Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It’s All About Third and Long
Third down. Both sides of the ball. It’s a big problem.

The Bengals are third and long too often on offense and rarely convert. Why does Zac Taylor call a run up the gut on third and a light year? Why do receivers consistently run shallow routes short of the first down markers?

On defense the Bengals allow too many conversions on third and long. This has been a serious issue since Mike Zimmer left. Watching Philip Rivers throw softballs to a wide open TY Hilton got old fast.

This is the key to football, Bengaldom: Sustaining drives on offense and forcing three and outs on defense.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 07:49 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This is the key to football, Bengaldom: Sustaining drives on offense and forcing three and outs on defense.

Disagree.

The key to football is scoring more than the other team scores.

The Bengals won the Time of Possession today 34.5 minutes vs 25.5 minutes. I believe I heard something about the Bengals coming into this week leading the league in ToP.

Sustaining drives is pointless if you don't score TDs.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 08:13 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Disagree.

The key to football is scoring more than the other team scores.

The Bengals won the Time of Possession today 34.5 minutes vs 25.5 minutes. I believe I heard something about the Bengals coming into this week leading the league in ToP.

Sustaining drives is pointless if you don't score TDs.

It's insane how the Bengals can manage a ToP lead, have turnover differential lead in this game and still lose. That's 2 major factors that I bet most teams if they have even one of those win the game nevermind both of them. Can't be many coaches that lose with those positives in their favor. 

Loss comes down to coaching for me. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Time of possession might be the most worthless stay of all time. Judging the success of an offense or a game off of TOP doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote