Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A question for Ohio residents
You guys ever see a summer down there where you couldn't use the pool much due to it being too cool? You guys ever have a summer where it never hit 85 or 90 or at night have you had to wear a jacket?
Reply/Quote
It's happened..not often, but it did snow once in August. That was an odd one. My kids were freaking out wondering what that white stuff coming out of the sky in the summertime was. LOL Come to think about it I wasn't exactly expecting it..  I'm thinking it was just one of those really odd thunder clouds that got too cold in one small area..IDK, but it happened back in the 80s..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2019, 11:35 PM)packerbacker Wrote: You guys ever see a summer down there where you couldn't use the pool much due to it being too cool? You guys ever have a summer where it never hit 85 or 90 or at night have you had to wear a jacket?

not in recent memory...  Last year I believe was pretty mild overall  as in not breaking 100 much...

but the humidity keeps the index up around here.
Reply/Quote
If you need some extra heat up there, we have plenty to share here in the Mid-Atlantic.
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2019, 10:11 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: If you need some extra heat up there, we have plenty to share here in the Mid-Atlantic.

You guys can keep the heat. It hasn't hit 80 yet here Washington state! Give me the low 70's 
Reply/Quote
1992 was a really cool summer, if memory serves. I went to the Dayton air show that year, where you usually boil like a lobstah, and I wore a jacket that day. A few weeks before, we went to a Tigers game up at old Tiger Stadium, and it was freezing. Perhaps two outliers in an other wise hot summer, but I seem to remember that happening a lot that year.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2019, 11:35 PM)packerbacker Wrote: You guys ever see a summer down there where you couldn't use the pool much due to it being too cool? You guys ever have a summer where it never hit 85 or 90 or at night have you had to wear a jacket?

If you pee in the pool, it gets warmer you know. Ninja

Reply/Quote
(07-21-2019, 09:55 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: If you pee in the pool, it gets warmer you know. Ninja

It's a limited area, but you know how the sign reads at many public pools.. "We don't swim in your toilet so please don't pee in our pool.." The public pool in Moraine had such a sign, but few actually paid any attention. That pool was right in the Miami Shores part of town where foreplay was defined as "Pssst, sis.. You awake?"  
Anyone who ever lived in or near Miami Shores at the time (Around the 70s) knows exactly what I'm talking about.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I remember an oddly cool day here and there. July 3rd several years ago was rainy and in the low 60s much of the day if I recall correctly.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote