro bowls. Bears let jeffery and cutler go they are in rebuild mode as well. Lions and dolphins are close to rebuild mode. Also could see a team like the pats doing this kind of deal since they dont have a lot of picks this year.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 10:55 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I absolutely LOVE the selections, although I don't see RRZ being there in the 2nd, and that is a critical piece.  I have also been very vocal that I want nothing to do with Mixon, but that is more of a personal thing.  

The problem is I don't think there are very many teams (other than Cleveland who already has a shit ton of picks) are going to be looking to accumulate more picks for higher picks.  I would love packaging later picks to move up, but with it taking two teams...I am just not sure how realistic this becomes.

Love the picks, though...you are dead on there.  
i think the jets and bears for sure would like to accumulate picks due to obvious rebuild mode. U can argue about the other 2 teams. And yeah i knew u wouldnt like the mixon pick. Trade him out for foreman youre all set. Guess we will see how it all shakes out.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 07:15 PM)Jpoore Wrote: If we were in a rebud mode i would. Thtas what i see those teams as. Jets are definitily in a rebuild mode. Just cut 20 pro bowls. Bears let jeffery and cutler go they are in rebuild mode as well. Lions and dolphins are close to rebuild mode. Also could see a team like the pats doing this kind of deal since they dont have a lot of picks this year.

Those trades are no where near realistic, just saying. Take a look at the trade value chart attached, it's not perfect but gives a good idea of what would be required to make a trade close to fair/reasonable. 

For instance:

Pick 53= 370 
While 79=195+(15 or 20 max for each 6th rounder) that is at most 240 to 370 which is still about the 92nd (3rd rounder) pick away from being fair. 

You can repeat the same process for each trade and none of them are close

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/draft/draft-trade-chart/
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 07:55 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Those trades are no where near realistic, just saying. Take a look at the trade value chart attached, it's not perfect but gives a good idea of what would be required to make a trade close to fair/reasonable. 

For instance:

Pick 53= 370 
While 79=195+(15 or 20 max for each 6th rounder) that is at most 240 to 370 which is still about the 92nd (3rd rounder) pick away from being fair. 

You can repeat the same process for each trade and none of them are close

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/draft/draft-trade-chart/

i know the value isnt as close as it ahould be. Im thinking about teams just wanting to accumilate picks due to obvious rebuild mode.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 12:45 AM)Jpoore Wrote: i know the value isnt as close as it ahould be. Im thinking about teams just wanting to accumilate picks due to obvious rebuild mode.

Yeah, but nobody wants to get an abundance of 6th rounders to move down that far.  Those values are so unrealistic it's not even funny.

I wouldn't even use the trade chart, just look at what teams have given up in the past to move up spots.

That being said, there is a pretty good haul of talent.
Reply/Quote