Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A question
Guys, people will stop being racist as soon as people against racism stop talking about it.

That's how the Civil Rights movement had so many victories. They stopped talking about how people wouldn't let black people vote or eat at restaurants and then they started letting them.

No progress was made by having a frank conversation on the status of race in this nation and then working to correct it. That's just race baiting to line the pockets of liberals.

2funny
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-10-2018, 11:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd imagine a great many things do. 

Usually I leave it people who say racist things or act in a manner that attempts to put down a group or individual based on their color or country of origin rather than their actions.

(01-10-2018, 11:56 PM)Vlad Wrote: To name a few possibilities:
Farmers Markets
Brown paper bags
Woodwork
Milk
Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches.
The National Anthem
Ba Ba black Sheep
Dr. Suess

From 2017 only:

Not on that list:  Marching while chanting racist things.  Odd.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-11-2018, 09:36 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Or bigotry.  It doesn't really matter what we call it.  We can all agree it's wrong.

Can we ALL agree it's wrong?

Re-read this thread.
(01-11-2018, 10:08 AM)GMDino Wrote: Not on that list:  Marching while chanting racist things.  Odd.

2funny
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

JC started to touch on this. None of you have really hit on the real reason that racism or bigotry based on religion exists. It is innate in us. Human beings are a pack/tribal animal. Genetically we are programmed to cooperate with our pack and compete with other packs for resources and women. As society progressed our "pack" has grown to a village to a town to a city to a nation. Even within these packs we create sub-packs. We're all Americans, yet how many look down on those from the south or at least make derogatory jokes at their expense? This board is an excellent example. In the smack talk forum GMDino and I are in the same tribe. In the P&R section we dislike each other.

We tribalize ourselves on a daily basis and race, which is usually visually apparent, is an easy way to do this.
(01-11-2018, 10:21 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: JC started to touch on this.  None of you have really hit on the real reason that racism or bigotry based on religion exists.  It is innate in us.  Human beings are a pack/tribal animal.  Genetically we are programmed to cooperate with our pack and compete with other packs for resources and women.  As society progressed our "pack" has grown to a village to a town to a city to a nation.  Even within these packs we create sub-packs.  We're all Americans, yet how many look down on those from the south or at least make derogatory jokes at their expense?  This board is an excellent example.  In the smack talk forum GMDino and I are in the same tribe.  In the P&R section we dislike each other.  

We tribalize ourselves on a daily basis and race, which is usually visually apparent, is an easy way to do this.

First off:  I don't dislike you.  I disagree with you.  I don't "know" you so I can't dislike you...just the things the do not agree on.

Secondly: Religion is an entire different subject!  LOL!  I understand the hate that comes from those disagreements.  I certainly don't agree with it, but I know where that comes from.
(01-10-2018, 10:46 AM)GMDino Wrote: I have a white friends who always greets us with "My N******!" where as if I was actually black he would have run me off the block by now.  Smirk

If it's among friends and the others do not have a problem with it that's fine.  If it's about groups of people or individuals that you don't know I don't think so.

I've been involved in plenty of insult laden conversations.  Among friends you can say things that aren't offensive.  It's different when racist terms or ideas are spread about people outside that group in my opinion.

I have a friend who does this..... he is in his 20’s and all of his friends do it. Every time he says it I always tell him he is an ahole and he shouldn’t he saying that stuff. It is honestly a thing with the age group.

We can Thank rap music and pop culture for normalizing this language to the point that it’s said all the time.
(01-11-2018, 12:14 AM)Vlad Wrote: Throughout the course of the day I come in contact with people of every variety, and never once does race or racism enter my mind.

I imagine everyone else has the same experience.

I can walk the streets of a city at night alone without worrying about getting raped.

Do you imagine that everyone else has the same experience, or is that a privilege that only men enjoy?
(01-11-2018, 10:21 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: JC started to touch on this. None of you have really hit on the real reason that racism or bigotry based on religion exists. It is innate in us. Human beings are a pack/tribal animal. Genetically we are programmed to cooperate with our pack and compete with other packs for resources and women. As society progressed our "pack" has grown to a village to a town to a city to a nation. Even within these packs we create sub-packs. We're all Americans, yet how many look down on those from the south or at least make derogatory jokes at their expense? This board is an excellent example. In the smack talk forum GMDino and I are in the same tribe. In the P&R section we dislike each other.

This is human nature. And in the end no one gives a crap about race or color. They just want to make sure they get ahead. You can want those things and not think about color or race.

This country isn’t racist. Yeah we have some jerkoffs but that happens when you put so many different people together.
(01-12-2018, 03:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I can walk the streets of a city at night alone without worrying about getting raped.

Do you imagine that everyone else has the same experience, or is that a privilege that only men enjoy?

Go do that in one of these European countries who are overrun with the stampede of migrants. You are likely getting raped. Most likely after the women and children but they like raping men as well.
(01-12-2018, 04:09 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Go do that in one of these European countries who are overrun with the stampede of migrants.   You are likely getting raped.   Most likely after the women and children but they like raping men as well.

[Image: facts.jpg]
(01-12-2018, 04:09 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Go do that in one of these European countries who are overrun with the stampede of migrants.   You are likely getting raped.   Most likely after the women and children but they like raping men as well.

You keep saying this and I keep asking you: Can you provide some sort of evidence that having a larger number of immigrants increases your chances of being raped?
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(01-12-2018, 03:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I can walk the streets of a city at night alone without worrying about getting raped.

Are you suggesting men don't get raped and it's a privilege they enjoy? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

You almost had it....

There are ME cultures where men (well young boys) are raped at a higher rate than women; especially on Thursday night. 

(01-12-2018, 05:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Are you suggesting men don't get raped and it's a privilege they enjoy? 

Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. 

The number of men getting raped is so small that no man I have ever met has ever said "I can't walk home alone.  I might get raped."
(01-12-2018, 05:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You almost had it....

There are ME cultures where men (well young boys) are raped at a higher rate than women; especially on Thursday night. 

And there are countries where white people are such a small minority that they have to constantly worry about being oppressed by racism.

All I am talking about is the privilege here in the United States.
(01-12-2018, 05:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You almost had it....

Yeah I said it the way I did to avoid the “you are a racist” post.
(01-12-2018, 04:53 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: You keep saying this and I keep asking you: Can you provide some sort of evidence that having a larger number of immigrants increases your chances of being raped?

Since the rapefugees have stampede into Europe rape and sexual assault have increased.
(01-12-2018, 08:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. 

The number of men getting raped is so small that no man I have ever met has ever said "I can't walk home alone.  I might get raped."

Good to know men have the privilege of not getting raped. Just because you in your vast experience in the matter, have never encountered it does not mean it does not occur 

(01-12-2018, 08:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And there are countries where white people are such a small minority that they have to constantly worry about being oppressed by racism.

All I am talking about is the privilege here in the United States.

So we should limit migration from such countries so we can maintain these privileges?