Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A question for you guys?
What's the worst car issue you ever had?
Reply/Quote
Well there have been several that killed my cars not sure which would be the worst.

Dropped transmission.
Rod thru the Engine.
Get hit head on.
Reply/Quote
You guys have Rust problems on vehicles like we do up here lol?
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2019, 11:30 AM)packerbacker Wrote: What's the worst car issue you ever had?

I assume you mean mechanical problems.

I had a wheel fall off of my very first car while I was driving it.  The lug nuts had not been tightened properly (I assume) and the slight play had sheered of the lug bolts over time.  I was going slowly pulling out of a parking lot so no huge accident.

I don't know what happened to a Sentra I had, but one time I checked the oil and there was a bunch of shiny metal flakes in it.  Sold it immediately.

Other than that it has just been a bunch of minor stuff like broken belts, cables, fuses and switches.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2019, 11:48 AM)packerbacker Wrote: You guys have Rust problems on vehicles like we do up here lol?

Anyone who lives in an area where roads are salted often during winter has rust problems eventually. Also people that live near the ocean. 

As for worst car problem, hard to tell because I've had a few cars where I replaced many parts before actually getting to the root cause. One of the prices you pay as a DIY'er and not having the knowledge to be a DIY'er. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think everyone's worst car moment is when it won't run. Mellow

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2019, 11:30 AM)packerbacker Wrote: What's the worst car issue you ever had?

Assuming you mean non-accident, for me it was turning left onto a four lane highway in a front wheel drive Honda Accord and the tie rod end pulled off of the rod, making the wheel jack knife out and leaving me stuck in the middle of traffic...
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2019, 09:51 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Assuming you mean non-accident, for me it was turning left onto a four lane highway in a front wheel drive Honda Accord and the tie rod end pulled off of the rod, making the wheel jack knife out and leaving me stuck in the middle of traffic...

Thank god you didn’t have a hooker in the car.

Reply/Quote
Engine locked up about 150 miles from home, and I had half a million dollars worth of jewelry with me. About $1.5million retail.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2019, 11:22 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Engine locked up about 150 miles from home, and I had half a million dollars worth of jewelry with me.  About $1.5million retail.

it always sucks when your car breaks down when your on the run lol
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2019, 01:51 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: it always sucks when your car breaks down when your on the run lol

I did better than Marion Crane.  (Old movie reference)
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Actually I completely forgot about the worst problem I ever had.

I was driving from Minneapolis to Knoxville in a shitty early 80's dodge charger. Transmission went out in Indianapolis. They people that fixed it absolutely raped me on the price. They charged me $1000 for a rebuilt little 5 speed manual transmission. That was in 1989 and I doubt the car was worth that much.

That car was a total piece of shit. Things breaking on it all the time.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2019, 10:05 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Thank god you didn’t have a hooker in the car.

Nervous well; um; yes; didn't; just like you said Nervous
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2019, 11:22 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Engine locked up about 150 miles from home, and I had half a million dollars worth of jewelry with me.  About $1.5million retail.

This sounds like the start of a movie...
Reply/Quote

It always suck when you can't depend on your get'away car.... Hilarious
Reply/Quote

My 1st car I bought on my own was 79 Mercury Capri. I had just got out of Annapolis and was assigned my first station, so I needed a car. I would be driving down I-5 in San Diego and the car would just shut off.... I had to carefully put the car in neutral, while coasting along at 60 mph, and turn the key to start the car. Of course I bought the car at one of those corner car lots, so I was on my own. After about a year and pissing people off, when the car stopped running at a red light, I found a garage that corrected it. Turned out to be nothing more that a bad computer chip. I can't believe that it took me going thru about 4-5 garages before someone found the problem.  I shortly traded it for a new truck and never looked back.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2019, 11:48 AM)packerbacker Wrote: You guys have Rust problems on vehicles like we do up here lol?

My Chevy Silverado is rusting out from under me. Seems to be a universal problem with them. I had to take my tailgate off just the other day.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Does getting hit by one and in the hospital for several days count?
Reply/Quote

When I was 17, I finally got my girlfriend into the back seat and she wouldn't let me go any farther than making out.
Reply/Quote
Meh, some interesting stories. But, these guys went through a lot worse...

[Image: PTA-Style-Guide-Gear-Patrol-Lead-Full.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote