Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A new way of thinking about it... ( to keep some sanity)
While we watch our beloved Bengals lose their marquee players, Jones, Sanu, Nelson, now Whitworth and possibly Zeitler and Kirkpatrick, in order to keep from pulling our collective hair out let's remember what they did here. They, as a team, went out and laid 5 golden goose eggs in a row in the playoffs. Maybe letting them all walk will bring about the change to get guys in here who will win in the playoffs.  Watching them all leave for "greener pastures" would be all so sweet were the Bengals to make it to the big game this year. Ya just never know......lot's of teams have done it with no name young guys..... (not saying I think this will happen, but one can dream)
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 12:51 PM)Sled21 Wrote: While we watch our beloved Bengals lose their marquee players, Jones, Sanu, Nelson, now Whitworth and possibly Zeitler and Kirkpatrick, in order to keep from pulling our collective hair out let's remember what they did here. They, as a team, went out and laid 5 golden goose eggs in a row in the playoffs. Maybe letting them all walk will bring about the change to get guys in here who will win in the playoffs.  Watching them all leave for "greener pastures" would be all so sweet were the Bengals to make it to the big game this year. Ya just never know......lot's of teams have done it with no name young guys..... (not saying I think this will happen, but one can dream)

Reggie Nelson was a straight up play-maker. He left for his chance to play for a team with a probability of going further in the play-offs than the Bengals. I don't think the Raiders would let Whitworth and/or Zeitler walk in the same off-season.

Sanu played in the Superbowl this past season and they almost won. 

Jones is a #1 WR and has proven his place with the Lions this past season.

Whitworth, per Hobspins article, was not resigned mostly due to the fact that he is 35 and the FA did not believe in him having more than 1 season left in the tank.

Zeitler was likely offered a lowball number and he is truly deserving of a mega contract.

Kirkpatrick- not much is known about him other than the Titans and Steelers are interested.

I don't blame any of those players for leaving. This organization is a joke. They proved it by losing Whitworth and Zeitler. They proved it by letting JJo leave. They proved it by losing Sanu and Marv Jones.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 12:51 PM)Sled21 Wrote: While we watch our beloved Bengals lose their marquee players, Jones, Sanu, Nelson, now Whitworth and possibly Zeitler and Kirkpatrick, in order to keep from pulling our collective hair out let's remember what they did here. They, as a team, went out and laid 5 golden goose eggs in a row in the playoffs. Maybe letting them all walk will bring about the change to get guys in here who will win in the playoffs.  Watching them all leave for "greener pastures" would be all so sweet were the Bengals to make it to the big game this year. Ya just never know......lot's of teams have done it with no name young guys..... (not saying I think this will happen, but one can dream)

That's one way to look at it, but the problem is that we aren't drafting well enough lately to plug all the holes and we refuse to use free agency to bring in anything other than low-rent guys - granted some of them have panned out.
Reply/Quote
prepare for lost decade, Part II

They should have fired Marv years ago to see if someone else could move the team to next level

Now , it is too late.

Please let AJ, Andy and geno leave this inept organzation
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Losing your best players and core of your team is never good.

What it's going to do is force the Bengals to play rookies and young players. Likely a 4-12 season is to follow.
Reply/Quote
It just goes to show how talented this team was two years ago and how much this team has carried Dalton. Unfortunately he got hurt and McCarron did the best he could, but Hill lost our chance in the playoffs.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 01:02 PM)RagnarLothbrok Wrote: Reggie Nelson was a straight up play-maker. He left for his chance to play for a team with a probability of going further in the play-offs than the Bengals. I don't think the Raiders would let Whitworth and/or Zeitler walk in the same off-season.

Sanu played in the Superbowl this past season and they almost won. 

Jones is a #1 WR and has proven his place with the Lions this past season.

Whitworth, per Hobspins article, was not resigned mostly due to the fact that he is 35 and the FA did not believe in him having more than 1 season left in the tank.

Zeitler was likely offered a lowball number and he is truly deserving of a mega contract.

Kirkpatrick- not much is known about him other than the Titans and Steelers are interested.

I don't blame any of those players for leaving. This organization is a joke. They proved it by losing Whitworth and Zeitler. They proved it by letting JJo leave. They proved it by losing Sanu and Marv Jones.

No argument, I liked all those guys... especially Nelson. Notice I said I didn't think it would happen, but one can dream..... meanwhile, someone else said it best.... "4th in the North"
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 01:04 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: That's one way to look at it, but the problem is that we aren't drafting well enough lately to plug all the holes and we refuse to use free agency to bring in anything other than low-rent guys - granted some of them have panned out.
I wish someone would buy out the Brown's and create a good franchise named the Bengals. My other option would likely land me in prison for 100 years.
Reply/Quote

Not with the current coaching staff and management we have.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I'm excited to see the younger guys get time here. I'm also horribly terrified of it too. I think next year could either be a pleasant surprise or a disaster. The honest finish will probably be in between, which is one of the worst spots you can be.
Reply/Quote