Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A question for Ohio residents
What is the most snow you guys have ever seen in a season? Can it snow as late as May or June down there?
Reply/Quote
Channel 12 News a couple years ago (2014) says...

-Earliest accumulation of snow in Cincinnati is 5" on Oct 19, 1989.
-Latest accumulation of snow in Cincinnati is 0.1" on May 5th, 1992
-Most snow in a season for Cincinnati is 53.9" in the 1977-78 Winter.

Hope that helps.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
53 inches in Cincy is a lot! We didn't even get that this year in Green Bay! Thanks for the info. I bet Cleveland has had over 100 inches in a season since they get lake effect from Lake Erie.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, we normally average roughly 12" a year of snowfall. Some big years, though. I think '13-14 we had a pretty darn large amount. Well over 40".

According to a quick Google search, Cleveland averages like 68". F those "Great" Lakes. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
We have had 53.1 inches of snow for this season here! I thought it was way less then that considering we have nothing on the ground anymore. We had a day in February that hit 65 degrees this year! That is probably the warmest day ever in this area recorded in February. Cleveland I think is warmer then Green Bay but gets more snow. The snow is probably gone a lot sooner due to it being warmer there. Cincinatti ever get the lake effect stuff from that far north or is too far south to reach that far down?
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2017, 01:59 AM)packerbacker Wrote: 53 inches in Cincy is a lot! We didn't even get that this year in Green Bay! Thanks for the info. I bet Cleveland has had over 100 inches in a season since they get lake effect from Lake Erie.

Well, that was the Blizzard of '78.  This area hasn't seen anything even close to that since.  Most winters we may see a foot total for the entire season, if that.  This winter we had flurries a few times and it snowed a half an inch or so on two or three occasions, but that was it.  It wasn't even that cold here.  I like snow and winter, and given how warm and dry this one was, this winter sucked balls.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2017, 08:21 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: this winter sucked balls.  

I would LOVE a winter that did that.
Reply/Quote
The infamous Blizzard of '78 happened when I was a child and I remember looking up to see the tops of the tallest snowdrifts.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I used to live on the west side of Cleveland, not much lake-effect snow there, mainly on the east side.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2017, 08:21 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Well, that was the Blizzard of '78.  This area hasn't seen anything even close to that since.  Most winters we may see a foot total for the entire season, if that.  This winter we had flurries a few times and it snowed a half an inch or so on two or three occasions, but that was it.  It wasn't even that cold here.  I like snow and winter, and given how warm and dry this one was, this winter sucked balls.  

I remember that blizzard in 78 very well. My folks lived in what at the time was a brand new large apartment complex where most everyone had a new car. I had an old beat up Chevy Vega with aluminum block engine and amazingly my old POS car was the only one that would start for 3 days.  I was unemployed at the time so I cleaned up doing grocery runs and running people to work that week. I've absolutely despised cold weather and snow ever since nearly freezing to death several times as a young man when for some ******** reason I thought it was a good idea to hitch hike cross country in the winter. I can't begin to tell you why I'm still alive to this day. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2017, 12:35 AM)packerbacker Wrote: What is the most snow you guys have ever seen in a season? Can it snow as late as May or June down there?
Just go ahead and move already !
Join me in the foothills of Appalachia.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2017, 11:50 PM)magikod Wrote: I used to live on the west side of Cleveland, not much lake-effect snow there, mainly on the east side.

My mother-in-law lived on the east side close to where 2 and 90 meet.  I was driving there, and my wife, who was already there, said to be careful because the weather was pretty bad.  I hit downtown and the sun is actually shining and I'm thinking "wtf is she talking about?"  I get about a mile away from 2 on 90, and all of a sudden I can't see a thing and traffic is at a standstill with snow just piling up on the roads.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I dated a girll who was a weather person in Cincinnati for a while.

She was really into me and said it was unusal to get 8 inches of the white stuff up there.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2017, 10:54 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The infamous Blizzard of '78 happened when I was a child and I remember looking up to see the tops of the tallest snowdrifts.

I think it was in the early 90s there was a pretty big blizzard in dayton.i remember being snowed in for days and seeing mountains of snow.wish i could remember the year
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 11:54 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Just go ahead and move already !
Join me in the foothills of Appalachia.

How you been Roto? Good hearing from you buddy.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2017, 12:55 PM)packerbacker Wrote: How you been Roto? Good hearing from you buddy.
Not bad.
I've been dabbling in politics.

You ?
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2017, 10:12 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I dated a girll who was a weather person in Cincinnati for a while.

She was really into me and said it was unusal to get 8 inches of the white stuff up there.

Sounds like to me, you were really into her. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote