Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A self-proclaimed white nationalist planned a mass terrorist attack
(02-21-2019, 06:33 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: 1 guy every now and then vs the k's that cross daily?
Doesn't really compare.

And what ever happened to the FL mail bomber with the Maga Van?

The "k's that cross daily" commit less crimes than the "1 guy" (lol) every now and then.  Illegal immigration is down, crime is down, and DJT wants to take money from other projects to spend billions on a campaign promise. And he won't listen to his own admins numbers on any of it.

Haven't seen anything about the guy from Florida...why?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-21-2019, 03:02 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: In store ammunition prices being what they are it always makes sense to buy online.  Thankfully as a peace officer I am still able to do so, unlike anyone in CA who is not.  When you buy online it makes sense to buy in bulk to keep the shipping costs down.  Stored properly ammunition lasts "forever", my father still has ammunition from WW2 that we've shot as recently as last month.  It wouldn't be at all unusual to have tens of thousands of rounds in your home.

Didn't a lot of WW2 ammo use fulminated mercury, discontinued in the '50s for its corrosive effects?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-21-2019, 08:38 PM)Dill Wrote: Didn't a lot of WW2 ammo use fulminated mercury, discontinued in the '50s for its corrosive effects?

There is corrosive primer ammunition, you can still shoot it, you just need to clean your firearm as soon as you get home.  There's no waiting a week or so to clean it or yes, you will get massive corrosion.  You'll still get milsup ammo on the larger sites every once in a while from Eastern Europe, they always point out if the ammo uses corrosive primers.
(02-21-2019, 03:02 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Stored properly ammunition lasts "forever", my father still has ammunition from WW2 that we've shot as recently as last month. 

They found some Revolutionary era hand grenades in a museum in Richmond, I think it was, that have been causing a bit of alarm as they are still live.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(02-21-2019, 09:06 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: There is corrosive primer ammunition, you can still shoot it, you just need to clean your firearm as soon as you get home.  There's no waiting a week or so to clean it or yes, you will get massive corrosion.  You'll still get milsup ammo on the larger sites every once in a while from Eastern Europe, they always point out if the ammo uses corrosive primers.

I was thinking maybe after a certain time, the primers were no longer reliable.
(02-21-2019, 09:11 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: They found some Revolutionary era hand grenades in a museum in Richmond, I think it was, that have been causing a bit of alarm as they are still live.

LOL have to actually light those guys though, don't you? 
(02-21-2019, 09:15 PM)Dill Wrote: LOL have to actually light those guys though, don't you? 

The blackpowder compound is very unstable at this point, so they don't take any chances and call the bomb squad in.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(02-21-2019, 09:14 PM)Dill Wrote: I was thinking maybe after a certain time, the primers were no longer reliable.

They do become less reliable, but if they have been stored properly they will likely still function.  We've had very few primer strike no fires.  There are newer primers that are lead free and they have a shelf life of around 5-6 years.  They are unpopular for this reason.
(02-21-2019, 03:27 PM)GMDino Wrote: A lot. A little. "much".

And, again, I realize it's not something that the right or DJT wants to talk about.

He's tweeting about the fake hate crime and the wall.  That feeds his base.  I just don't buy it.

How does any of these articles further your assertion that right wing domestic terrorism is a bigger problem?
(02-22-2019, 12:02 AM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: How does any of these articles further your assertion that right wing domestic terrorism is a bigger problem?

Because I read them?

Edit:

https://www.theatlantic.com/news/archive/2016/06/immigrants-and-crime/486884/

https://www.jjay.cuny.edu/news/crunching-numbers-gauge-extremist-crime

https://qz.com/1182778/the-far-right-was-responsible-for-the-majority-of-extremist-killings-in-2017/

No one said the numbers are easy to compare but over and over they show immigrants in the US commit fewer crimes per capita. And the right wing extremist crimes are rising over the last 5-6 years at least.

I'm still waiting for the POTUS to comment on the man who had a hit list of democrats and journalists. But I know he's busy with the fake hate crime so he can mix up a fresh batch of snake oil for his buyers.
(02-21-2019, 07:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So we should build the wall to protect "undocumented" (Left) "illegal" (Right) from coming here and being victims of crime.

No because there is crime on both sides of the wall.  It would not make any difference.

(02-21-2019, 07:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We shouldn't arrest killers, because sometimes killers kill other killers in killings that would have been committed on non-killers if the killer was in prison

No.  We should always arrest killers, what I am saying is that we should not arrest large groups of people just because there may be a killer among them.  There is probably a killer in the town where you live.  Should you be put in jail because of that?

Understand now?  If not I will try to make it evem more simple.
I suppose this passes as good information for Tucker.

(02-22-2019, 01:34 PM)GMDino Wrote: I suppose this passes as good information for Tucker.

LOL Hilarious  . . . wait . . . Sad
(02-21-2019, 08:35 PM)GMDino Wrote: The "k's that cross daily" commit less crimes than the "1 guy" (lol) every now and then.  Illegal immigration is down, crime is down, and DJT wants to take money from other projects to spend billions on a campaign promise. And he won't listen to his own admins numbers on any of it.

Haven't seen anything about the guy from Florida...why?

The "k's" are committing a crime just by crossing and who cares if it's down from the highest peak its ever been at in the last few years, it's still to many.

Just curious about the guy from Fl, it happened back in Oct, so I figured some update would've been done by now. Charges etc. They were quick to charge this guy, but he actually didn't do any of the things he was planning. Would you call that preventative?

Kinda like before another measle/TB outbreak happens? stopping illegals that have not been medially cleared is preventative as well is it not?

(02-22-2019, 09:43 AM)GMDino Wrote: Because I read them?

Edit:

https://www.theatlantic.com/news/archive/2016/06/immigrants-and-crime/486884/

https://www.jjay.cuny.edu/news/crunching-numbers-gauge-extremist-crime

https://qz.com/1182778/the-far-right-was-responsible-for-the-majority-of-extremist-killings-in-2017/

No one said the numbers are easy to compare but over and over they show immigrants in the US commit fewer crimes per capita. And the right wing extremist crimes are rising over the last 5-6 years at least.

I'm still waiting for the POTUS to comment on the man who had a hit list of democrats and journalists. But I know he's busy with the fake hate crime so he can mix up a fresh batch of snake oil for his buyers.

Why are you posting data that has info pertaining to "LEGAL" immigrants and trying to pass it off as "Illegal" immigrants? No one has an issue for those that come here the right way.
(02-22-2019, 01:34 PM)GMDino Wrote: I suppose this passes as good information for Tucker.

Not sure what your point is, but regardless of your association or who says it, Illegal Immigrants shouldn't be here is a true statement.
(02-22-2019, 02:37 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: The "k's" are committing a crime just by crossing and who cares if it's down from the highest peak its ever been at in the last few years, it's still to many.

Because that isn't the "crime" that DJT and his ilk use to justify the wall. Also, seeking asylum isn't illegal. Also, if the rates are currently dropping what is the "emergency"?

(02-22-2019, 02:37 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Just curious about the guy from Fl, it happened back in Oct, so I figured some update would've been done by now. Charges etc. They were quick to charge this guy, but he actually didn't do any of the things he was planning. Would you call that preventative?

They didn't arrest the guy based solely on his van...lol. What are you suggesting? I hesitate to guess at your point.

(02-22-2019, 02:37 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Kinda like before another measle/TB outbreak happens? stopping illegals that have not been medially cleared is preventative as well is it not?

Citizens didn't vaccinated their children. Why make this an immigrant issue? (I know why.)

(02-22-2019, 02:37 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Why are you posting data that has info pertaining to "LEGAL" immigrants and trying to pass it off as "Illegal" immigrants? No one has an issue for those that come here the right way.

Again, because simply crossing isn't what Trump is fighting against. He has told you that the people crossing will rape and murder and force drugs into your raped and murdered bodies. Smirk

DJT wants zero southern border immigration. Wonder why?
(02-22-2019, 02:41 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Not sure what your point is, but regardless of your association or who says it, Illegal Immigrants shouldn't be here is a true statement.

I'm sure Tucker agrees with you.

ThumbsUp
(02-22-2019, 03:05 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'm sure Tucker agrees with you.

ThumbsUp

As do I. Don't you?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-22-2019, 03:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As do I. Don't you?

Part of me says illegals shouldn't be here, but if rich white guys who are super successful hire illegals, maybe there is a reason for them to be here.  I just assume better minds than mine are at work here.
(02-22-2019, 03:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As do I. Don't you?

I bet not for the same reasons.  Don't you?  Mellow