Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A sad, sad day
Today we put our 12.5 year old pup to sleep. He was having heart issues, had a tumor in his gut and his back legs stopped working. It was painful to do, but it was time. I'm going to miss him.

[Image: 34701187_2178385012202253_36872229339204...e=5BADC4CC]
Reply/Quote
Sorry for your loss. I'm sure that he was a great friend.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Very sorry your friend has passed.
Glad he isn't suffering.
Reply/Quote
Sorry for your loss.

We had to do the same for our 20 year old kitty last year on Memorial Day weekend.

I know I'll never forget him, and I know you'll never forget your best friend either.
Reply/Quote
Sorry man. This is always tough.

Reply/Quote
Sorry man, that’s a tough decision to make. Not looking forward to that day for me and my dog. He’s 12 1/2 now, I cherish every day I have with him now.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
 Our oldest dog who is 13 is close too. It's going to break my wife's heart when she does finally pass.

We got her from the pound when she was still a puppy. Ugly little thing that was found in the park and as we walked past the spot where all the puppies were, she was the only one jumping up on the wall saying "I PICK YOU, I PICK YOU" with her tail wagging and when I put my hand down she jumped into my arms.

Now, she has trouble getting up and down the steps and has cysts on her legs. She's still very happy and tries to jump when we get home, but it wears her out. 

One thing though, she doesn't just lay around like she's ready. She still gets into the garbage and loves to eat paper, we have to keep our bathroom doors closed or she will get the rolls of TP all over the place.

Yes, it's going to break my heart too.

I have to say, it's ok to cry, it really is and let your wife and kids see too so they know it's ok as well.
Reply/Quote
Sorry for your loss. It's like I said in Wyche's case, they're a a part of the family.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
So sorry as a dog becomes indeed a member of the family. So sorry! Sad
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
It is alway's a brutal day losing a pet, sorry friend.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Sorry for your tough decision and loss of a cherished friend/family member.  It was one of the toughest things I've ever done....holding her paw as she passed on.  I owed her that though.  It gradually gets better, as sorrows turn to precious memories and stories.  Godspeed brother......I sympathize with you.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
It was the right thing to do.

May his memory be a blessing.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote