Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A new coach won’t change much
(12-22-2017, 08:04 PM)Trademark Wrote: Honestly I’ve accepted the fact that until Mike Clown passes away or retires this organization will continue to be mediocre. Sure this team might get lucky and make the playoffs but won’t mean much when it will be another first round exit. Watch Marvin go somewhere else and win a super bowl. I’m glad Marv is gone, but I appreciate what he did for us, there’s only so much that can be done with a cheapskate owner though. For instance Marvin wanted to keep Whitworth and he didn’t want to draft Ross. Honestly I fully expect this team to hire from within because Mike Brown is the worst owner to ever exist.

Though I do agree that Mikey is a clown and cares more about making money than winning...

You lost me at Marvin.

As HC if he coaches games like he does for the Bengals there is no way he'll ever win a SB.

Assistant or coordinator... perhaps?

As a head coach no f'n way!

Even the best coaches admit making mistakes/flaws and try to improve upon them.

Marvin?  Nope.  Never his fault. Never his misstep.  He will continually make the same mistakes.

He's remained comfortable here too long, and hopefully he gets a dose of reality when he actually is held accountable somewhere.

Mikey has handcuff him personnel wise, but does nothing to control Lewis when he's sitting in the box on game day.

That's all on Lewis.  Bad decisions and unprepared game plans are his to own.

It really is laughable when the rest of the world tells you that your coach stinks but yet here we are.

Trying to praise the same guy who can't beat our rivals and looks like he was plucked from the stands to coach the team when they actually make a playoff appearance.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Not with Mikey Boy within voodoo range.

[Image: whodeu_hash.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2017, 08:04 PM)Trademark Wrote: Honestly I’ve accepted the fact that until Mike Clown passes away or retires this organization will continue to be mediocre. Sure this team might get lucky and make the playoffs but won’t mean much when it will be another first round exit. Watch Marvin go somewhere else and win a super bowl. I’m glad Marv is gone, but I appreciate what he did for us, there’s only so much that can be done with a cheapskate owner though. For instance Marvin wanted to keep Whitworth and he didn’t want to draft Ross. Honestly I fully expect this team to hire from within because Mike Brown is the worst owner to ever exist.

I think Mike Brown is a terrible owner and would love for him to go away but I still contend that if we have a great coach and/or top 10 QB, we'd be just fine.  

This isn't the Bengals of 2 decades ago...we have the talent to compete. The problem is that it is very hard to make a run at the Lombardi when you have mediocre QB and coach. That is exactly what we've had with Marvin and Dalton. Without an upgrade at those spots, i agree, we'll never make it.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2017, 11:24 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Hopefully Katie takes after her grandpappy instead of old dad.

Yeah hopefully imbecility skips a generation.   Hilarious 

[Image: stupid_and.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2017, 04:44 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I think Mike Brown is a terrible owner and would love for him to go away but I still contend that if we have a great coach and/or top 10 QB, we'd be just fine.  

This isn't the Bengals of 2 decades ago...we have the talent to compete. The problem is that it is very hard to make a run at the Lombardi when you have mediocre QB and coach. That is exactly what we've had with Marvin and Dalton. Without an upgrade at those spots, i agree, we'll never make it.

BINGO!
Reply/Quote

The blame Mike Brown narrative is about 17-20 years past its relevance. It's just not applicable, nor does it make sense at this point to blame the owner for what's happened on the field. That falls to the Head Coach. Period point blank.

Mike brown has had the Bengals stocked with big time talent since before Marvin got to Cincy. Period..... (again) point blank.

- Why do people blame Mike Brown for an incredibly talented Bengals team for losing to the Steelers in 2005? That loss had NOTHING to do with Mike Brown.

- Why do people blame Mike Brown for Andy missing a wide open AJ Green against the Texans that would have won that playoff game? Mike Brown didn't miss that throw. Andy Dalton did.

- Why does anyone blame Mike Brown for Jay Gruden's "Ignore AJ Green, throw the Jermaine Gresham" game plan? Mike Brown didn't make or approve that BS idea. Jay Gruden & Marvin Lewis did.

- Why do people blame Mike Brown for the loss to the Colts in 2014? Mike Brown didn't injure half of the Bengals roster. Fate did.

- Why do people blame Mike Brown for the loss to the Chargers in 2013? Mike Brown didn't turn the ball over (literally) 4 straight possessions after having a half time lead. Andy Dalton did.

- Why do people blame Mike Brown for the "Melt Down at Paul Brown"? Mike Brown had nothing to do with that. Jeremy Hill, Vontaze Burfict, and Adam Jones - and marvin Lewis for not having the team prepared and disciplined did.

- Why do people blame Mike Brown for the 2017 O-line? The Bengals (lauded for many years now as drafting and developing incredibly well) drafted what were supposed to be 2 top tier Offensive lineman with high draft picks (IRONICALLY - what people are again clamoring for, right????) to prepare for Whitworth and Andre Smith leaving. That was super smart. The coaches (and players) couldn't make that happen. That's NOT on Mike Brown. The Bengals front office tried to do the right thing.

Mike Brown didn't make Whitworth get old. Father Time did. Drafting his replacement and letting him leave was the right thing to do.

Mike Brown didn't sign Kevin Zeitler to a RIDICULOUS contract. The Browns did. NOT matching that was the right thing to do.

- I blame Mike Brown for 1 thing: Sticking with Marvin Lewis (and possibly Paul Alexander) 5 years too long.

Other than that ^ , I've been super impressed with the Bengals front office and ownership for a long time. Blaming Mike Brown is lazy. There's nothing to back up him being the problem. Coaches coach. Players play. It starts and ends there because the Bengals have had outstanding rosters for a long time.
Reply/Quote
1. Is there a head coach out there that can overcome the Brown family roadblock ? I don't know ?

2. Show of hands, how many think Marvin can do it ? Will both of you please sign here ____________________________.

3. I'm very willing to try and have zero fear of anything that it will possibly bring.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote