Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A new Benchpress record I got
I know 275 pounds is a warmup for many people but I got 275 up on the bench in the gym. I was excited. I'll probably never hit 300 but I will keep pushing.
Reply/Quote
Actually, that’s pretty good PB. Never take reaching a goal lightly. It speaks well of your determination.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: yo-dude-how-much-can-you-bench-Me-One-wh...e?size=600]
Reply/Quote
Nice work, PB! Never discount your personal achievements. They may not be large numbers in the big picture, but they are great numbers when considering where you were when you started compared to where you are currently.

In regard to not achieving higher goals? Once you have your basic training philosophy established, it's important to change your current program (and follow it to completion), about every 12 weeks. Congrats on reaching your 1st milestone goal, and safe training to ya, as you work toward achieving the next goal.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Great job PB :andy:
Reply/Quote
275 is a damn good push. If you have the plan and determination to get that far you will get to 300.
Reply/Quote
As embarrassing as it is, about 10yrs ago I started working out. My first attempt on an incline bench, I struggled mightily with 100lbs. It increased pretty quickly but that first day was head in the sand shameful.

Reply/Quote
My idea of working out these days is doing actual work. 
Back when my son and I had a business cleaning out foreclosure properties, hauling a kinds of heavy crap out of basements and so on we would go by gyms to tell people they could get a much better workout and get paid for it if they came to work for us instead of paying a gym..
I still kind of feel like that to this day.. Just go home and drag your furniture up and down the steps all day..lol 
Back then my stepdaughter was hoodwinked into a gym contract, but worked for us for a few days. I still remember her rant about getting paid for working for us as opposed to paying for the use of the gym..she said, "I've never been so damn sore as I am now after working for you guys!" LOL
I hauled scrap metal for about 10 years and was probably in much better shape than 90% of people paying for gym memberships..
Oh well..I no longer have the desire to climb in and out of dumpsters all day long.. I guess a lot of people are terrified of ever getting even a tiny bit of dirt under their finger nails..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
That’s awesome pb! I haven’t lifted seriously since high school football. Lifted since 7th grade and had a starting max of 95 lbs. my senior year my max was 305. Now if I lifted I seriously doubt if I’d get 200. I know there’s different ways to safely lift, but every week we’d max out and then through out the week we’d go thru a regime that our coach told us the Nebraska Cornhuskers used in there weight lifting program, which was during the height of the Husker football program, early 90’s. Nowadays they say you are not supposed to max yourself out that often. They want more reps than weight. ????
Anyways, keep up the good work, bud!!
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
I never hit 275 so it's impressive to me.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
nice I don't even have a total of 275 to use at home let a lone a bar that could handle it lol...

And my wifes not much of a spotter.. So I generally stay around 100 lbs (no idea what my max would be)
Reply/Quote
Good for you PB! 275 isn't something to "take lightly", (pun intended). When I last actually worked out, a long time ago, I struggled to get 250. Nowadays I would probably be lucky to get close to that.

So keep going, and you might hit the 300 after all! ThumbsUp
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
275 is very respectable. I can't imagine you're all that old, either, so you have a lot of time to build on that number if you take care of your shoulders. This is key. Research it. Learn how to use your lats and avoid rotating your shoulders forward when you press. It will lengthen your lifting career.

Gyms around the world are full of guys that are on the path to being middle-aged broken-down ex-lifters due to overemphasizing and bad programming related to the almighty chasing of the big bench.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2019, 09:51 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote:  Now if I lifted I seriously doubt if I’d get 200. 

(06-10-2019, 09:34 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I never hit 275 so it's impressive to me.

(06-11-2019, 06:05 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: nice I don't even have a total of 275 to use at home let a lone a bar that could handle it lol...

And my wifes not much of a spotter.. So I generally stay around 100 lbs (no idea what my max would be)

(06-13-2019, 01:08 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote:   When I last actually worked out, a long time ago, I struggled to get 250.  Nowadays I would probably be lucky to get close to that.

I don't think you guys understand how the internet works.  Here let me show you.

275 is not bad, but I can bench 300 lbs with my dick.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2019, 11:35 AM)fredtoast Wrote: 275 is not bad, but I can bench 300 lbs with my dick.

I'm sure that your dick really appreciates you pressing it into a 300 pounder.   Cool

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2019, 05:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm sure that your dick really appreciates you pressing it into a 300 pounder.   Cool

[Image: EagerSlowAustrianpinscher-small.gif]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2019, 11:35 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think you guys understand how the internet works.  Here let me show you.

275 is not bad, but I can bench 300 lbs with my dick.

when you weight near 300 lbs its just called a **** pushup
Reply/Quote