Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A question for Bengal fans (especially the ones older than 40)
So … are you guys rooting against the 49ers tonight?  LOL

You guys are one game away from the big one.  Would it bring back some old ghosts if you made it and your opponent turned out to be San Francisco? 
Reply/Quote
They say third time's a charm, right?

Would rather go up against Garropolo instead of Rodgers.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nah, was pulling for them. I despise the 49ers, but I hate the entitlement of the Packers fans. They're like KC and think the carpet should just be rolled out for them and no competition has a legitimate chance aganst them.

The two SBs are ancient history. I'd love another shot at the Niners. Zac took the ball out of Burrow's hands or we win that game this season. Besides, I'd rather face JimmyG than Stafford or Brady and their weapons.

So while there's still one more huge mountain for us to climb (and it will not be easy), if we do win next week, then by all means, bring'em on.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 11:47 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: So … are you guys rooting against the 49ers tonight?  LOL

You guys are one game away from the big one.  Would it bring back some old ghosts if you made it and your opponent turned out to be San Francisco? 

Nah. I'd love a chance to exorcise those demons. I had to suffer through both of those Super Bowls. 15 during the first one, 22 for the 2nd. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:08 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Nah. I'd love a chance to exorcise those demons. I had to suffer through both of those Super Bowls. 15 during the first one, 22 for the 2nd. 

Have you joined the AARP yet, gramps? I’m not even THAT old. 
Reply/Quote
Yes, I'm a geezer and would love a Bengals-49ers rematch. It would be a fantastic story about the lowest seeds getting to the big game, blah, blah, blah. Plus, it also means that Tommy Boy and Gisele would be watching from home.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 11:47 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: So … are you guys rooting against the 49ers tonight?  LOL

I was 31 when they played the first game and 38 with the second. As much as I would love to knock off the 9ers I know Montana isn't there anymore so I would rather play the Bucs and knock the GOAT off his throne. How symbolic would it be to put a new king (Burrow) on the throne?
Reply/Quote
No, I WANT the 9ers if we make it. Exorcise all demons in one year.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

I will always root for the 49ers to lose unless it helps us for them to win
Reply/Quote

Should we make it to the Super Bowl I hope SF is there waiting for us.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I was at super bowl 16. The ride home sucked. The day after the rematch sucked. If I could pick any one team to beat in the super bowl it is undoubtedly the 9ers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I'm pulling for the Rams, not due to a fear of the 49ers but more of a Whitworth deserves a Super Bowl game.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 06:19 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I'm pulling for the Rams, not due to a fear of the 49ers but more of a Whitworth deserves a Super Bowl game.

He played in their last SB didn't he?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I want the 9ers.

ohhh I want them bad.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 11:51 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He played in their last SB didn't he?

Yes. Feb.3 2019. Wasn't that when the Saints got screwed by a DPI non call that most likely would have put them into the SB instead of the Rams?
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 01:55 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Yes. Feb.3 2019. Wasn't that when the Saints got screwed by a DPI non call that most likely would have put them into the SB instead of the Rams?

Yep. Blatant DPI that wasn't called. You can only assume that they would have scored a TD after that call. Kicked a FG to go up then the Rams kicked a FG to send it into OT. A really ill advised pass from Brees got picked and The Leg kicked a 57yd FG to win it.

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 11:51 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He played in their last SB didn't he?

Meant to type ring not game.

If the Bengals go and play the Rams, at least that makes it a situation where there is a good outcome no matter what. 49ers and/or Chiefs go and there is just nothing good. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I want the 49ers...

Also, if the Rams go to the superbowl in LA, prepare for the most expensive superbowl tickets of all time... Every Hollywood somebody's and there brother will be going to the game. Half of them just to tweet or send an Instagram that they were there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Of course I want the 49ers now. Picked the Packers to win that last game and was wrong. 49ers got the Packers number.

The Rams with Donald and that pass rush are rough.

Expect them to beat the Niners, but want a 3 peat with a different result.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 10:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Of course I want the 49ers now. Picked the Packers to win that last game and was wrong. 49ers got the Packers number.

The Rams with Donald and that pass rush are rough.

Expect them to beat the Niners, but want a 3 peat with a different result.

Right on. I want no part of Donald and Von pass rushing Burrow. I want a third Super Bowl game against the 49'ers and I want the kid version of me from '88 - '89 to have peace. This time we have Joe Cool and they don't.
Reply/Quote