Just looking for something to be positive about

The 3 teams we've played thus far are ranked for team defense:

Seattle #11
San Francisco #2
Buffalo #5

Now looking ahead

Pittsburgh #29
Arizona #30

The Steelers are 28th in the league against the rush giving up 139 yards per game. The Cardinals are 30th against the rush giving up 157 yards per game.

Perhaps we can get the running game going a bit and get this offense on track ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I surely hope so.
Reply/Quote
Don't see why not; Stoolers don't have the LBs anymore, period and they have 3 good players on the line, but the depth behind them is not great at all, thus if we get the snap count up, it will cause them to rotate and put in weaker guys.

'zona is just a mess still and Murray is bipolar to the extreme.

We'll see!
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 08:59 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Don't see why not; Stoolers don't have the LBs anymore, period and they have 3 good players on the line, but the depth behind them is not great at all, thus if we get the snap count up, it will cause them to rotate and put in weaker guys.

'zona is just a mess still and Murray is bipolar to the extreme.

We'll see!

I sure hope so !

I think for this team to really get on track offensively we have to have some production from the running game.
Reply/Quote
Hope we win this one. Beating the Steelers for our 1st win would be sooo sweet, I will need dental work. LOL

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 08:30 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Just looking for something to be positive about

The 3 teams we've played thus far are ranked for team defense:

Seattle #11
San Francisco #2
Buffalo #5

Now looking ahead

Pittsburgh #29
Arizona #30

The Steelers are 28th in the league against the rush giving up 139 yards per game. The Cardinals are 30th against the rush giving up 157 yards per game.

Perhaps we can get the running game going a bit and get this offense on track ?

I think we are the number 32 run offense. So we may look acceptable against the bottom defenses.
Reply/Quote
Had a tough run of games. No excuse to get blown out by SF, but the road venues of Seattle and Buffalo were extremely tough to play in for a team that has a rookie head coach. Maybe they can somehow win the next two, get Green back and go on a run. Maybe. Probably not. But maybe
Reply/Quote
2018 Colts went 1-5 and turned their season around.

New HC needs a win or two to get the players to buyin and believe.

When you are going to your third option at LT and 3 of the 5 starters are new - you really shouldn't win in this league.

It is encouraging that we have been competitive till the last drive in two out of three games.

Tempering expectations is difficult, but I suggest we be realistic.
Reply/Quote
Just watched Bengals game again. Some very positive things to take away. Defense overall did well. There were a lot of great pushes from the D line, they just didn’t finish as Allen made some freak plays, all of which ended up going for eventual points. D line just needs to finish when they are there for a sack. Run offense came to life second half.

The more I think about it they nearly gathered 2 wins on the road in tough environments. The SF game was an absolute embarrassment, but aside from that the team has been in games even despite no run offense. If they can keep the pace of the 2nd half offense against the Bills, good things are ahead. Also like the OP pointed out, we won’t be facing world beating defenses the next couple of weeks.

Only question is, can the the team play just one week of complete football without a bunch of costly mistakes. TBD.
Reply/Quote
Don’t worry op. Shitsburgh will move up 20 spots when they are done with us
Reply/Quote
Get to 2-3 and who knows.

I think we beat Pittsburgh.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 10:47 PM)Brimey Wrote: Had a tough run of games. No excuse to get blown out by SF, but the road venues of Seattle and Buffalo were extremely tough to play in for a team that has a rookie head coach. Maybe they can somehow win the next two, get Green back and go on a run. Maybe. Probably not. But maybe

Perhaps ? a little run

I'm hoping they can get a couple wins under their belt and gain some confidence. If they can get just an average running game going it will change everything, I hope.
Reply/Quote
Beating Pittburgh means a lot of things
1. Road win vs North SUPER HUGE
2 ZT beats the Steelers 1st time out.huge moral boost
After Marvin was the Steelers doormat for 15 years
3. All of a sudden new energy surge in the lockeroom.
4. Huge win carries over to the Zona game
5. 2 straight wins could lead to 3 etc etc
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2019, 10:16 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Beating Pittburgh means a lot of things
1. Road win vs North SUPER HUGE
2 ZT beats the Steelers 1st time out.huge moral boost
After Marvin was the Steelers doormat for 15 years

3. All of a sudden new energy surge in the lockeroom.
4. Huge win carries over to the Zona game
5. 2 straight wins could lead to 3 etc etc

It would be very, very nice to get started changing that right from the jump huh ?
Reply/Quote
The only hope we have is the age of Mike Brown.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2019, 10:51 AM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: The only hope we have is the age of Mike Brown.

ouch...

Dead Horse
Reply/Quote
The combined record of the teams we played so far is 8-1 Shocked
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2019, 11:12 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: The combined record of the teams we played so far is 8-1  Shocked

Yeah, but take out their wins against us and they're only 5-1. Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I don't know how many times these sorts of games have to happen before it finally kills off any remaining hope.

We're an 0-3 team with outrageous talent deficits all over the field, especially at OL and LB.

Pittsburgh is up and down, but one thing they always do consistently well is beat the chili cheese out of the Bengals.

Monday Night game in Heinz Field. Both teams desperate for a win.

I know they have Mason Rudolph at QB - I couldn't care less if it was Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. Pittsburgh is winning the game, and probably by double digits.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote