Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A short 16 weeks starts today
Hopefully it goes to 20 or 21 or so weeks..whatever it actually is , but it's still too damn short. It should be extended until the beginning of baseball season just to avoid the 4 month gap since I don't follow basketball. 

Anyway, the clock starts today.. (as if nobody else knows) Just a reminder of how quickly our lives go...I guess. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Would love it to be longer. However, not real sure on health impact to players. Probably shorten the career span.

Reply/Quote
To me, 16 games are plenty. When I was in high school and college the first round playoff games were done by New Year's and then the Super Bowl was like the third week of Jan.

It seems to go fast because my favorite time of year is October through December and there are lots of other people who feel the same way. Spring football in another league doesn't work either. A longer season would really stress out the players who are already beat up by the playoffs many times.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 09:01 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Would love it to be longer. However, not real sure on health impact to players. Probably shorten the career span.

[Image: 18s4e115p73tejpg.jpg]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Is it 1 o'clock yet..... Rock On Rock On
Reply/Quote
Guys... It just hit me.

The gloriousness that was the 2005 football season was 13 years ago... I was 15/16 years old then... So that's almost half my lifetime ago... Man, where does the time go?
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 09:23 AM)Pat5775 Wrote:  13 years ago... I was 15/16 years old then... So that's almost half my lifetime ago... 

Well...… you suck..... Hilarious 
Enjoy your younger years....
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 09:09 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: [Image: 18s4e115p73tejpg.jpg]

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4897344]

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 09:20 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Is it 1 o'clock yet..... Rock On Rock On

Soon. 4 minutes to go and it’s acceptable to start the breakfast beers.

Reply/Quote
It won't be long.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 09:23 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Guys... It just hit me.

The gloriousness that was the 2005 football season was 13 years ago... I was 15/16 years old then... So that's almost half my lifetime ago... Man, where does the time go?
Back when I was a kid time hadn't even been invented yet..Wait till your grandkids are old enough to have sex and having babies.. 
I was already a grandpa when the Bengals were in the super bowl last time.. Of course that's because my ex's daughter got knocked up at 14 and my ex is 10 years older than me, but the kid at the time was already referring to me as grandpa at 32..She already has two kids of her own. DON'T EVEN talk to me about how time gets away from us.. lol

It just struck me that I might be a great great grandpa before I reach 70.. Nervous
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Heading west in 30 minutes to LOS to watch the Bengals dismantle the Colts!
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 09:33 AM)grampahol Wrote: DON'T EVEN talk to me about how time gets away from us.. lol

If it makes you feel any better, the regular season is actually 17 weeks long.

So, at least you have that extra week going for you. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 09:20 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Is it 1 o'clock yet..... Rock On  Rock On

So freakin ready !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 09:24 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Well...… you suck..... Hilarious 
Enjoy your younger years....

I've been graying since I was 19 and I turn 30 in a month... I'm old, man. I'm effing old... I'm effing old as effing F  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 09:33 AM)grampahol Wrote: Back when I was a kid time hadn't even been invented yet..Wait till your grandkids are old enough to have sex and having babies.. 
I was already a grandpa when the Bengals were in the super bowl last time.. Of course that's because my ex's daughter got knocked up at 14 and my ex is 10 years older than me, but the kid at the time was already referring to me as grandpa at 32..She already has two kids of her own. DON'T EVEN talk to me about how time gets away from us.. lol

It just struck me that I might be a great great grandpa before I reach 70.. Nervous

Well.... Damn! Haha
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 09:26 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Soon. 4 minutes to go and it’s acceptable to start the breakfast beers.

Dog, I had 2 very heavy laden bloody mary's for breakfast this morning around 7:30 or so. It's usually a a day for mr to mow, but since the Mississippi river broke it's way to soggy! My second attempt at getiing ready for the game started at 10 am and am on 3td manhattan! I'm sick of the rain but not feelin no pain!! Sick of the rain but not feelin the pain!  Wink

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 11:27 AM)RASCAL Wrote: Dog, I had 2 very heavy laden bloody mary's for breakfast this morning around 7:30 or so. It's usually a a day for mr to mow, but since the Mississippi river broke it's way to soggy! My second attempt at getiing ready for the game started at 10 am and am on 3td manhattan! I'm sick of the rain but not feelin no pain!! Sick of the rain but not feelin the pain!  Wink

I see that. Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 09:41 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If it makes you feel any better, the regular season is actually 17 weeks long.

So, at least you have that extra week going for you. 

True.  A wise man always knows what he's got going for him.

[Image: image.png]

Pre-season seems to drag on forever, and the regular season seems pass in a moment.  Before you know it we'll be 5-6 and discussing how we just need to run the table to get that final WC spot.  Ah, memories.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 09:20 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Is it 1 o'clock yet..... Rock On  Rock On

Thank god it's a 1 PM game and not one of the Monday nighters!
Reply/Quote