Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sON Of a **&*&(*& MotheR**(**
Here i sit, one week before our trip to New York and my BnB cancelled due to some construction BS. So i scramble to find another...lo and behold, i find something closer that seems to be even better than i had before. Tons of glowing reviews, etc etc. So i request it and the answer is...sorry, someone else had already booked that date but had pmt issues...blahblah...wanted to give them a chance. 

So here i still sit. Having to scramble for another place.

My question is; who has visited New York and knows some good areas to look in to stay for a few days. So far my search has been in Brooklyn but i'm open to some suggestions. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I've only stayed in hotels in Manhattan, and pretty expensive ones as for me that's part of the experience.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2019, 09:04 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I've only stayed in hotels in Manhattan, and pretty expensive ones as for me that's part of the experience.

Yep this is what we do.  We stay on Time Square so we can walk just about every where we want to go.  

We always stay at Hilton Double Tree Times Square.  This is.....expensive however, but it is part of the experience.

Walk to all our restaurants, plays, musicals, shopping, etc.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2019, 10:52 AM)Stewy Wrote: Yep this is what we do.  We stay on Time Square so we can walk just about every where we want to go.  

We always stay at Hilton Double Tree Times Square.  This is.....expensive however, but it is part of the experience.

Walk to all our restaurants, plays, musicals, shopping, etc.

I think at some point he also talks about Sbarro being his favorite New York pizza place.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2019, 11:09 AM)michaelsean Wrote:

I think at some point he also talks about Sbarro being his favorite New York pizza place.

We actually found this great hole in the wall, walk up place two blocks from the hotel.  Some of the best pizza I ever had.

Here's a picture - it was easy to find via google - Patzeria - http://prntscr.com/nmh382
Reply/Quote
Did you ever find that perfect park bench with the arm railings in the center so you can lay down and relax? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-26-2019, 12:46 PM)grampahol Wrote: Did you ever find that perfect park bench with the arm railings in the center so you can lay down and relax? 

Not a park bench. 

Subway bench. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote