Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man..... "blank" these guys....
The browns got better, the Ravens didn't get worse and the Steelers are the Steelers. Where did we improve in a truly meaningful way? A new coach was needed but what success has he had as a head coach that tells us he's going to succeed here?

Stop being so offended everyone. Until this team earns respect and shows it can win none will be given.

Right but we had injuries. From the same persons that seem to be injured every year and we did replace or upgrade those people.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2019, 10:25 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: The experts are basing opinions like these off of:

1:  Mike Brown still pays himself a GM salary.

2:  The team did nothing on FA to move the needle.  No major holes were fixed.

3:  The Draft went with holes at the weakest roster position (LB) still evident

4:  The new HC has never been a HC, and has only briefly ever been a OC at the college/pro level

5:  The coaching staff vacancy process was a dumpster fire.

6:  The Steelers own the Bengals

7:  The Browns improved more than any other team in the Division, and have the youngest, most-talented roster of any AFC North team.  It’s the Browns I know, but you can’t argue the talent.

8:  The Ravens upgraded offensive weaponry, added some talent on defense, and made the Playoffs last year.

All of which adds up to a last place prognostication and a 6-10 record.  My guess is 7-9.

And if one looks at the above in an entirely "unbiased" manner, nothing in the above is untrue.

Let's not forget that we, the fans, tend to look at the Bengals through homer glasses (well, most of us, anyway). This season's W-L record doesn't mean much to me. What I want to see, is that the team plays hard every week and that the team plays smart every week.

Blowouts will happen ... they do every year in the HFL. Losses to bad teams will happen ... they do every year in the NFL. Injuries will happen ... they do every year in the NFL.

But if we're getting blown out, it will mean more to me if the players and staff aren't giving up.

If we're losing to a bad team, it will mean more to me if the players keep fighting to the end, and that the staff are making smart decisions to try to win.

If our injuries begin to pile up, it will mean more to me if our backups play hard and progressively get better during their time as replacements.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2019, 01:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Vegas has the Bengals at 6 wins.  Remember me when you are a billionaire.

You'll be the first person I call to ask if you want 1/100th of my first billion if it makes you feel any better.. Lucky for you I don't have your phone number.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2019, 12:49 PM)Sled21 Wrote: MSN, which I would never go to, but it's the home page on my work computer, had a prediction for all 32 teams this year. While the Ravens are expected to match last season with a 2nd year QB, and the Steelers are expected to be all that and a bag of chips again (gee, there's a surprise). Cleveland, with a new head coach is expected to be over 500% and continue to improve, while the Bengals, with a new head coach, must necessarily take a step backwards this year.... and go 4-12. I just hope I can find betting odds saying the same thing. 4 wins? If I can find that, I am going to make them pay badly.....

They are going to win 80 games?     Wink
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2019, 10:25 AM)motoarch Wrote: Stop being so offended everyone. Until this team earns respect and shows it can win none will be given.

All perspective. One could feel with a new coaching staff that until this team earns our disrespect, none should be given. We’ve done some very un-Bengal like things since ZT’s been here which is good. Cool

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2019, 07:39 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: All perspective. One could feel with a new coaching staff that until this team earns our disrespect, none should be given. We’ve done some very un-Bengal like things since ZT’s been here which is good. Cool

True. But I tell my son all the time to get along with people in real life, you need to grant them some level of respect no matter who they are. This is called "not being an asshole," and it is helpful in many situations. But in football, which is not real life, respect has to be earned. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2019, 07:39 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: All perspective. One could feel with a new coaching staff that until this team earns our disrespect, none should be given. We’ve done some very un-Bengal like things since ZT’s been here which is good. Cool

Yes, but they’re things almost every other team has been doing for years, so it’s really only impressive to us.

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2019, 03:46 AM)grampahol Wrote: You'll be the first person I call to ask if you want 1/100th of my first billion if it makes you feel any better.. Lucky for you I don't have your phone number.. 

I'll give you my number, but it's one of those 900 numbers. 
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2019, 12:15 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They also went out and made major moves to add a top 5 WR in OBJ and signed Hunt.

And while Kitchens is new as HC it was his offense that turned things around last season when Haley got fired. He’s going to be calling his own plays same as Taylor.

Believe it or not.....that was the offense Hue wanted ran when Baker took over....Haley balked, and that's what led to the riff that eventually got them both fired.   I linked an article about it to some thread, somewhere....lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2019, 11:11 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'll give you my number, but it's one of those 900 numbers. 

1-900-PLZ HELP? ...Nah..I have a hunch it's not that nice.. LOL
Thinking of those 900 numbers raise your hand if you were ever so hard up you actually called to talk to some broad... I remember one TV advert.. "For only $5.99 a minute we can talk all night!" .. It might have to be just a little more than talk for $5.99 a minute, but I won't specify..  I've always wondered just what kind of morons fell for those.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2019, 01:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Vegas has the Bengals at 6 wins.  Remember me when you are a billionaire.

Tiger Going to Vegas in Aug. 6 wins?? I'm betting big!!!
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote