Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A positive today (for me)
(12-13-2021, 12:31 AM)TheFan Wrote: You said "4th quarter game winning drives". Twice. 

The outrage is that he is filtering out all of those 1st, 2nd and 3rd quarter game winning drives! He has to specifically mention that they are 4th quarter GW drives, like there are any other type of GW drive. But he apparently has his own category - the official definition doesn’t work.

He just finds anything to be negative about. If it wasn’t GWD, he’d probably say Dalton was a better QB at this point in their careers because he had more rushing yards.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 11:20 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Burrow has yet to win a game after being behind in the 4th so he is NO BRADY at this point at all.... he had a great 4th but really he struggled overall until the 4th, could have 2 to 3 Ints..started out blah.. I understand blaming ZT also but when we have success in 4th quarter it is not just our QB... in the end both the coaching and Burrow have to play more consistent, we stink in the 1st quarter including Burrow. 

To be fair Brady wasn’t even Brady yet in his 2nd year as a starter. With that said I hate any comparison to a player who will go down as the GOAT once his career is over. Especially young players. JMO
Reply/Quote
Bengals we’re down 21-14 going into the 4th quarter vs Jacksonville
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 01:55 AM)brian5562 Wrote: Bengals we’re down 21-14 going into the 4th quarter vs Jacksonville

Okay. Good research. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 12:23 AM)TheFan Wrote: Burrow had game winning drives against the Vikings and the Jags this year. 

Don't waste your time with facts.  Some people would just rather focus on everything negative.  

Joe Burrow had a comeback in his very first start on a talentless team that was screwed by the refs (and then Fat Randy).  I simply don't understand how anyone can watch what Burrow is doing this year coming off a severe injury and have anything but optimism for the future.  
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 08:18 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Don't waste your time with facts.  Some people would just rather focus on everything negative.  

Joe Burrow had a comeback in his very first start on a talentless team that was screwed by the refs (and then Fat Randy).  I simply don't understand how anyone can watch what Burrow is doing this year coming off a severe injury and have anything but optimism for the future.  

I agree, Burrow gives me optimism. He's a great QB which is especially exciting since he's just played his first full season of games while also recovering from a devastating injury. I am tempering my optimism though, because this is the Bengals. Burrow has to overcome 30+ years of Bengals failure and all it entails.

Anyhow,  Who Dey
Reply/Quote