Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A plan for Zac, 0-16 or not.
0-16 for any coach should put termination on the table, whether or not they have the in-breds we have running their franchise or not. However, I do get the argument that some slack should be granted due to implementing some "plan", no matter how ill-conceived and moronic it may seem at present. Perhaps the morons in charge will give Taylor a chance to acquire non-trash players this go around in FA. A decent OL, a real linebacker? Probably not, because Bengals and all, but still anything can happen, I guess.

Here's what I'd do if Zac manages to acheive the truly astounding and spectacular feat of embarrassing this franchise more than it's owners ever have by going 0-16. I'd let him get his quarterback and continue to run the O.

That would be it. I would immediately shit can Louie Slapnuts after week 17. He sucks and is the worst coordinator here since Zampese. He's worse that Austin. Totally out of his depth. I hate even hearing his name. Also tired of looking at his mouth-open lost look whenever he's shown on TV. Get him the hell out as the blood sacrifice.

Then, I hire a DC with head coaching chops to replace the turd. Del Rio, Ryan, whoever. Any semi-competent defensive minded ex HC not named Marvin Lewis will do. I might even try to poach Gregg Williams if possible.

Use the new DC to let Zac know that his leash is short. There's nobody here to take over if they fire Zac now. Get somebody. He's been given a lot of leeway with staff and play calling. 0-16 should remove some of that. Get a real presence in the locker room to either mentor or usurp him. Or not. You could totally just put the same roster out there as the last 2 years with the same staff as this one and act like things are going to get better. That's the Bengal Way, after all.
Reply/Quote
He 100% needs to give up play-calling duties.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
If Zac goes 0-16 then he should be back in Cincinnati next year.....as an assistant with the Bearcats again, NOT the Bengals.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 01:59 AM)kevin Wrote: If Zac goes 0-16 then he should be back in Cincinnati next year.....as an assistant with the Bearcats again, NOT the Bengals.

No, he would ruin what they have built. 
Reply/Quote
Interesting as the Defense is actually showing signs of improvement.

I disagree Lou is worse than Austin. Austin's D couldn't get a stop. At all. Offenses scored on every drive.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 12:22 PM)jj22 Wrote: Interesting as the Defense is actually showing signs of improvement.

I disagree Lou is worse than Austin. Austin's D couldn't get a stop. At all. Offenses scored on every drive.

The Defense played well against a Raiders team that scored 3 points against the Jets in a game where Carr was benched.

And against a Steelers team with a 4th string QB, no Juju, no Connor, and no Pouncey. The Browns totally shut that team down the week before.

It's not like we played well against great offenses.
Reply/Quote